• 152(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
I'm afraid thats it. Maybe rename disk1, no need to delete itSmile

It should be quite easy to implement a little dialog that asks for the disk to launch. I will see if I can add it with little effort.
(2012-05-06, 23:11)malte Wrote: I'm afraid thats it. Maybe rename disk1, no need to delete itSmile

It should be quite easy to implement a little dialog that asks for the disk to launch. I will see if I can add it with little effort.

not a big deal.. would be nice though

(great app btw, you are the man)
Hey Malte,

I noticed yesterday that RCB and XMBC are supported at the EMUMOVIES website. How cool, he. This tool is getting bigger and bigger every day.
(2012-05-07, 09:02)st graveyard Wrote: Hey Malte,

I noticed yesterday that RCB and XMBC are supported at the EMUMOVIES website. How cool, he. This tool is getting bigger and bigger every day.
Yeah Big Grin. They told me some weeks ago that they did but I forgot to mention it here. Thanks for bringing it upSmile

Whilst I am in "news-that-I-forgot-mode": Any users that want to have RCB support in german language can now go to XBMCNerds.com. I started a thread over there some time ago. Even if not, the site is worth visiting if you want to talk about XBMC in german language.
Hi malte,

I've been using RCB in the last weeks and have 24 game collections working without many problems to figure how to make them work except my biggest collection, ZX Spectrum. I have all artwork in my hardrive so the main goal its import locally.

Like I said, I think that will not be an easy task (extensions like .tzx.zip or .tap.zip, game names that don't match entirely with artwork names, etc) so I tried to start with a simple configuration. I chosed 4 games and extracted them from the zip:
1942.tzx
1943.tzx
1999.tap
La Abadia Del Crimen.tap

1st: I created a Scraper with the files parserConfig.xml and Spectrum.txt downloaded from the Wiki and chosed the option "Use filename as CRC" and got no results from the import.
2nd: I created a parser.xml file and a Spectrum2.txt from your exemples in the Wiki (changing the Game: and Platform: values in the description text file and chosed the option "Use filename as CRC" and got no results from the import.
3rd: I created a Scraper with the files parserConfig.xml and Spectrum.txt downloaded from the Wiki and chosed the option "Search game by CRC" and I had the 4 games imported with the artwork. The problem its that most of my games CRC don't match with the CRC from the Spectrum.txt.

It's the option "Use filename as CRC" working or I misunderstood how it should work ?

Here's the log of the my 1st try:

16:43:46 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: init ContextMenu
16:43:46 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onInit ContextMenu
16:43:48 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin updateDB
16:43:48 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin clearCache
16:43:48 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End clearCache
16:43:48 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: init ImportOptions
16:43:48 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onInit ImportOptions
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Selected scraping mode: 0
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Start Update DB
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Iterating Rom Collections
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: current Rom Collection: ZX Spectr
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: ignoreOnScan: False
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: update is allowed for current rom collection: True
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: max folder depth: 99
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Rom path: ['C:\\Documents and Settings\\XBMC\\Ambiente de trabalho\\Spectrum\\Rom\\*.tzx', 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\XBMC\\Ambiente de trabalho\\Spectrum\\Rom\\*.tap']
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Reading rom files
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: walkDownPath romPath: C:\Documents and Settings\XBMC\Ambiente de trabalho\Spectrum\Rom\*.tzx
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: dirname: C:\Documents and Settings\XBMC\Ambiente de trabalho\Spectrum\Rom
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: basename: *.tzx
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: checking sub directories
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: walkDownPath romPath: C:\Documents and Settings\XBMC\Ambiente de trabalho\Spectrum\Rom\*.tap
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: dirname: C:\Documents and Settings\XBMC\Ambiente de trabalho\Spectrum\Rom
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: basename: *.tap
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: checking sub directories
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Files read: [u'C:\\Documents and Settings\\XBMC\\Ambiente de trabalho\\Spectrum\\Rom\\1942.tzx', u'C:\\Documents and Settings\\XBMC\\Ambiente de trabalho\\Spectrum\\Rom\\1943.tzx', u'C:\\Documents and Settings\\XBMC\\Ambiente de trabalho\\Spectrum\\Rom\\1999.tap', u'C:\\Documents and Settings\\XBMC\\Ambiente de trabalho\\Spectrum\\Rom\\La Abadia Del Crimen.tap']
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Start building file dict
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: current rom file: C:\Documents and Settings\XBMC\Ambiente de trabalho\Spectrum\Rom\1942.tzx
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: gamename (file): 1942.tzx
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: gamename (friendly): 1942
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: current rom file: C:\Documents and Settings\XBMC\Ambiente de trabalho\Spectrum\Rom\1943.tzx
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: gamename (file): 1943.tzx
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: gamename (friendly): 1943
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: current rom file: C:\Documents and Settings\XBMC\Ambiente de trabalho\Spectrum\Rom\1999.tap
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: gamename (file): 1999.tap
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: gamename (friendly): 1999
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: current rom file: C:\Documents and Settings\XBMC\Ambiente de trabalho\Spectrum\Rom\La Abadia Del Crimen.tap
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: gamename (file): La Abadia Del Crimen.tap
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: gamename (friendly): La Abadia Del Crimen
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: start parsing with multi game scraper: ZX Spectr
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: using parser file: C:\Documents and Settings\XBMC\Ambiente de trabalho\Spectrum\Info\parserConfig.xml
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: using game description: C:\Documents and Settings\XBMC\Ambiente de trabalho\Spectrum\Info\Spectrum.txt
16:43:54 T:344 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Documents and Settings\XBMC\Application Data\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: searching for Key: 8ac1763c
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: game 1942 was found in parsed results but not in your rom collection.
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: searching for Key: c97f9144
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: searching for Key: 88493f15
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: game 1943 - The Battle of Midway was found in parsed results but not in your rom collection.
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: searching for Key: dd38c276
16:43:54 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: game 1999 was found in parsed results but not in your rom collection.
16:43:56 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: searching for Key: 7bd1ab11
16:43:56 T:1844 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: game Abadia del Crimen was found in parsed results but not in your rom collection.

