• 210(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Hey, thanks so much for your reply. I'll try getting different roms, try using your settings and report my findings. Thanks again!
(2013-02-15, 00:15)bobneal81 Wrote: Hey, thanks so much for your reply. I'll try getting different roms, try using your settings and report my findings. Thanks again!

Curious, what ROM set were you trying to launch? What were the file types inside the .ZIPs?
Alienware X-51: 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD C drive, 12T RAID, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
MacPro 1,1, 2 x 2.66GHz Dual-Core Xeon, 12GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 1.5T 2nd HD, OS X 10.6.8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
Precision 7500: 2 x 2GHz, 30GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 2TB 2nd HD, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Confluence
Arcade Cabinet
I don't know if this has been covered, but I'm running XBMC on my Mac and installed RCB just fine. But I believe that when it wants me to tell it where the emulator is, it's only looking for .exe files. Obviously, on Macs, we don't use .exe. Is there something I need to do for it to find my .app files??
(2013-02-15, 00:02)Dondi Wrote: • Also under LAUNCH GAMES, I checked DO NOT EXTRACT ZIP FILES. .....

Oooops, that quoted instruction is wrong. I did just the opposite... I have that unchecked (DO NOT EXTRACT ZIP FILES)

When I select a game, it opens a RCB dialogue box to select either the .iso or the .cue. I select the .iso and it launches full-screen. RCB extracts the .iso to a temp directory:
[\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser\tmp]

Only one .iso is in there at a time no matter how many 3DO games you open and close

Sorry about the confusion

** The original post (Post: #3135) has been edited to reflect the settings that work for me
Alienware X-51: 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD C drive, 12T RAID, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
MacPro 1,1, 2 x 2.66GHz Dual-Core Xeon, 12GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 1.5T 2nd HD, OS X 10.6.8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
Precision 7500: 2 x 2GHz, 30GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 2TB 2nd HD, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Confluence
Arcade Cabinet
Dondi - Two things to report:

1) It appears I had all the settings correct, except emulator parameters. Your suggestion worked perfect!

--StartFullScreen -StartLoadFile="%rom%"

2) The game loading turned out to be an issue with the latest version of 4DO and once I reverted back to 1.3.2.0, everything worked great. I found this out on the 4DO forums:

"Cd Image Loading is broken in 1.3.2.1, probably because of the new extract feature, that's why people are getting error loading games, the error is probably related to iso/bin format/block (MODE1/2048), making the emulator not identifying the .bin file as a image from 3do cd. Stick to version 1.3.2.0 in the meanwhile, if your having troubles."

So, I'm all set for 3DO emulation, but Mame is still giving me trouble. May I ask what your parameters are for your Mame setup? Maybe that's my issue there as well.
Bobneal: try it with setting the Rom path in mame.ini and the path to the mame.ini in RCBs emu params.
Anyone try this with android? There is a bunch of rom emulators on that platform. I downloaded one but I haven't been able to locate the emulator executable on the filesystem.
(2013-02-15, 17:52)bobneal81 Wrote: So, I'm all set for 3DO emulation, but Mame is still giving me trouble. May I ask what your parameters are for your Mame setup? Maybe that's my issue there as well.

I am glad it's working for you!

I have no plans to bring MAME over to my XBMC unless Garbear or someone creates a screensaver mode for the new Retroplayer for the XBMC main fork. I built a custom arcade cab that I use for MAME, pins and just about everything. For practicality sake, I am only porting over the consoles to play on the living room XBMC. Not sure how much fun it is to play arcade games with the 360 controller.

I would only bring the MAME roms over to XBMC if I could choose an alternative screensaver to Dim and Artist Slideshow. I have this running on my arcade cab where the 3DArcade front end waits for a user-specified amount of time for no button presses/keystrokes and it will randomly launch a game from a pre-defined screensaver game list. I have mine populated with just the pinballs and the MAME roms. It's fun watching the attract modes from the old arcade roms instead of a lame screensaver.
Arcade Cabinet
(2013-02-15, 18:50)malte Wrote: Bobneal: try it with setting the Rom path in mame.ini and the path to the mame.ini in RCBs emu params.

Wow, that did it! I had to do was add the rompath to the mame.ini file and the following to the parameters:

-inipath "C:\mame" "%ROM%"

Thanks!

(2013-02-15, 20:16)Dondi Wrote: It's fun watching the attract modes from the old arcade roms instead of a lame screensaver.

Yeah, my cousin has something similar to that set up. It looks awesome!

Thanks again for your help.
Ok, I do need some guidance.

