• 230(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Hello all,

I need help again from UBUNTU users. I was able to install mednafen (after hours and hours of problems, I was finally able to install an emulator in UBUNTU terminal ... wow!). Anyway, the thing won't run from terminal (I have weird resolution problems in terminal), so I thought to give it a try from within XBMC (because the res is higher overthere).

Now for the NOOB question ... Mednafen is installed at USR/GAMES/mednafen. But when I want to configure this in XBMC, RCB only lets me select an emulator from /HOME/XBMC. I can't go to any other directory from XBMC. But how do you solve this? As ubuntu picks the install dirs itself for its software? Anyone?

Thanks,
Grave
I don't get this. I see mednafen install created a .mednafen folder in /home/xbmc. But I can't seem to see this folder in XBMC when trying to configure a emulator in RCB. Anyone?
One more question - is there a way to call the script so that it goes directly to a particular emulator? (I'd like to add sub-menu items to my main menu that do this, not sure how to do it.)
(2013-05-11, 08:21)st graveyard Wrote: Hello all,

Now for the NOOB question ... Mednafen is installed at USR/GAMES/mednafen. But when I want to configure this in XBMC, RCB only lets me select an emulator from /HOME/XBMC. I can't go to any other directory from XBMC. But how do you solve this? As ubuntu picks the install dirs itself for its software? Anyone?

When you select an emulator, you will first need to be in the root directory. You can find this by continuously selecting ".." which means to move up directory. Eventually there will be a /usr directory. Alternatively it might say something like Root Filesystem, that too will take you to root.

(2013-05-11, 14:27)st graveyard Wrote: I don't get this. I see mednafen install created a .mednafen folder in /home/xbmc. But I can't seem to see this folder in XBMC when trying to configure a emulator in RCB. Anyone?

Files and directories starting with a "." are hidden. The file you refer to is the configuration file, and not needed to create a collection within XBMC, per say. Instead you edit those files with an editor (I'd recommend Nano - type nano and then the file you wish to edit).
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"
(2013-05-12, 12:36)n1md4 Wrote:
(2013-05-11, 08:21)st graveyard Wrote: Hello all,

When you select an emulator, you will first need to be in the root directory. You can find this by continuously selecting ".." which means to move up directory. Eventually there will be a /usr directory. Alternatively it might say something like Root Filesystem, that too will take you to root.

(2013-05-11, 14:27)st graveyard Wrote: I don't get this. I see mednafen install created a .mednafen folder in /home/xbmc. But I can't seem to see this folder in XBMC when trying to configure a emulator in RCB. Anyone?

Files and directories starting with a "." are hidden. The file you refer to is the configuration file, and not needed to create a collection within XBMC, per say. Instead you edit those files with an editor (I'd recommend Nano - type nano and then the file you wish to edit).

Thanks for trying to help. But when I press '..' I don't go further up, I leave the config of RCB. I can't seem to get in the correct file structure. Also tried it with the XBMC filemanager, same story ... frustrating & weird ... I'm really starting to hate Ubuntu.
I also tried to find the XBMC directory (userdata/addons) in the terminal, so I could perhaps edit the config file of RCB with Nano command. But I can't find the dir in terminal. Read the WIKI, don't have the same xBMC structure as explained in the wiki.
Finally, I tried editing the config file on my win pc, then copying it using XBMC filemanager. But then I get the error in RCB 'can't read config file'.

I'm getting out of ideas here.

I've been working with RCB for 1.5 years now, everything is easy on a win based system, but ubuntu without GUI ... OMG ...
Ok, if there are UBUNTU users who are not able to get to the dir of their emulators in RCB, this is what you need to do.
It seems that you need to make the dir known in XBMC itself. I went to system --> filemanager (in XBMC) and added my "games" dir (USR/GAMES) as a new source in filemanager. Once you have done this, the dir is known in all other scripts and plugins in XBMC. I had no idea this had to be done, but now I was able to run a genesis rom in mednafen (no sound yet, but I'm back in the game!!).

