• 221(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
(2013-03-26, 13:46)malte Wrote:
altoiddealer Wrote:Im on RCB 2.0 now, so maybe I'll try going up to 2.0.3 and see what happens
I don't think anything has changed in this part of the code. But I will try to add some more debug info in the next release.

So I finally imported the MAME roms successfully Big Grin

I had both "Use folder name as CRC" AND "Use file name as CRC" enabled. The folder option was enabled by default, then I enabled the filename setting per the Wiki article~ I guess this doesn't work lol

The issue was resolved by disabling "Use folder name as CRC"

Thanks for the tech support, and for creating/maintaining this incredible add-on. I'm going to go see if you accept donations...
sudopinion Wrote:Added the following lines to the settings.xml and it works, but a cmd.exe window pops up when launching:
<setting id="rcb_prelaunchDelay" value="1000" />
<setting id="rcb_postlaunchDelay" value="1000" />
You had to manually set them in settings.xml? Didn't they show up in Addon settings/Launch Games?

altoiddealer Wrote:The issue was resolved by disabling "Use folder name as CRC"
Ah, thanks. I will update this in the wiki. Might be a bit confusing.

altoiddealer Wrote:I'm going to go see if you accept donations...
Accepted and received. Thanks Smile
(2013-03-23, 12:13)malte Wrote:
LAW-Mastermind Wrote:Debug log or regular log? If debug, RCB and XBMC debug?
Hmmm, I just checked my code and it seems that I don't log much in this part of the program. So, regular log will be enough. I will just see if there is an error and if the game is listed.

Dark_Slayer Wrote:It seems like a collaborative effort, but if there was a Emulator_Collection's_Console_Name (AddonLabel:Sega, AddonLabel:SNES, etc) that the skin devs could call, then the widget could be something like "ROMs by system" and would display a picture of each console or a simple text title
In my oppinion these are two different features.
1. store the viewstate (viewtype, filters, selected games, ...) per console (if a console is selected in the filters)
2. add a dashboard with console and/or developer/publisher information and some statisitcs (favorite games, last added, ...)

Both features should be added one day but don't have the highest prio atm. But the per console viewstate should not be much work and the dashboard is something that I really want to have myself.

Dondi Wrote:When deleting individual games from a set, the RCB UI bounces back to the first game in the list in the main UI. Gets annoying when sifting through, deleting a ROM from the middle of the list and then you get bounced back to the beginning. Any way to have the focus bounce to the next or previous ROM of the one deleted when you delete individual games?
I will try if this is possible. Added to the list.

mlte Wrote:By the way , is there any sort of possibility to enable some kind of XBMC overlay when running games? Similar to Games for Windows live , or the Menu on the Ps3.
Would be pretty damn awesome if that'd be possible haha , just dreaming though
Not in the current way when we launch external emulators. But something like this should be possibe with garbears emulator branch. There already was some discussion about retroarchs background shaders in the thread. Another option would be simple overlays that could be added by the skins when a game is launched.

mlte Wrote:hi guys, is it possible to play at 1080p?
i only get a small top left square playing. would be great, thank you.
Depends on the emulator. You have to tell your emulator to launch the game in fullscreen.

e2zippo Wrote:malte: did you get my pm?
Yes. Did you get my response? Smile
As written in the PM I did not yet find out why it mixes up the artwork types. I will try to dig into this.

mlte Wrote:before any more people get confused , mlte != malte , unfortunately we share the same sweet name irl ( i presume)
Smile I was a bit confused before I realized the absence of the "a".

i use ubuntu and nintendo64 emu, could you tell me where to "tell" emu please to play at 1080p?
i use mupen64plus

edit: nvm mate, i found it, thank you Smile

using fullscreen and 1080p now, it's great but all games flicker :|
(2013-03-29, 22:19)Dondi Wrote:
(2013-03-29, 20:00)rantanplan Wrote: I've got this scenario:

several file roms from the same game but different version. For example:

file1: mygame (europe).zip
file2: mygame (usa).zip
file3: mygame (translate language x).zip

when I create a collection, RCB adds only one rom so I can't launch the others. Is there a way to have the three roms in the list?

