• 364(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Hi Malte,

I have some emulators set up with bat files which I am trying to run with rom collection browser without any luck. 

I was a long time user of RCB till Dec 2017 whilst playing with Kodi 18 and finding out it did not work and it looked like it was abandoned I moved to Launch Box/Big Box, but after doing a search for adding widgets from launch box I found that you are continuing with RCB and also added a cool widget feature.

Now when I was using the old version of RCB I got the bat files to work by modifying the launcher.py with a little code from a user way back in 2013/14 which is below

elif (romCollection.name == 'Linux' or romCollection.name == 'Macintosh' or romCollection.name == 'Windows'):
                    cmd = replacePlaceholdersInParams(emuCommandLine, rom, romCollection, gameRow, escapeCmd)
                elif (emuCommandLine == ''):
                    cmd = emuParams.replace('%I%', str(fileindex))

else:
                    cmd = '\"' +emuCommandLine +'\" ' +emuParams.replace('%I%', str(fileindex))

the part in bold is what I added to get batch files working, now this was the only was I got it to work, adding explorer to the emulator command option did not work and neither did leaving it blank.

Now that I am using the new update, the one from the git, I see that the launcher.py code has changed and I can not seem to be able to add that code in anymore, so I would like to ask would it be possible to add his code into your code.

On a side note after doing a bit of digging in the logs on a game which does run you can see its in quotation marks

20:02:19.825 T:904   DEBUG: RCB_INFO cmd: call "D:\Emu\RetroArch\retroarch.exe" -L "D:\Emu\Retroarch\cores\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll" "D:\Emu\TurboCD\Games\Ai Chou Aniki.chd"

but with the batch file they are no quotation marks around it which makes me think that's why its not running.

20:00:05.853 T:904   DEBUG: RCB_INFO rom: D:\Emu\PS2\Buzz! The Hollywood Quiz.bat
20:00:05.853 T:904   DEBUG: RCB_INFO No precmd created.
20:00:05.853 T:904   DEBUG: RCB_INFO No postcmd created.
20:00:05.863 T:904   DEBUG: RCB_INFO cmd: call "" D:\Emu\PS2\Buzz! The Hollywood Quiz.bat
20:00:05.863 T:904   DEBUG: RCB_INFO precmd: call

Any idea why you can not run bat files and if not how can I add the code above which did seem to make it work to the launcher.py code.

Thanks again for a great addon and I look forward to using it again, especially the widgets.

Ok just a quick update, I found a workaround on running bat files, you have to use the Windows platform and scrape them offline, then you can edit your config.xml file to change the platform to the correct name.
Thanks for the report. I will look into this.

Can you tell me what emulators you run with bat files and why? Is this just personal preference or is it required by the emulators? Best would be if you could give me some concrete examples that I can use to reproduce this issue myself.
@malte  When you have some spare time, take a look at the pm I sent you a few weeks ago.

Thanks
Its more a personal preference, I use bat files with pcsx2 because I use different configs for certain games, also the same with demul where I use them to copy different configs to the main directory for the games.  On the previous builds I enter the code what another user shared and then the bat files did work.

my bat files are nothing fancy, just copying a file and running the emulator, they work when running from windows and also when I import them using the windows platform in RCB which I have just found out.

Would be nice to get it working but the workaround works just fine.

Thanks again malte for continuing the development of the addon and the widget support which is why I've come back to RCB.
(2018-09-06, 22:34)trihy Wrote: @malte  When you have some spare time, take a look at the pm I sent you a few weeks ago.

Thanks
I will do but atm I have not even spare time so it will take some more days/weeks until I can resume my work on RCB. But I hope I will be back soon.
Hi,

first post and at first thanks for this great addon @malte ! I'm using it since approx. 1-2 years now.