Hope I saved other linux NOOBS some hassle with this!
[/quote]
Sounds like you are using the wrong disk indicator. How did you name your multi disc games? Maybe I can help to find the correct one. Here are also some examples of disk indicators.
[/quote]

The one that says "_Dis" is named "CHRONOCROSS Disc 1" ,and disc 2 is similarly named. The one that says "_Disk" is named "Final Fantasy IX_Disk 1" other discs are similarly named.
n1md4 Wrote:MAME
How to add MAME roms with offline game descriptions
I have successfully scraped a ROM, but don't have local artwork. Is there a Linux alternative to the packaged used to download art?

It's also not launching games, if some one can help me by checking the log it would be appreciated
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=17154
Make sure that you add your rom path to your mame.ini file and the path to your mame.ini should be included in RCBs emu params. Check Angelscrys guide for more info.

n1md4 Wrote:Additionally, I have just noticed that there are thousands of these (of different game names) is xbmc.log, and they're stopping me launching RCB. Is there a way to stop this behaviour?
May 9 01:12:06 tag_xbmc_log: 01:12:06 T:2780244800 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: searching for Key: buster
May 9 01:12:06 tag_xbmc_log: 01:12:06 T:2780244800 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: game Buster was found in parsed results but not in your rom collection.
This should only occure during game import. It is the nature of the offline file parser. It walks through the whole file from top to bottom and checks what games are present in your collection.

n1md4 Wrote:Scummvm
I would like to add my ScummVm ROM collection scraped with RCB, but have not been successful. Has any one done this?
http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?ti...mmVM#Linux
I did not yet do this myself. What are your problems?

n1md4 Wrote:Steam
Lastly, I have the Steam client working, but is there a way to launch Steam games, without the Steam UI?
Somebody mentioned that you could add your steam games by using a "*.url" file extension (see here). But I did not try this myself as I don't have any steam games. If you got this working it would be nice if you could post a more detailed instruction that I could add to the FAQ.

jmacdoug Wrote:What's the easiest way to re-import/scrape locally all of my games with nfo and artwork that has been acquired previously through a run with online scrapers in RCB?

My attempts so far have resulted in 0 games imported.
Usually you should just use the "local nfo" scraper and nothing else. Also make sure that your artwork is in the right place. If you try this and it does not work, please show me the xbmc.log file file of your attempt.

Necromancyr Wrote:I'm having some issues around videos - basically just getting a black area where the video should be. The files I have are just AVI (DivX5 video, MP3 audio) - not from emumovies i don't think.

Nothing seems to play. I have the autoplay setting on and still nothing. If I hit play on a game, it plays the video full screen and when I exit it continues to play on the browse screen, but it's all screwed up (no items selected, just the video showing, shifts back to start of the list, etc.)
What skin are you using? There are still issues with playing videos in Aeon Nox for example.

Necromancyr Wrote:(Unrelated - is there a way to use RCB with ScummVM? Turning up next to nothing in searches and it would be GREAT if it did work...)
See above. I did not try this myself. But if you expalin to me what does not work exactly I might be able to help. What is special about ScummVM that it does not work?

Necromancyr Wrote:One more question - is there a way to call the script so that it goes directly to a particular emulator? (I'd like to add sub-menu items to my main menu that do this, not sure how to do it.)
Sorry, not yet. I have in mind to add kind of a start page (dashboard) where you can jump to specific collections. But it is a long way to this feature.

st graveyard Wrote:Ok, if there are UBUNTU users who are not able to get to the dir of their emulators in RCB, this is what you need to do.
It seems that you need to make the dir known in XBMC itself. I went to system --> filemanager (in XBMC) and added my "games" dir (USR/GAMES) as a new source in filemanager. Once you have done this, the dir is known in all other scripts and plugins in XBMC. I had no idea this had to be done, but now I was able to run a genesis rom in mednafen (no sound yet, but I'm back in the game!!).