I may give you the other if you want but the massege its getting long Smile

Thanks for any help
Hi all,

I finally started to use the Rom collection browser this week-end. After installing the 1.0.2 and setting up the configuration, i started to upload the info and artwork for my roms collection.

Some remarks :
- The local scraper configuration is not working for me. When i use the "Add scraper" action, i can select the data file, but then nothing. Nothing in the log also.
- Due the the size of my ROM collection (i guess), the scraping phase sometimes hangs and i need to restart XBMC - not a big issue anyway. After XBMC restart, i launch again the scraping to finish the current rom set : i notice that even if there are some local NFOs available (and using it with "local NFO" as first scraper), the script is still trying to download data from websites.
- With large ROM collection (> 1500 up to nonw ans still growing), the loading is very slow. I understand that the script is getting a ROM from the database, updating the display, then getting the next one. Why not loading all the list in memory (maye be with a "Waiting..." dialog), then updating the display at once ?

Anyway, this addons is great, and the resulting interface is nice and impressive. Thanks for the job !

Rgds
Hey Everybody,
Weird error here. I successfully added one collection of Roms, but now when I try to add another (or change the first for that matter) the browser doesn't let me get out of one directory (my movie directory actually). It won't let me move upwards from that directory and there are certainly no roms in there Wink what do I do?
(2012-05-01, 10:54)malte Wrote: [quote=jelly]
There's a post here http://www.snes9x.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5311 about this but im not sure what to do with-

open -a /Applications/Snes9x.app /path/game.smc
Quote:You can try to launch a game with this command in a command shell. Not sure how to do this on Mac but I am sure there is one available. When you opened the shell just enter the command with the correct parameters and see if it works. You don't really need this step, it is just to clarify if it works in general before you start messing around with RCB.
Quote:If this works you can try to do the same thing from RCB. In this case I guess you need to use "open" as emulator cmd and -a /Applications/Snes9x.app "%ROM%" as emulator params.

I can only select already existing files in the emulator cmd. How can I use "open" as the emulator cmd?

I am having alot of problems with Rom collection manger, non of my psx emulators work althought they do work though advanced launcher and my games never stay listed they just disapear.
Hi all,

Firstly, I want to say thank you for a fantastic addon! I like RCB, and I want to make it work...I'm extremely close, but I'm having a bit of an issue.

I NEED to be able to run emulators in Solo Mode. My old compy is good for being nearly 8years old, but its having a little trouble running ZSNES alongside XBMC. Runs them fine separately though, and that's why I need solo mode.

I'm using XBMCbuntu, and booting to the XBMC only session. I have tried everything I can think of to get this to going, but nothin doin. I know the problem is I need a window manager to handle the emulators, and I've tried invoking Openbox and fluxbox to do this, but I can't get a go out of 'em.

I've made several scripts to try and make this a go, but nothings working. I get the same sort of booger...the emulator may or may not start, and if it does it only stays up for a moment, then screen goes black, and I have to reboot my system to get back to any menus of any kind.

I'm also using a script to run the emulators themselves along side irexec, as I'm using that to kill the emulators with my remote via LIRC.

Does anybody have any tips whatsoever? I have poured over this forum, and haven't had too much luck...though I think I am started in the right direction...

Thanks!
binarybomber
(2012-04-02, 07:40)malte Wrote: [quote='{{INX}}' pid='1039462' dateline='1331114718']
OK I am baffled!
I have installed your latest version and I still have the same problem, no artwork.
I have replaced all the paths from smb// to \\Home-Server\etc as you stated and nothing shows up.
I have just copied my n64 folder to c:, rescanned and everything shows up fine, so it is something to do with the network.

Heres my config.xml for the network setup http://pastebin.com/SFv48fzv
Ok, it took some time but now I also have my NAS/HTPC combo here and I am facing the exact same problem. I don't think it is a problem with RCB, it seems to be a common issue with XBMC. But at least there is a workaround. You can create a link to your server location. In a command prompt navigate to the location where you want to create the link and use the following command:
Code:
mklink /D foldername \\server\games
Later you can just use this link to add your roms and artwork and everything shows up. Also you don't have to rename anything before importing games.