Thanks.

Do you actually need all 3 versions for playing? I, personally thin-out the ROMs I have on my machines by getting rid of the duplicate country/region versions and keep the preferred country version on the machine that plays the ROMs. I keep a copy of the complete master set on another drive

As this issue is keeping me from using RCB, the short answer is: YES, in some cases we DO need more than one version of the same game!
  • Games with both a fan translation and an official translation that is worth preserving
  • Games with more than one worthy fan translations
  • Hacked games
  • Games with the same title and no language barrier but that contain gameplay differences
For more information see my previous posts on this topic: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] and my proposed solution (at Malte's request): [6]

Patiently looking forward to a resolution. Angel
I am reasonably new to this ROM browser stuff. I have set up a genesis and n64 emulators, got all my roms sorted and scraped. But I am wondering how I can just use an xbox360 controller , or just a media center remote to get back to the rom collcectoin in xmbc and pick another game to launch?

thanks
(2013-04-03, 07:31)malte Wrote:
sudopinion Wrote:Added the following lines to the settings.xml and it works, but a cmd.exe window pops up when launching:
You had to manually set them in settings.xml? Didn't they show up in Addon settings/Launch Games?

Not only set the values, but add the lines. They do not appear and cannot be set through the gui as far as I can tell.
(2013-04-03, 17:18)nirok Wrote: I am reasonably new to this ROM browser stuff. I have set up a genesis and n64 emulators, got all my roms sorted and scraped. But I am wondering how I can just use an xbox360 controller , or just a media center remote to get back to the rom collcectoin in xmbc and pick another game to launch?

thanks

Some (but not many) emulators allow configuring the exit command, and you can set one that way. Otherwise, youll need to use a program to remap your inputs. I use xPadder to, for most emulators/games, convert pushing the right jotstick button to Alt+F4. Xpadder is also a great solution for games that do not recognize xbox360 input, to convert the buttons to keystrokes
Not Sure Wrote:For more information see my previous posts on this topic: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] and my proposed solution (at Malte's request): [6]

Patiently looking forward to a resolution.
You're not forgotten. Just needs some more time.

sudopinion Wrote:Not only set the values, but add the lines. They do not appear and cannot be set through the gui as far as I can tell.
Ah, of course. If the lines are not present you will also don't see anything in the UI (in case of settings.xml). Usually I thought XBMC should update the file when new settings are available. Did you backup and restore an old file? Anyway, I will also make sure that it does not fail when the settings are missing.
(2013-04-04, 06:12)altoiddealer Wrote:
(2013-04-03, 17:18)nirok Wrote: I am reasonably new to this ROM browser stuff. I have set up a genesis and n64 emulators, got all my roms sorted and scraped. But I am wondering how I can just use an xbox360 controller , or just a media center remote to get back to the rom collcectoin in xmbc and pick another game to launch?

thanks

Some (but not many) emulators allow configuring the exit command, and you can set one that way. Otherwise, youll need to use a program to remap your inputs. I use xPadder to, for most emulators/games, convert pushing the right jotstick button to Alt+F4. Xpadder is also a great solution for games that do not recognize xbox360 input, to convert the buttons to keystrokes

Great thanks, I will try that
Hi guys just registered today to ask you something...

I tried the add-on and it is amazing!
But like most configurations I had to run unto small issues. Ok it's not really that small since it bugs me.

I do not know if it's just me or the scraper API parsing has a problem.

I have a collection of windows games here and I added them as a rom collection using thegamesdb.net scraper only. Everything went fine (infos, boxfronts, fanart etc.) until some titles like Prince of Persia (2008) and Tomb Raider (2013) didn't get what it deserves from the riches beyond. Instead, respectively, it gets infos and artworks from Prince of Persia (1986) and Tomb Raider (1996).