I got retroarch to launch snes9x core with the correct game and the EMU responds to the keyboard and I can exit using the escape key... cool!!
This commandline works and launches the ROM in a window: -L libretro-git-snes9x-next-x86_64.dll

What is the commandline switch for fullscreen? ... or do I need to create some kind of config file for each core?. I was assuming the -v switch should be inserted somewhere, but I have tried unsuccessfully in RCB

I noticed in retro-arch-phoenix.exe's log window that the commandline references a .cfg and the .cfg contains settings for fullscreen (see below) etc.

How can I get RetroArch to launch fullscreen?

Ok, progress.. I discovered that the F key will put RetroArch into fullscreen. How can I get RCB to pass that to RetroArch as a post launch keystroke?

EDIT I was able to get the issue below resolved. Ignore from here, down

Ok, I need some guidance. Malte, maybe I need your expertise on this. I am fiddling around with RetroArch on my test machine, but I am unable to get this to work natively. I am waaay unfamiliar with it, so it is probably something simple, I hope. Here is a log line of one of my tries with SNES on my test machine (Win 8):

RetroArch CMD: F:/Arcade/Emulators/RetroArch 0.9.8/retroarch.exe E:/Arcade Test/ROMs/Safe/Nintendo/Super Famicom & Super Entertainment System/Games/Mortal Kombat 3 (1995)(Acclaim - Midway - Sculptured Software - Williams)(EU)(en).zip -c F:/Arcade/Emulators/RetroArch 0.9.8/retroarch.cfg -v

I know in the commandline referenced elsewhere states that the -L switch instead of the -C switch should be used, but I have no idea where in the retroarch-phoenix front end that I can change that switch. I've downloaded several cores, updated the main core, etc. When I launch from retroarch-phoenix.exe, it goes fullscreen and is black. Doesn't respond to any keyboard commands and I end up having to CTRL+ALT+DEL to kill retroarch.exe

Here is my retoarch.cfg
video_driver = "d3d9"
audio_driver = "dsound"
libretro_path = "F:/Arcade/Emulators/RetroArch 0.9.8/libretro-089-bsnes-compat-x86_64.dll"
stdin_cmd_enable = "true"
system_directory = "F:/Arcade/Emulators/RetroArch 0.9.8/"
phoenix_last_rom = "E:/Arcade Test/ROMs/Safe/Nintendo/Super Famicom & Super Entertainment System/Games/Mortal Kombat 3 (1995)(Acclaim - Midway - Sculptured Software - Williams)(EU)(en).zip"
video_fullscreen = "true"
video_windowed_fullscreen = "true"
video_vsync = "false"
video_aspect_ratio = ""

I know this isn't RCB-specific, but the help for this for Windows is difficult to find using the retroarch-phoenix.exe front end. I usually like to get things going on my test machine before I try and implement on my XBMC. Once I get this going and get this over, I will populate RCB with the correct commandlines and test it out there.

Any ideas what I could try next, I'm out of ideas.
Arcade Cabinet
What method are you guys using to close emulators and return to XBMC? I'm using the Media Center remote to control XBMC and was thinking of programming one button as the "alt-F4" button, so it'll close any open emulator. I already have Mame set up so one of the buttons on my USB controller acts as "escape", but no other emulator I'm using has that ability.
(2013-02-16, 22:49)bobneal81 Wrote: What method are you guys using to close emulators and return to XBMC? I'm using the Media Center remote to control XBMC and was thinking of programming one button as the "alt-F4" button, so it'll close any open emulator. I already have Mame set up so one of the buttons on my USB controller acts as "escape", but no other emulator I'm using has that ability.

I am using the couch-friendly iPazz remote to get out of the EMUs... ALT+F4 :-)

FYI - Retoarch uses ESCAPE too. I am battling with that now
Arcade Cabinet
Ahhh, I was hoping to stay away from using a keyboard.
I understand, but the iPazz is a mini keyboard that's handy for XBMC (backlit, acts as an airmouse, cheap) and I was trying to stay away from installing a service or Joystick background app

Maybe you can follow my lead on RetroArch if I can figure out how to get it launch fullscreen
Arcade Cabinet
Does anyone know if I could avoid scanning ROM sets twice on 2 different xbmc clients? Since I am testing on my workstation, I was wondering if I do a complete import, scan & scrape and all goes well, if I could avoid doing another RCB scan on my main XBMC by simply copying over the ROMs, the .NFOs and the scraped art from the test workstation? Pathing would be similar, but different (same path hierarchy, just different local drive letter assignments). Anything else I could copy over to avoid a scan or anything else I should be aware of?
I am guessing I can simply IMPORT them as new roms sets and tell RCB to use local art at this point or..... copy the config.xml from my test machine and edit the paths in TextPad?

Still haven't figured out how to launch RetroArch in fullscreen yet
Arcade Cabinet
  • 210(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20