• 220(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
(2013-03-28, 19:38)malte Wrote: New test version available: 2.0.5

List of changes:

General
  • added RCB to new "Game Add-ons" category in RetroPlayer branch
  • use xbmcvfs for file operations (better smb support and other improvements)
  • explicitly check for unicode characters when creating config.xml

Launch Games
  • bugfix: launch game did not work from gameinfo screen
  • bugfix: issues with os.chdir in solo mode
  • always save viewstate before launching games

Most important change in this release is the switch to xbmcvfs for most file operations. This should help with some basic issues like smb support and has some other benefits. There have been a lot of changes in the code related to game import. I tested as much as possible but be aware of little hickups that I might have overseen.

I also provide a repo for RCB updates now. If you want to be up to date with RCB releases without monitoring this thread you can just grab and install the repo from here: link. I am new to this repo stuff but I hope everything works as expected.

BTW: I will be out of town over the weekend. Don't expect any responses before next week.

Previous version: 2.0.3

Thanks malte, installed the new version and repo!

Btw: did you see my message about the typo I found? Smile
Dondi, I don't know why you are keeping your roms in 7z.
7zip is great, but you have to wait for the rom to be extracted every time you play, it's not supported by any emulator and how much space are you saving, really? A few gb? For this hastle?
(2013-03-28, 21:34)sudopinion Wrote: Dondi, I don't know why you are keeping your roms in 7z.
7zip is great, but you have to wait for the rom to be extracted every time you play, it's not supported by any emulator and how much space are you saving, really? A few gb? For this hastle?

That's the way the ReDump set is packaged. Malte usually does the unpacking with the python library instead of me having to manually unzip. There are a couple hundred ROMs in the USA GameCube set (633, weighing in at 665GB), and a 1Gb .7z file unpacks to 1.5 Gb, so, yeah, there would be a lot saved. Also, my system drive is an SSD, and I prefer running the ROM from the SSD that malte unpacks to the temp directory. I try not to bastardize my ROM sets as much as possible and I try to leave them in the state that the set is originally sent out as; i.e., TruRips, No-Intros, ReDumps, GoodSets, TOSEC; they all package in various formats based on the intent of the sets. The GameCube Euro & JAP sets will be way over 1TB each, so as the more contemporary consoles are becoming available, the more space saved by keeping them in their archived format makes it easier to manage and saves on disk space. I love that malte packaged the python library for unzipping the archived ROMs on a per-game-basis, I just seem to have hit a memory limitation with this particular set. I have since manually unzipped this set, thinned it out and I am currently working with 538 ROMs weighing-in at over 775GB for the set.
Alienware X-51: 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD C drive, 12T RAID, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
MacPro 1,1, 2 x 2.66GHz Dual-Core Xeon, 12GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 1.5T 2nd HD, OS X 10.6.8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
Precision 7500: 2 x 2GHz, 30GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 2TB 2nd HD, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Confluence
Arcade Cabinet
Here are my updated RCB settings for those keeping score & since I just added GameCube running Dolphin:

RetroArch
Genesis = -f -D -L libretro-git-genplus-x86.dll "%ROM%"
Sega Master System = -f -D -L libretro-git-genplus-x86.dll "%ROM%"
SNES = -f -D -L libretro-git-snes9x-next-x86_64.dll "%ROM%"
Atari 2600 = -f -D -L libretro-git-stella-x86_64.dll "%ROM%"
GameBoy = -f -D -L libretro-git-gambatte-x86_64.dll "%ROM%"
GameBoy Color = -f -D -L libretro-git-gambatte-x86_64.dll "%ROM%"
GameBoy Advance = -f -D -L libretro-git-vba-x86_64.dll "%ROM%"
NES = -f -D -L libretro-git-bnes-x86_64.dll "%ROM%"

Project64 1.6

N64 = %rom%

4DO
3DO = --StartFullScreen -StartLoadFile="%rom%"

MESS
ColecoVision = coleco -cart "%ROM%" -skip_gameinfo -nowindow
Atari 5200 (currently not working) = a5200 -cart "%ROM%" -skip_gameinfo -nowindow
Atari 7800 = a7800 -cart "%ROM%" -skip_gameinfo -nowindow
Magnovox Odyssey2 = odyssey2 -cart "%ROM%" -skip_gameinfo -nowindow
Intellivision = intv -cart "%ROM%" -skip_gameinfo -nowindow

ePSXe
Playstation = -nogui -loadiso "%ROM%"

Kega Fusion
Sega 32X = "%ROM%" -fullscreen
Sega CD = "%ROM%" -fullscreen

Dolphin
Nintendo GameCube = /b --exec="%ROM%"
Alienware X-51: 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD C drive, 12T RAID, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
MacPro 1,1, 2 x 2.66GHz Dual-Core Xeon, 12GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 1.5T 2nd HD, OS X 10.6.8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
Precision 7500: 2 x 2GHz, 30GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 2TB 2nd HD, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Confluence
Arcade Cabinet
Hi!