I kinda figured it out that it has something to do with the filenames of the shortcuts. So I renamed them to "Prince of Persia (2008).lnk" and "Tomb Raider (2013).lnk", from "Prince of Persia.lnk" and "Tomb Raider.lnk", respectively.
Upon reimporting stuffs and doing the same things again, it still gets infos from the same old games.

Also, may I add that I also recreated the configurations and databases from the start, but still with no luck.

I tried using other provided online scrapers (mobygames, etc.) with no luck. Some gets the info right, but the box image and fanarts are still wrong.
I also tried the Interactive Select thingy, but it was useless.

It really bugs me, and I tried everything I could to make it work. To compare things, I tried testing thegamesdb.net's API manually and it gave the right information as it should.

Any of you guys can suggest me something? Or am I just missing some sacred technique here?

I really don't want to go back to Advanced Launcher, as creating those launchers one by one is a pain in the ass.
(2013-04-04, 07:31)malte Wrote:
sudopinion Wrote:Not only set the values, but add the lines. They do not appear and cannot be set through the gui as far as I can tell.
Ah, of course. If the lines are not present you will also don't see anything in the UI (in case of settings.xml). Usually I thought XBMC should update the file when new settings are available. Did you backup and restore an old file? Anyway, I will also make sure that it does not fail when the settings are missing.

Well, although it now works to launch games, the settings ui is now blank. This is what my program RoM-Jacket injects and configures:
Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="rcb_cachingOption" value="CACHEITEMANDNEXT" />
    <setting id="rcb_createNfoWhileScraping" value="true" />
    <setting id="rcb_enableFullReimport" value="false" />
    <setting id="rcb_escapeEmulatorCommand" value="false" />
    <setting id="rcb_favoritesSelected" value="0" />
    <setting id="rcb_fuzzyFactor" value="2" />
    <setting id="rcb_ignoreGamesWithoutArtwork" value="false" />
    <setting id="rcb_ignoreGamesWithoutDesc" value="false" />
    <setting id="rcb_launchOnStartup" value="false" />
    <setting id="rcb_logLevel" value="INFO" />
    <setting id="rcb_nfoFolder" value="" />
    <setting id="rcb_overwriteWithNullvalues" value="false" />
    <setting id="rcb_preventUnfilteredSearch" value="false" />
    <setting id="rcb_saveViewStateOnExit" value="true" />
    <setting id="rcb_saveViewStateOnLaunchEmu" value="true" />
    <setting id="rcb_scrapOnStartUP" value="[SOS]" />
    <setting id="rcb_scrapingMode" value="Automatic: Accurate" />
    <setting id="rcb_searchText" value="" />
    <setting id="rcb_showEntryAllChars" value="true" />
    <setting id="rcb_showEntryAllConsoles" value="true" />
    <setting id="rcb_showEntryAllGenres" value="true" />
    <setting id="rcb_showEntryAllPublisher" value="true" />
    <setting id="rcb_showEntryAllYears" value="true" />
    <setting id="rcb_showFavoriteStars" value="true" />
    <setting id="rcb_showImportOptions" value="true" />
    <setting id="rcb_skin" value="Night" />
    <setting id="rcb_useNfoFolder" value="" />
    <setting id="rcb_view_mode" value="58" />
</settings>
I've tried deleting and reinstalling but I can't get the settings to come up.
Can you post a proper settings.xml that I can use as a template?
I'm having some trouble with launching MAME roms via RCB... or with PC games, depending how you look at it

I was able to launch MAME roms successfully by changing my applaunch.bat to:

Code:
REM Is XBMC running?
taskkill /f /IM XBMC.exe
REM Wait for the kill
REM sleep
REM Launch app
cd /d %~dp1
%*
ping localhost -n 1 > nul
REM Done? Restart XBMC
explorer "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

I read this in a previous post and it worked for me. I think it changes how the emulator treats the rompath... without this it pops up an error "No roms found. Please check that the correct rompath is specified in mame.ini".

