• 385(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
(2020-05-24, 01:19)juniors.paulo Wrote: @malte, is it possible to create a menu (shortcut) on the home screen to start each AEL emulator straight?
You mean Kodis home screen or RCBs home screen?

If Kodis home screen, there is the RCB Widget. Your skin needs to support the skin shortcuts addon.

If RCBs home screen, this is not possible atm. It is planned for future releases to add a console view where you can browse your collection by console but this will need some time until this is done.
@malte I think there is a typo on platform selection.

It says ZX Specr instead of ZX Spectrum
(2020-05-24, 08:52)malte Wrote:
(2020-05-24, 01:19)juniors.paulo Wrote: Tks : )@malte, is it possible to create a menu (shortcut) on the home screen to start each AEL emulator straight?
You mean Kodis home screen or RCBs home screen?

If Kodis home screen, there is the RCB Widget. Your skin needs to support the skin shortcuts addon.

If RCBs home screen, this is not possible atm. It is planned for future releases to add a console view where you can browse your collection by console but this will need some time until this is done. 
Tks : )
@malte . I added the Naomi Platform in (OTHERS), all the media paths worked but the NFO is only with the name of the rom, the other information does not appear, I created the xml file with all the information and none of them appears, I already deleted the Empty NFOs and redid the whole process and I was unsuccessful. I have 10 systems working except the one I created. I am using roms in .bin format. I have already reinstalled even the kodi and updated the addon to the latest version. I don't know how I can add Naomi, help me because I'm going crazy, I still have Atomiswave to do the same process. Dreamcast worked perfectly. The question is how do I create another Platform to accept my XML?

Sorry my bad and confused english
I tried the same with atomiswave. But no luck. Used billyc999 atomiswave xml file. But games names are just filename and there is no developer, genre or any other info.

Maybe rcb is not importing anymore billyc999 files?

Used gamedatabase info as scraper, selected xml file. BTW atomiswave is not on rcb list, just selected other platform.

Thanks

Also, I have model 2 on rcb with the proper billyc99 names and game info imported. But those were created a few years ago. So, choosing other platform worked somehow on older builds.
(2020-05-27, 00:10)juniors.paulo Wrote: I got it, it was information exchanged inside XMLSmile@malte . I added the Naomi Platform in (OTHERS), all the media paths worked but the NFO is only with the name of the rom, the other information does not appear, I created the xml file with all the information and none of them appears, I already deleted the Empty NFOs and redid the whole process and I was unsuccessful. I have 10 systems working except the one I created. I am using roms in .bin format. I have already reinstalled even the kodi and updated the addon to the latest version. I don't know how I can add Naomi, help me because I'm going crazy, I still have Atomiswave to do the same process. Dreamcast worked perfectly. The question is how do I create another Platform to accept my XML?

ImageImageImage
I got it, it was information exchanged inside XMLSmile
(2020-05-27, 02:12)juniors.paulo Wrote:
(2020-05-27, 00:10)juniors.paulo Wrote: I got it, it was information exchanged inside XMLSmile@malte . I added the Naomi Platform in (OTHERS), all the media paths worked but the NFO is only with the name of the rom, the other information does not appear, I created the xml file with all the information and none of them appears, I already deleted the Empty NFOs and redid the whole process and I was unsuccessful. I have 10 systems working except the one I created. I am using roms in .bin format. I have already reinstalled even the kodi and updated the addon to the latest version. I don't know how I can add Naomi, help me because I'm going crazy, I still have Atomiswave to do the same process. Dreamcast worked perfectly. The question is how do I create another Platform to accept my XML?

I got it, it was information exchanged inside XMLSmile 

Hi. Can you share the naomi xml file? Thanks.
@malte @trihy I finished the Billyc999 XML exporter. In order to use it install AML development version (see AML thread for instructions). You will need to download genre.ini from AntoPISA and nplayers.ini. Configure AML but only set the ROM path (it can be an empty path) and the DAT/INI path. Generate the databases with the Build all context menu command and then you can use the exporter which is in the Utilities menu.

If you want to change the MAME version of the INI files then you must rebuild the databases again and then execute the exported.

