• 371(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
My roms are on an external HDD and the drive letter from this HDD is Z. I gave it this static drive letter so I dont run in troubles if I have plugged in more than one external drives. So yes its displayed in windows explorer. And the rom paths must be correct otherwise I couldnt have imported them to my rom collection. I already cleared my rom collection and reimported everything. So there is actually no way that the rom paths are wrong. I think the issue is windows related because it just opens cmd for one second and I also get this weird xbox notification on my display if I start a game. I already wondered if there could be an issue with admin rights but the location where retroarch is installed it doesnt need admin rights.. strange thing. What windows do you use? Im using windows 10. This guy had the same problem as me unfortunatelly there is no helpful answer https://forums.libretro.com/t/retroarch-...kodi/14428
(2019-04-30, 17:57)Kupo91 Wrote: My roms are on an external HDD and the drive letter from this HDD is Z. I gave it this static drive letter so I dont run in troubles if I have plugged in more than one external drives. So yes its displayed in windows explorer. And the rom paths must be correct otherwise I couldnt have imported them to my rom collection. I already cleared my rom collection and reimported everything. So there is actually no way that the rom paths are wrong. I think the issue is windows related because it just opens cmd for one second and I also get this weird xbox notification on my display if I start a game. I already wondered if there could be an issue with admin rights but the location where retroarch is installed it doesnt need admin rights.. strange thing. What windows do you use? Im using windows 10. This guy had the same problem as me unfortunatelly there is no helpful answer https://forums.libretro.com/t/retroarch-...kodi/14428
Sorry I don't quite have the answer yet. But the fact you see the cmd window and the xbox icon tells me that retroarch is loading but quits right after. I would create a bat file. Just make a text doc and put this inside of it
"C:\Users\Jan\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\retroarch.exe" -fullscreen -L "C:\Users\Jan\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\cores\easyrpg_libretro.dll" "Z:\Spiele\Roms (Emulatoren)\EasyRPG\Roms\Vampires Dawn - Reign of Blood\RPG_RT.ini"
Change the .txt to .bat and run it. If the game starts then the code works. If not then it has something to do with this line of code. It could also be your antivirus software but I don't think that is the problem. I have a computer that is having problems starting the retroarch nes for some reason. So maybe fixing this problem will help me find your anser as well. Try removing the -fullscreen part of the code it is not needed. Good luck.
Hm no still only the cmd window and xbox icon Confused
(2019-04-30, 19:58)Kupo91 Wrote: Hm no still only the cmd window and xbox icon Confused

I fixed my problem by replacing the retroarch I was using with one that did work. Knowing me I most likely broke it myself. So after creating the bat file and running it. The game still did not work. I would redownload retroarch x64 bit and reinstall it and redownload the core file, test it and try the bat file again. Also check the bat file to make sure all the location are exact. Noting missing. Also it should not matter but I would try loading the game from close to the root folder for testing with no spaces. like this
"C:\Users\Jan\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\retroarch.exe" -L "C:\Users\Jan\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\cores\easyrpg_libretro.dll" "Z:\ROM\RPG_RT.ini"
or copy all close to the root. aka
"Z:\RetroArch\retroarch.exe" -L "Z:\RetroArch\cores\easyrpg_libretro.dll" "Z:\RetroArch\ROM\RPG_RT.ini"
So just create a RetroArch folder on the root of the Z: drive and put all the RetroArch files in there, Create a ROM folder and rename the rom to something simple and try again. keep it simple RetroArch will work from anywhere if started from command line.
So sorry I just tried it with easyrpg all the time and mednafen_psx_hw once or twice. The command you posted at the beginning is totaly fine.
Except easyrpg and reicast all libretro cores are working now.
(2019-05-01, 00:45)Kupo91 Wrote: So sorry I just tried it with easyrpg all the time and mednafen_psx_hw once or twice. The command you posted at the beginning is totaly fine.
Glad to here it is working now. Sorry I could not be more help. Have fun!
(2019-05-01, 04:54)Royusmc Wrote:
(2019-05-01, 00:45)Kupo91 Wrote: So sorry I just tried it with easyrpg all the time and mednafen_psx_hw once or twice. The command you posted at the beginning is totaly fine.