This change has not affected any other emulators. However, my PC games will not launch.

They are launched via a LaunchGame.bat file, with simply:
Code:
%*

Help please Smile Thanks!
Hoping someone can help me get my emulators running.

Rom collection is scraped (thanks malte!) running v2.0.5 from malte's add-on repo

I'm running XBMCBuntu v12.1.
I've added Hunterk's ppa (ppa:hunter-kaller/ppa) and installed retroarch (add-apt install retroarch)
I've also installed libretro-snes9xnext & libretro-bnes (per Dondi's listing of params) and they are located at /usr/lib/
My rom collection is setup as
Code:
Emulator CMD: /usr/bin/retroarch
Emulator Params: -f -L libretro-bsnes.so "%ROM%"

When I try to execute a game, XBMC shrinks to the top left corner of the screen, then goes back to fullscreen.

XBMC Debug Log from moment OK is pressed for rom: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9996

Would appreciate any & all help in getting this running. Thanks!
xbmchch Wrote:I tried using other provided online scrapers (mobygames, etc.) with no luck. Some gets the info right, but the box image and fanarts are still wrong.
I also tried the Interactive Select thingy, but it was useless.

It really bugs me, and I tried everything I could to make it work. To compare things, I tried testing thegamesdb.net's API manually and it gave the right information as it should.
Sorry, this is kind of a feature that now turns into a bug. RCB does some replacing of content in () and [] before searching games. I have to check how to solve this.

sudopinion Wrote:Can you post a proper settings.xml that I can use as a template?
No idea how you managed to do this. I tried to manually edit the settings file and removed these two settings. Every time I launch RCB XBMC adds these two line with default values.

You should always find the default version of the settings.xml in RCBs addon directory: C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser.dev\resources

altoiddealer Wrote:I was able to launch MAME roms successfully by changing my applaunch.bat to:
I read this in a previous post and it worked for me. I think it changes how the emulator treats the rompath... without this it pops up an error "No roms found. Please check that the correct rompath is specified in mame.ini".
What version of RCB are you using? The main change in your applaunch.bat is to change the directory before launching the emulator. In current release RCB should do this automatically. So I hope the change to the applaunch.bat is not necessary.

If this still does not work you could try to set the path to your roms in the mame.ini file and add the path to your mame.ini in your emu params like described here.

Zxurian Wrote:I'm running XBMCBuntu v12.1.
When I try to execute a game, XBMC shrinks to the top left corner of the screen, then goes back to fullscreen.
Did you try it with solo mode?
(2013-04-06, 10:51)malte Wrote:
altoiddealer Wrote:I was able to launch MAME roms successfully by changing my applaunch.bat to:
What version of RCB are you using? The main change in your applaunch.bat is to change the directory before launching the emulator. In current release RCB should do this automatically. So I hope the change to the applaunch.bat is not necessary.

If this still does not work you could try to set the path to your roms in the mame.ini file and add the path to your mame.ini in your emu params like described here.

Thanks malte. Im running 2.0.0 I tried upgrading to 2.0.3 last week, but it displayed an error that dependencies were not met? Im running xbmc 12.0 on win 7 x64. Do I need to uninstall the current version?

I actually have the inipath already specified in my launch command as
Code:
-inipath "D:/GAMES/MAME/" "%ROM%"
. In mame.ini, the rompath is "roms" and that is where I have them. If I launch mame, my roms are shown in the program's list. Without that extra code in the applaunch.bat, it pops the error "No roms found, please check mame.ini..." Its weird :/

Ill try upgrading to 2.0.5 and hopefully that works

*EDIT* Yeah, same error trying to install 2.0.5 Sad I used "Install from zip" in XBMC Add-Ons section. Here's my log http://pastebin.com/BTK4p961
  • 221(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20