• 392(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
(2021-05-18, 12:38)malte Wrote:
(2021-05-17, 23:00)Kupo91 Wrote: Ok, I changed to Estuary but still couldn't find it. Then I tried on my Windows pc and here it is. Is it maybe Windows only? I'm running Lubuntu on my TV box with the latest kodi build
The vfs addons are also available for Linux but it depends on the distribution if they are pre-installed or not. You could try to install "kodi-vfs-libarchive" via apt-get ot the package manager that is available on your system.

Ok, got it, thanks Smile
(2021-05-18, 17:02)Kupo91 Wrote: Ok, got it, thanks Smile
Thanks for testing. I thought this would work more "out of the box". Maybe I have to change the way how these libs are included in RCB.
(2021-02-15, 20:13)trihy Wrote: Video playback broken on Matrix RC is a skin problem.

Here is the fixed skins folder for RCB.

Just go to AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\skins

And replace with this ones.

https://filebin.net/fclda9vv124xd1k6/SkinsFixAll.rar
This is now fixed on Github master. Thanks!
So I finally got RCB setup on my x86 LibreElec box and a few ROMs scrapped. Only problem is when clicking a game it doesn't launch the installed emulator in RetroPlayer. I saw someone else with a similar issue but no concise solution. I have the game client set for the correct emulator in each emulator config and the ROMs play fine from the Kodi file manager. Also trying to set the game client for each game gives an error, "Edit Game Command Error: Can't load selected Game" I'm using mGBA, Snes9x, Genesis Plus GX and Beetle PSX core emulators. Log file below.

LibreELECx86_Kodiv19.1 Log
Yea I just noticed this too on my system. After updating it doesn't launch games anymore.
There are some errors in my logfile

python:

2021-05-23 13:32:26.035 T:2355    ERROR <general>: Traceback (most recent call last):

2021-05-23 13:32:26.035 T:2355    ERROR <general>:
2021-05-23 13:32:26.035 T:2355    ERROR <general>:   File "/home/jan/.kodi/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/launcher/base_launcher.py", line 51, in launch_game
                                                       precmd, postcmd, cmd, roms = launcher.prepare(self.romCollection, self.gameRow)

2021-05-23 13:32:26.035 T:2355    ERROR <general>:   File "/home/jan/.kodi/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/launcher/base_launcher.py", line 147, in prepare
                                                       precmd, postcmd, cmd = self.build_cmd(romCollection, gameRow, roms, emuParams, part_to_repeat_in_emuparams)

2021-05-23 13:32:26.035 T:2355    ERROR <general>:   File "/home/jan/.kodi/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/launcher/cmd_launcher.py", line 115, in build_cmd
                                                       return  precmd, postcmd, cmd

2021-05-23 13:32:26.035 T:2355    ERROR <general>: UnboundLocalError: local variable 'precmd' referenced before assignment

2021-05-23 13:32:26.035 T:2355    DEBUG <general>: RCB_INFO End launchEmu

full log: https://paste.kodi.tv/bononadogi.kodi
I can reproduce these errors. I changed the way how archived files are handled but I forgot to test with uncompressed files Angel
Hi. Just reporting a bug.

Hit start on xbox 360 controller on a game, rcb will close and you will be back on kodi ui, launch rcb again and will open with control id error or reverting back to default view by itself.
(2021-05-28, 17:22)malte Wrote: I can reproduce these errors. I changed the way how archived files are handled but I forgot to test with uncompressed files Angel

I'm with the same problem but on Android (tvbox), the Roms don't work in zip format or in other formats, it used to work in Kodi Leia in Retroarch or RetroPlayer.
(2021-05-28, 17:22)malte Wrote: I can reproduce these errors. I changed the way how archived files are handled but I forgot to test with uncompressed files Angel

Can you fix it?
(2021-06-12, 11:04)Kupo91 Wrote:

Can you fix it?
Yes, I hope so. Atm I am quite busy and there is little time for RCB development. But I hope this will change in a few days.
Is there a way to start RCB on a specific collection?  I noticed some mention of it some time back in the comments, but not sure if ever taken care of.  I would like to have several instances of RCB set up that would each open onto their own collections: ie(N64, SNES, Dreamcast, etc)
Hi, I updated to Matrix and installed RCB for this version but I'm having trouble launching some games.  They are working fine using retroplayer outside of RCB.   Seems to be that some systems are working but others aren't.  I also noticed that when i clean the database in RCB, games located on network storage disappear.  I've tried re-setting everything up with games located locally and games located on network storage, either way the games won't launch in RCB.  Any help would be appreciated.  Love RCB.  

https://paste.kodi.tv/ufadakehog.kodi
Hi. I tried to replace some clearlogos that didnt like and seems RCB is still using the old one. Even it's not on the disk anymore, was deleted but somehow RCB keeps using it. There is a way to update this? Tried re scan artwork, delete collection only deleting games, and rescan, but still using the old clearlogo images.
(2021-07-24, 19:44)trihy Wrote: Hi. I tried to replace some clearlogos that didnt like and seems RCB is still using the old one. Even it's not on the disk anymore, was deleted but somehow RCB keeps using it. There is a way to update this? Tried re scan artwork, delete collection only deleting games, and rescan, but still using the old clearlogo images.

I also had this issue in the past. Not specifically with clear logos, but with front covers and screenshots. There must be something like an internal cache in kodi. Usually the artwork get updated after some days
Hi. Yes, seems some kind of cache. Not sure where. I could try to delete some files but will wait some days.
  • 392(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20