Just to give you a little extra feedback to this topic. I managed to fix that issue with easyrpg and reicast aswell. Someone gave me a hint I should use the cmd you gave to me, change the retroarch.exe to retroarch_debug.exe and add "-v". Runnig the new command showed me what went wrong. In the case of easyrpg the audio driver caused the issue. Changing xaudio to dsound or openal fixed it for me. And in the case of reicast I just forgot to place the bios into the right place  Smile
(2019-05-18, 23:03)Kupo91 Wrote:
(2019-05-01, 04:54)Royusmc Wrote:

Just to give you a little extra feedback to this topic. I managed to fix that issue with easyrpg and reicast aswell. Someone gave me a hint I should use the cmd you gave to me, change the retroarch.exe to retroarch_debug.exe and add "-v". Runnig the new command showed me what went wrong. In the case of easyrpg the audio driver caused the issue. Changing xaudio to dsound or openal fixed it for me. And in the case of reicast I just forgot to place the bios into the right place  Smile 

Thanks for the info. I only use emulators for systems I have. I don't have easyrpg or reicast so I did not know about those problems. But thanks.
* ADVERTORIAL REMOVED BY MODERATOR *

See our forum rules (wiki).
(2018-08-07, 06:46)malte Wrote: New test version available: 2.2.3

List of changes:

Import Games
  • implement new thegamesdb API
  • rename old thegamesdb scraper to legacy.thegamesdb.net

previous version: 2.2.2

This is just a quick update to provide support for the new thegamesdb API. Atm you have two options to scrape games from thegamesdb: "thegamesdb.net" and "legacy.thegamesdb.net". "thegamesdb.net" is the implementation of the new API and should be used as default. As there still might be small changes to the API that could break my scraper, I will keep the old API as a fallback option. So you can go back to the old API if you have issues with the new one. But keep in mind: the old API also uses an old database. All changes that are made on the website are only available with the new API. 
I'm getting the below:
Code:
2019-06-10 15:57:38.970 T:84700   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: cannot import name FileType
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Abba\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\dbUpLauncher.py", line 17, in <module>
                                                import dbupdate
                                              File "C:\Users\Abba\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\dbupdate.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                import helper
                                              File "C:\Users\Abba\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\helper.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                from config import FileType
                                            ImportError: cannot import name FileType
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
2019-06-10 15:57:38.986 T:84700   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker::onExecutionDone(45, C:\Users\Abba\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\dbUpLauncher.py)
2019-06-10 15:57:39.024 T:82412   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogNotification.xml) ------
2019-06-10 15:57:39.194 T:84700    INFO: Python interpreter stopped

Every time I try to startup and import?
I have the same error in the logfile as Abbaskip. And KODI reports an addon error when starting. No idea what to do.
Asrock J5040 powered by Ubuntu 23.10 and KODI
I'm trying to setup RCB on my system but, for some reason, it is not recognizing all the roms in the roms folder.

I believe it is only recognizing the first 96 games.

The weird part is if I delete the recognized 96 games from the folder, clean the database and tell RMC to import games, then RCB recognizes the following 96 games. This tells me that RMC is capable of reading my files.

I'm stuck and I don't know what to do next. I wanted to post my log, but the forum recommends to use paste.kodi.tv webpage. The problem is that such webpage gives me an error when I try to save the file.  
Any ideas on what should I try next?
(2019-06-20, 03:51)ragametal Wrote: I'm trying to setup RCB on my system but, for some reason, it is not recognizing all the roms in the roms folder.

The weird part is if I delete the recognized 96 games from the folder, clean the database and tell RMC to import games, then RCB recognizes the following 96 games. This tells me that RMC is capable of reading my files.

I'm stuck and I don't know what to do next. I wanted to post my log, but the forum recommends to use paste.kodi.tv webpage. The problem is that such webpage gives me an error when I try to save the file.  

Do you use version 2.2.3 ?
I use this for logfiles https://paste.ubuntu.com/
(2019-06-20, 22:34)Kupo91 Wrote:
(2019-06-20, 03:51)ragametal Wrote: I'm trying to setup RCB on my system but, for some reason, it is not recognizing all the roms in the roms folder.

Yes, I'm currently using version 2.2.3

Thanks for the link for paste.ubuntu.com. The following is the link for my blog
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/WcRSkNcKKX/

I hope this helps identify what is the issue that I'm having.
Thanks for the help
(2019-06-21, 03:30)ragametal Wrote:
(2019-06-20, 22:34)Kupo91 Wrote:

Yes, I'm currently using version 2.2.3

Thanks for the link for paste.ubuntu.com. The following is the link for my blog
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/WcRSkNcKKX/

I hope this helps identify what is the issue that I'm having.
Thanks for the help 

I found a solution to the problem I was having. Turns out it was a setting.

With the rom collection open, I went to "Edit rom collection". In there, there is a setting called "Max folder depth" which was set to 99 for some reason (maybe 99 is the default?). The problem was solved by changing this to a bigger value (i.e. 1000).

Now RCB is working flawlessly. 

I hope this helps anybody having this issue.
  • 371(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20