Today i wanted to rescape a gamecube collection, but nothing was found. Then i realized that "thegamesdb.net" changed their api, so i updated RCB addon (via. *zip) to version 2.2.3 - but the same issue. Now i tried the git-clone, but also nothing new can be found. The games which were already scraped before, show info and artwork, for new games i'm getting nothing. Kodi log gives me the following output:
Code:
10:17:10.867 T:140438543062784   ERROR: /var/lib/vdr/.kodi/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/nfowriter.py:158: FutureWarning: The behavior of this method will change in future versions.  Use specific 'len(elem)' or 'elem is not None' test instead.
                                              if existing_nfo:
10:17:10.868 T:140438543062784   ERROR: /var/lib/vdr/.kodi/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/nfowriter.py:128: FutureWarning: The behavior of this method will change in future versions.  Use specific 'len(elem)' or 'elem is not None' test instead.
                                              if existing_nfo and len(genreList) == 0:

Maybe someone has a hint, what i'm doing wrong with RCB. Kodi is in Version 17.6 (from 19.11.2017)

Thanks, ciax
Hi,

i tried to put images manually in the places (boxfront, fanart, catridge, .. ) and did a rescrape and that works - the nfo files get information inside. But i can't get artwork from remote sites (default "thegamesdb").

Concerning the ERROR message above: mabye this is related to the python package or any library on my system (it's Ubuntu 14.04) ?

Thanks, ciax
Thanks for the report. I will look into it as soon as I find the time.

About the error: I don't think this is relevant. As I understand it, it is just a warning that this code won't work in the future. If you upload the full log, I can have a look what is the problem.
@malte The upcoming wii u folder style fix should be useful for ps3 games too.

They are in folders too and cant find a way to properly scrape them. The executable is on a subfolder (ie GT4\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\) and rcb use subfolder name instead of game folder when choosing use folder name as game name.

Hope you can fix this when you have time. Ps3 and wii u emus are getting really good.
The vast majority of games in my libraries are named (file or folder or both) in the format:

Game Name (Region code in letters) [Symbol and letter indicating good/bad dump or hack].ExtensionIfNotFolder

The occasional 'good dump' symbol (an exclamation mark enclosed by square brackets) seems to throw a wrench in scraper detection the most often. Is there any way I can adjust RCB's scraper logic to ignore these when searching for game information or is it high time I reorganize/rename my entire library?
RCB ignores all text in brackets during scraping. So this should not be a problem. Can you show me a log file after you did a search with missing results?
(2018-10-08, 11:49)malte Wrote: RCB ignores all text in brackets during scraping. So this should not be a problem. Can you show me a log file after you did a search with missing results?
 Sure thing, malte: [link to my debug log removed, no longer needed]

Debug loglevel, I launch Kodi, open Rom Collection Browser, and immediately attempt to Import Games for my SNES rom collection. This is with 'rescrape already imported games' enabled, too. It seems to go through the motions of scraping data, but it does not download any content at all while doing that.
Ok, thanks.

There seem to be 2 issues:
1. In your log I can see that RCBs API key is marked as invalid. When I test it now the key seems to be ok again. Maybe this was a temporary issue.
2. I was wrong in my above post: RCB does not ignore text in brackets for thegamesdb. The old API of thegamesdb could handle this, so I only ignore it for mobygames and giantbomb.

I will try to create a new release ASAP that should fix the 2nd issue.
(2018-10-10, 11:43)malte Wrote: Ok, thanks.

There seem to be 2 issues:
1. In your log I can see that RCBs API key is marked as invalid. When I test it now the key seems to be ok again. Maybe this was a temporary issue.
2. I was wrong in my above post: RCB does not ignore text in brackets for thegamesdb. The old API of thegamesdb could handle this, so I only ignore it for mobygames and giantbomb.

I will try to create a new release ASAP that should fix the 2nd issue.
That is wonderful, I'm just happy I could help you find an issue! I look forward to trying out the updated release - and whenever you get to it, I'm in no hurry Cool
Hi, Malte

Don't know how to delete the post. Tried again and now it detected RetroPlayer. Sorry for the inconvenience, thank you for the add on.

I was trying to use your addon  (just upgraded to BETA2) and it complains about no config file. To create the config file, it demands to locate the emulators. I mean, it does not automatically discover there is RetroPlayer embbeded.

I was using 2.1.3, tried 2.1.5 and just discovered here version 2.2.3. After uninstall and reinstall, all versions have the same symtom: does not discover RetroPlayer installed. On RCB settings, Launch Games, there is no option "Use Retroplayer". I am very sorry if the solution is already on this thread, but I couldn't find it (maybe because there are 364 pages...).

RCB 2.2.3, RCB Service 1.0.1
Kodi 18.0-BETA2 - Retroplayer Nightly version Sep 15 2018.

I would appreciate any help.
  • 364(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20