Can I change the now playing buttons?
I have just started using back row & one of the only mayor problems I have encountered is that I can't see the now playing buttons clearly from across the room.

Can anyone tell me where i can find the button images? I can't seem to find anything of that nature inside my skins folder. If someone can point me in the right direction I'm sure I will be able to change them to suit my needs.

Many Thanks

Steve
I understand that the images I require might be inside the Textures.xpr file. I know that I can't extract this file. Where might i be able to find the source? Any help that can be offered on re-compiling would be welcomed. Smile
Hi Steve - yep no probs.

Go here:

Click "Download GNU tarball"
Unrar the skin.
The media images are all located in the media folder. Change what you need.
Click Build.bat to build the skin.

Cheers
syeuk2002 Wrote:I have just started using back row & one of the only mayor problems I have encountered is that I can't see the now playing buttons clearly from across the room.

Can anyone tell me where i can find the button images? I can't seem to find anything of that nature inside my skins folder. If someone can point me in the right direction I'm sure I will be able to change them to suit my needs.

Many Thanks

Steve

I also noticed this small buttons problem, at point two -->here

Maybe the authors of backrow will change them to a better visual condition.
What about deleting the symbols, and giving us just some large rings... Eek

If they would make the Symbol large and clear this skin would be perfect.
Have your designed and make graphic's from scratch before? It's no picnic in the park with design's. Idea's are great until you see them for yourself for the 1st time. I choose the inner ring for a purpose. So when selecting, it's used like the light around an elevator selection button. Used since the beginning since it make's it very clear with which button is chosen.
I can, as i mentioned, bring up the color some more, but already tried a few things before choosing what is used now.
-Chose a lit Red ring, didn't look right.
-Removed the inner ring, and made the button bigger to fill, and used both a highlight around the outer ring to show definition of chosen button better, along with a lightened selected button background (like used now.) and it didn't quite look right. Also didn't look as professional.
I am ok with making the icon inside bigger, but tried to make them equally in size to keep the look looking professional. That's the main aim after all.

I'm open for suggestion, to some extent though. But as Sharpe knows, i try a bit of different things with each thing i do before going with the ending result chosen, as i am pretty picky and if i try something that doesn't quite look right or off, i won't use it, or i will make changes until the ending result just 'looks right' or fitting.

Things i will look into though, add more color to the yellow ring which should help add more definition. I orig. backed off from using too much color as it creates a bloom effect and looses a little of it's intended purpose. But i could add more still and have it look good still. I will also look into make the icon's bigger to an extent. I have a 7inch screen i threw into my case and even at 7inch i can still make out which one is selected, so i'm not thinking that should be a big deal, but either way, I'm cool with messing around and see what i can do. I do consider myself to try to be open minded. And i will play around further with removing the ring and not cheapen the look.. Cool

I have an idea for the ring request that might be a good compromise. And my vision of it, should still look good, and yet allow the icon's to be bigger, without making the overall button larger.
Thank you for your appreciation, i will check your further Releases.
Thanks Sharpe, that was exactly what i was looking for. Smile

I have skinned before & have already completed the first incarnation of my changes. I may post it back to the forum as a mod when I'm happy with it.

Thanks for your help.

Steve
Cool - Looking forward to seeing what you come up with
Hey syeuk2002,
I made changes to all the OSD button's (picture's above already changed to new shot of them in action.) i order to help view them easier from a distance, and to also better separate the selected one from the rest. Hope that helps. Also looking forward to seeing what you come up with . Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I change the now playing buttons?0