Advanced SSA and ASS subtitle support?
elupus Wrote:yea i'll probably try to get it working in dvdplayer for us.

Are you also talking about doing the whole filtered and anti-aliased DVD subs that MPlayer supports?
Any updates on this elupus? Smile
no not really
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Oh, okay, I understand that you're probably busy with more important stuff. Looking forward to this feature anyway, if ever.
Lightbulb 
Support for advanced SSA/ASS subtitles have been requested before here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=6982

...but now just last week this patch was submitted to MPlayer:
[MPlayer-dev-eng] [PATCH] libass support in demux_lavf, try 2

Could this patch be ported and implemented into XBMC's DVDplayer subtitle reader?
...if so then this should at least enable basic SSA and ASS displaying in XBMC Huh

Any volunteers?
Lightbulb 
Support for advanced SSA/ASS subtitles have been requested before here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=6982

...but now just last week this patch was submitted to MPlayer:

Could this patch be ported and implemented into XBMC's DVDplayer subtitle reader?
...if so then this should at least enable basic SSA and ASS displaying in XBMC Huh

Any volunteers?
Hi.

I've been a long time user of XBMC, and a long time fansubber. The lack of very good support for SSA/ASS subtitles in XBMC never used to be a problem, but with the recent trend in fansubs to include a embedded subtitle file instead of hardcoded subtitles has changed the situation. I find myself watching shows on my computer instead of on my TV, just so I can have them in the right postions at the right scale, and sometimes in the right colors.

I would love it if XBMC would be able to support these subs better, as the other options are just so underwhelming after using XBMC as long as I have.

Thanks.
I would love improved ssa, ass support with xbmc! Smile I often find myself in this situation of having them and would really appreciate additional ability to see them styled the way that fansubbers intend.

Thanks so much!
If one of you could PM me with a location of where I can download an example clip with subtitles in this format, I would appreciate it.
@bmfrosty, merged your new thread into the existing one, here is no excuse for creating a new thread!
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
SSA/ASS subtitle support in XBMC DVDplayer suggestion

This patch was commited to MPlayer SVN earlier this year:

Could this patch (or rather the latest one from the MPlayer SVN) be ported and implemented into XBMC's DVDplayer subtitle reader? ...if so then this should at least enable basic SSA and ASS displaying in XBMC Huh

Any volunteers?
libass from player can certainly be used, and would probably be the best approach.

Great news.
I would also love SSA/ASS subtitle support in mplayer.
Do you think it's possible or does it involve big changes to xbmc version of mplayer?
doubt we should add it to mplayer, not that it isn't possible, but i'd rather have it added to dvdplayer.

I asked because i use xbmc mainly for anime and lots of it are in mkv with h264 and ass subs and they don't play very well in dvdplayer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced SSA and ASS subtitle support?1