[WINDOWS] Portable mode not working.
During install you can choose Default Mode "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\XBMC" or Portable Mode "C:\Program Files\XBMC". However, when I choose Portable Mode some files are stored in "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\XBMC". For example the "userdata" and the "scripts" folders is using the Default Mode path.

Maybe this has to do with a previous install which was in Default Mode. How can I make it portable? Is it possible to manually change the path?
To check what mode XBMC is running in look for xbmc.log. In portable mode this will be created in the XBMC directory (usually C:\Program Files\XBMC) while in default mode it will be in the C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC .

So run XBMC then close it and note the time. Look in the two directories above and see if xbmc.log is there, and if so that its timestamp is (approximately) the time you noted. If you find xbmc.log in both locations it just means you have run XBMC in both modes. In that case check which file has the correct timestamp.

Note that to run in portable mode you just specify -p as a command line argument. When you select "Portable mode" in the installer all you are doing is configuring the start menu shortcut to have -p in the target. For example if you find XBMC.exe using Explorer then double-click it you are always running in default mode, whether you specified portable mode at installation or not.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Note that to run in portable mode you just specify -p as a command line argument.
Oh, it's that simple to change mode. Oo
I reinstalled XBMC, but was still using the old shortcut.

Thanks for helping.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Portable mode not working.0