First of all, I apologize if this question have already been answered, but as I'm not able to find the right words to explain the problem, nor I can use them to search...

Anyway, I've got a xbmc working in a Linux machine from scratch; that is, got no window manager and xbmc runs as the system starts, and it respawns if it gets killed.

I've been trying to set up RCB with some MAME games and they are correctly detected, but when I run any of them, the game stops loading right after it shows the message that is running in full screen. Logs shows no error.

If I try the solo mode, I get an error saying "ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 1100"

Any idea?
(2013-03-29, 10:24)Dondi Wrote: Here are my updated RCB settings for those keeping score & since I just added GameCube running Dolphin:

RetroArch

Project64 1.6

N64 = %rom%

4DO

MESS
Atari 5200 (currently not working) = a5200 -cart "%ROM%" -skip_gameinfo -nowindow

ePSXe

Kega Fusion

Dolphin

nice... do know what parameter is used on pcsx2?
(2013-03-29, 11:53)iceman600 Wrote:
(2013-03-29, 10:24)Dondi Wrote: Here are my updated RCB settings for those keeping score & since I just added GameCube running Dolphin:

RetroArch

Project64 1.6

N64 = %rom%

4DO

MESS

ePSXe

Kega Fusion

Dolphin

nice... do know what parameter is used on pcsx2?
This should help: http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=Main_Page
I've got this scenario:

several file roms from the same game but different version. For example:

file1: mygame (europe).zip
file2: mygame (usa).zip
file3: mygame (translate language x).zip

when I create a collection, RCB adds only one rom so I can't launch the others. Is there a way to have the three roms in the list?

Thanks.
(2013-03-29, 20:00)rantanplan Wrote: I've got this scenario:

several file roms from the same game but different version. For example:

when I create a collection, RCB adds only one rom so I can't launch the others. Is there a way to have the three roms in the list?

Thanks.

Do you actually need all 3 versions for playing? I, personally thin-out the ROMs I have on my machines by getting rid of the duplicate country/region versions and keep the preferred country version on the machine that plays the ROMs. I keep a copy of the complete master set on another drive
Arcade Cabinet
Here is a snippet I took from a forum discussing the differences between ROM sets for those not familiar with the various flavors of ROM sets. This may be helpful in deciding which set suits you best - each has their benefits and different missions. i.e., TruRip stays loyal to the media, not the emulation. A TOSEC set can have every variation/iteration/hack under the sun of a particular ROM. Hope the info below is helpful to some of you when deciding which set works for you

Comparison of ROMs
This is an incomprehensive list of several multi-system ROMs sets available and their pros and cons and shit.
- TOSEC
- GoodSets/GoodTools
- No-Intro
- Redump
- TruRip

TOSEC
TOSEC is a cataloging/naming system. Their mission is to identify and name all ROMS found in the wild, good dumps, bad dumps, over dumps, hacks, fakes, homebrews, ROMs with even the tiniest byte changed. For example the torrent "TOSEC (TOSEC 2012-12-28) Now Safe Update Pack", has 346 different versions of Super Mario World in it.

GoodSets/GoodTools
Maintained by Cowering, GoodSets are very similar to TOSEC but slighty more refined. They typically identify the following types dumps (the [ ] brackets and characters within are added to the name of the ROM):

Code:
[!] Verified good dump
[a] Alternative version
[b] Bad dump
[f] Fixed dump
[h] Hacked ROM
[o] Overdumped ROM
[p] Pirated version
[t] Trained version
[!p] Pending dump
Since they are just a cataloging/naming system and not a purification system like No-Intro, Redump, and Trurip; GoodSets contain all of the above types of dumps.