Hope I saved other linux NOOBS some hassle with this!
Glad that you solved it. This issue is not really linux related. It may occur on Windows too. I guess this may happen since Eden.

TheDoctorFrosty Wrote:The one that says "_Dis" is named "CHRONOCROSS Disc 1" ,and disc 2 is similarly named. The one that says "_Disk" is named "Final Fantasy IX_Disk 1" other discs are similarly named.
You should make sure that your disks are named the same way to make it easier (all "disc" or all "_Disk"). If you use "_Disk" your correct disk indicator should be "_Disk*." (without ""). If you use "disc" the correct one should be "disc*." (without "").
This has probably been answered but all my searches come up empty. I have two questions

1) WHen I launch Zsnes from Rom Collection, I have no sound in Zsnes unless I go in options, tick sound and untick sound. I know it's due to sound card sharing from the menu sounds being used in XBMC..but how can I correct this.

2) When using Solo mode is there any way to pretty the process up, IE not show the CMD window..etc..?
Malte - thanks for the reply. I think half my issues arose from Aeon Nox - the skin appears to not be working properly w/the latest version of this script. And for ScummVM I was just wondering if there was a quick plug and play way to get it working since there are no ROMs to speak of. No biggie either way - I can prob. figure out how to do it via a number of command line/direct game setups, just will be slower to do. Smile

One thing to confirm - if you rescan art, it only detects new items right? Or does it detect changes in art as well? (Because it doesn't seem to be detecting changed art for me - as in, once you have a snap you can't change it without deleting the game/collection.)
Does anyone know if, when using OSX, you can use rom collection manager to open a wineskin install of epsxe or something similar?
NewYears1978 Wrote:1) WHen I launch Zsnes from Rom Collection, I have no sound in Zsnes unless I go in options, tick sound and untick sound. I know it's due to sound card sharing from the menu sounds being used in XBMC..but how can I correct this.
Sorry, never had this issue myself. But I know it is discussed quite frequently. Maybe you should also search in the Windows or Linux specific areas of the forums. Some more general issues are also discussed over there.

NewYears1978 Wrote:2) When using Solo mode is there any way to pretty the process up, IE not show the CMD window..etc..?
No. Not that I know.

Necromancyr Wrote:One thing to confirm - if you rescan art, it only detects new items right? Or does it detect changes in art as well? (Because it doesn't seem to be detecting changed art for me - as in, once you have a snap you can't change it without deleting the game/collection.)
It depends. There is an option in Addon settings called Rescrape already imported games. If you do not enable this option RCB will ignore all games (and artwork) that are already in your database.

With two exceptions:
- if you use the "local artwork" scraper, RCB will ignore this setting and just searches for new files in your artwork folders for all games
- if you choose Rescrape Game/Selection from context menu, RCB will also ignore this setting

msarro Wrote:Does anyone know if, when using OSX, you can use rom collection manager to open a wineskin install of epsxe or something similar?
Sorry, me not.
Hello all,

Need some help from the ubuntu RCB guys here.
I was able to link Mednafen with RCB. I can start a genesis rom, I see it on screen (bit off center and no sound, but that is mednafen cfg stuff I guess) but the problem is that the focus seems to stay on XBMC. I mean, the game title screen is layered over XBMC, but when I press the buttons on the keyboard, or when I use the gamepad, I hear the cursos move in XBMC, but nothing in the actual game. Anyone else experienced this? I tried doing solo mode (although this only seems for Windows). I have the latest repo version of RCB, the last WIP build of mednafen and use AEON NOX skin.
Anyone any idea where I need to look?

Cheers.
Try launching the game in solo mode? That's an RCB config change.
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"
(2013-05-14, 15:14)n1md4 Wrote: Try launching the game in solo mode? That's an RCB config change.

I tried that ... didn't do anything for me Confused
  • 230(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20