This is an example of the XML generated:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<menu>
  <header>
    <listname>Exported by Advanced MAME Launcher</listname>
    <lastlistupdate>Wed  27 May 2020  13:15:00</lastlistupdate>
    <listversion>219500</listversion>
    <exporterversion>MAME 219500</exporterversion>
  </header>
  <game name="005">
    <description>005</description>
    <year>1981</year>
    <rating>ESRB - E (Everyone)</rating>
    <manufacturer>Sega</manufacturer>
    <dev />
    <genre>Maze</genre>
    <score />
    <player>2P alt</player>
    <story>Controls Joy
One raster vertical screen
Non-mechanical / Driver is segag80r.cpp
Machine has 2 coin slots
History, Info</story>
    <enabled>Yes</enabled>
    <crc />
    <cloneof />
  </game>
  <game name="10yard">
    <description>10-Yard Fight (World, set 1)</description>
    <year>1983</year>
    <manufacturer>Irem</manufacturer>
    <dev />
    <genre>Sports</genre>
    <score />
    <player>2P alt</player>
    <story>Controls Joy
One raster horizontal screen
Non-mechanical / Driver is m58.cpp
Machine has 2 coin slots
History, Info</story>
    <enabled>Yes</enabled>
    <crc />
    <cloneof />
  </game>
  <game name="10yard85">
    <description>10-Yard Fight &apos;85 (US, Taito license)</description>
    <year>1985</year>
    <manufacturer>Irem (Taito license)</manufacturer>
    <dev />
    <genre>Sports</genre>
    <score />
    <player>2P alt</player>
    <story>Controls Joy
One raster horizontal screen
Non-mechanical / Driver is m58.cpp
Machine has 2 coin slots
History</story>
    <enabled>Yes</enabled>
    <crc />
    <cloneof>10yard</cloneof>
  </game>
</menu>
(2020-05-27, 06:23)Wintermute0110 Wrote: @malte @trihy I finished the Billyc999 XML exporter. In order to use it install AML development version (see AML thread for instructions). You will need to download genre.ini from AntoPISA and nplayers.ini. Configure AML but only set the ROM path (it can be an empty path) and the DAT/INI path. Generate the databases with the Build all context menu command and then you can use the exporter which is in the Utilities menu.

Thanks! I will test and report back.
@malte I can play with my control directly on Retroarch, but when Retroarch starts through the Rom Collection Browser the control no longer works, it is as if the control settings inside the retroarch were not loaded, how can I solve this?
@malte  PS3 games have the same problem than wii u ones.

They are folder games, no way RCB scrap them correctly.

All they have the same name exe, eboot.bin.

And always is located in this folder ie, GAMENAME\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.bin
(2020-06-03, 14:37)juniors.paulo Wrote: @malte I can play with my control directly on Retroarch, but when Retroarch starts through the Rom Collection Browser the control no longer works, it is as if the control settings inside the retroarch were not loaded, how can I solve this?
Usually this should work. Are you using a special config file?
You can add --config "/path/to/your/config.cfg" to your command line options. This should make sure that retroarch always uses the correct config file.

(2020-06-04, 04:46)trihy Wrote: @malte PS3 games have the same problem than wii u ones.

They are folder games, no way RCB scrap them correctly.

All they have the same name exe, eboot.bin.

And always is located in this folder ie, GAMENAME\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.bin
This issue is already addressed: 424.
But atm I have no time to work on RCB. Hopefully I can resume my work soon.
Hello. I'm trying to get RCB running but something's preventing the plugin from creating and writing in config.xml.  After creating it manually RCB launches but still cant change any settings without an error. I was trying to search through this thread but couldn't find a similar problem. Sorry if it's a known bug! Cheers
Some more details:
I'm running Kodi 18.7 x64 on Windows 10
RCB saves it's program settings but can't create config.xml
Can't scrape, add or remove rom collections
Plugin creates subfolders for rom artwork just fine
Tried running Kodi as admin, no success.
Have you tried the one on kodi repository?

And the one from github?

Maybe one works better for you. Also rcb installs a lot of dependencies. Check they are installed while rcb installs.
  • 385(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20