No-Intro
What No-Intro does is fill some DAT files, to be used with ROM managers, with information about the known ROMS released. Often there are more versions of the same ROM dump, but most of them are garbage, some examples may include: bad dumps, hacks, fakes, overdumps, underdumps, and so on. "No-Intro" lists only the best available ROM; it must be a full dump with no faults and no changes to the file, basically just the ROMS that are the closest as possible to the original licensed cartridges."

Redump
Similiar mission as No-Intro but only for optical media, also not quite as pure as Trurip: Redump.org is a disc preservation database and internet community dedicated to collecting precise and accurate information about every video game ever released on optical media of any system. The goal is to make blueprints of the data on console and PC game discs. Redump.org also provides guides to ensure the dumps are correctly done. Users of the website who follow the guides correctly are encouraged to share their results to help build the database. Multiple dumps of games with the same serial number by different people are collected to ensure the same results are gathered, which help correct any incorrect dumps in the database as well as to help recognize alternate versions of the same game.

Trurip
Trurip's mission is to have the purist most exact duplicate of the original media. In all forms; optical, magnetic, and cartridge. Now the statement of "the purist most exact duplicate of the original media" may sound very similiar to the goals of No-Intro, it is not. It is another level above that, meaning there are no added headers or tweaks to ensure the games run in emulators properly. Even trurip though can't make a exact duplicate yet in all cases, there are times that things such as the subcode are still missing. It is for sure though the purist of anything out there right now.
Arcade Cabinet
Does anyone on here play steam or origin games in solo mode and have it successfully closing and re-launching xbmc?
Hello,

i am getting this error:
EXCEPTION: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::executehttpapi(...) browser

im using newest openelec+ rcb 2.0 and 1.12
i also installed rcb service
i tried zsnes and snes9x

i found this solution:
http://www.corporate-sellout.com/index.p...bmc-frodo/

the problem is i do not have a resource folder in:
\Userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser

the folder only contains config.xml / settings.xml / mygames.db and 3 scrapeResult_....txt files

edit: openelec 3.0 has removed the http api! :/ any workaround ?
Running into this error:

Error while launching emulator: Empty string for float()|

pastebin log:
http://pastebin.com/mPBaV0XQ
e2zippo Wrote:Btw: did you see my message about the typo I found?
Yes, but I did forget to add it. Thanks for reminding me.

theopulus Wrote:I've been trying to set up RCB with some MAME games and they are correctly detected, but when I run any of them, the game stops loading right after it shows the message that is running in full screen. Logs shows no error.

If I try the solo mode, I get an error saying "ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 1100"

Any idea?
Solo mode will not work without an additional window manager. But lots of users also reported problems with launching games without solo mode (games not launching, sound issues, etc.).

The most reliable solution will be to use an additional window manager and launch games in solo mode. Here is a short explanation how somebody has done this with XBMCbuntu. But I never tried this myself and I don't know if this is adaptable for Openelec or other scenarios.

rantanplan Wrote:several file roms from the same game but different version. For example:

Atm only if you manually create correct nfo files for these games. I have in mind to add this feature in the future but I can't promise when and if I will have time to work on this.

Dondi Wrote:Here is a snippet I took from a forum discussing the differences between ROM sets for those not familiar with the various flavors of ROM sets.
Thanks. I guess I could use this as a reference one day.

oNcLe Wrote:i am getting this error:
EXCEPTION: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::executehttpapi(...) browser
openelec 3.0 has removed the http api! :/ any workaround ?
This error is normal. I implemented a workaround with early Frodo releases some time ago. RCB first tries httpapi and if this fails it uses json RPC. If you still have issues with launching roms it should not be related to this error. As I said above (in response to theopulus) this could be related to issues with launching games on Openelec or other "set-top" systems.

sudopinion Wrote:Running into this error:

Looks like you have not set Pre-Launch and/or Post-Launch delay in addon settings (although I was sure that it should use defaults if this is empty). As a workaround just make sure they are set in addon settings. I will also make sure that a valid default will be used. Thanks for reporting.
(2013-04-02, 09:05)malte Wrote:
sudopinion Wrote:Running into this error:

Looks like you have not set Pre-Launch and/or Post-Launch delay in addon settings (although I was sure that it should use defaults if this is empty). As a workaround just make sure they are set in addon settings. I will also make sure that a valid default will be used. Thanks for reporting.

Malte, I'm using 2.0.5
Added the following lines to the settings.xml and it works, but a cmd.exe window pops up when launching:
<setting id="rcb_prelaunchDelay" value="1000" />
<setting id="rcb_postlaunchDelay" value="1000" />
  • 220(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20