OK I finally got around to trying your suggestion Malte but still no artwork is showing. I really am at a loss, do you have any other suggestions?
Maleficium Wrote:It's the option "Use filename as CRC" working or I misunderstood how it should work ?
I guess you misunderstood a little bit. "Use filename as crc" will check the filename of the rom against the crc in the Spectrum.txt file. The Spectrum.txt file looks like this:

Code:
D39A4E05
10th Frame
Platform: Spectrum
In this example the CRC value is D39A4E05 and it will be checked against "10th Frame". It would work if you change the description like this:
Code:
10th Frame
10th Frame
Platform: Spectrum
But this will be a lot of work. Another option would be to remove the crc from the file completely but this will also require some changes in the parser.xml file. Maybe I have some time at the weekend to prepare one for you.

What happens if you don't use all of these options? I hope it should just do a simple name matching but I am not sure anymore. If not, I will add it to my list.

BTW: you can easily add complete log files with the "XBMC Log Uploader" addon Smile
biboobox Wrote:- The local scraper configuration is not working for me. When i use the "Add scraper" action, i can select the data file, but then nothing. Nothing in the log also.
To add a new scraper there must be a Rom Collection without offline scraper because RCB needs to associate the scraper with an already existing collection. Maybe you tired to create the scaper before the Rom Collection?

biboobox Wrote:- Due the the size of my ROM collection (i guess), the scraping phase sometimes hangs and i need to restart XBMC - not a big issue anyway. After XBMC restart, i launch again the scraping to finish the current rom set : i notice that even if there are some local NFOs available (and using it with "local NFO" as first scraper), the script is still trying to download data from websites.
Do you use "local NFO" as first scraper or as the only scraper? RCB does not skip the 2nd and 3rd scraper if it finds some info with the first one. All thrre scrapers are executed and the results of all three will be mixed together.

biboobox Wrote:- With large ROM collection (> 1500 up to nonw ans still growing), the loading is very slow. I understand that the script is getting a ROM from the database, updating the display, then getting the next one. Why not loading all the list in memory (maye be with a "Waiting..." dialog), then updating the display at once ?
This is by design in XBMC since Eden. It was already discussed here if this could be changed again but unfortunately it does not seem to be addressed.

djc6535 Wrote:Weird error here. I successfully added one collection of Roms, but now when I try to add another (or change the first for that matter) the browser doesn't let me get out of one directory (my movie directory actually). It won't let me move upwards from that directory and there are certainly no roms in there what do I do?
Sorry, I don't understand. What are you trying to do exactly and where are you stuck?
(2012-05-11, 10:08)malte Wrote: But this will be a lot of work. Another option would be to remove the crc from the file completely but this will also require some changes in the parser.xml file. Maybe I have some time at the weekend to prepare one for you.

Thanks for help but in the last couple days I was battling with this and finally reaching somewhere. The main problem its the filenames of what I have in my drive (more than 26k games and artworks downloaded from The World of Spectrum site) and the way I want that RCB recognize them. Just 3 examples of what I have:

Rom - Xark.tzx.zip
Box - Xark.jpg
Snap - Xark.gif
Title - Xark.gif
Game Real Name: Xark

Rom - Xark(HitechGamesPlus).tap.zip
Box - Xark(HitechGamesPlus).jpg
Snap - Xark.gif
Title - Xark.gif
Game Real Name: Xark

Rom - QuestionOfSportA(Encore).tzx.zip
Box - QuestionOfSportA(Encore).jpg
Snap - QuestionOfSportA(Encore).gif
Title - QuestionOfSportA(Encore).gif
Game Real Name: Question Of Sport, A

I'm trying to get all info, artwork and the real names displayed in RCB and for that I made 2 game description files with more than 26k entries (I took an existing database and made some work in Excel), Spectrum1stPass.txt and Spectrum2ndPass.txt
With the existing offline parser, description files and rom names like Xark.tzx.zip, RCB will search Xark.tzx.jpg (or.gif) in the artwork folders so no results. With Spectrum1stPass.txt I made RCB search Xark.jpg (or .gif) and with Spectrum2ndPass.txt I made RCB display the game real name.

Until now I didn't found a way to make games like QuestionOfSportA(Encore).tzx.zip being displayed with the correct real name because I already have the name Question Of Sport, A to other game, it displays QuestionOfSportA(Encore). Maybe some more work in Excel and some massive replacement otherwize its impossible to edit 26k game names or delete the different versions manualy. Other thing to think about it its how to make Xark(HitechGamesPlus).tap.zip display Xark.gif in snaps and titles, maybe a 3rd pass between the 1st and the 2nd.

Another thing that could be useful in the next versions of RCB its de capacity of search for artwork in subdirectories.

I'll thinking and working on this in the next days, lets see what happens Smile
Thanks for the anwser, Malte. My comments below.

(2012-05-11, 10:43)malte Wrote: To add a new scraper there must be a Rom Collection without offline scraper because RCB needs to associate the scraper with an already existing collection. Maybe you tired to create the scaper before the Rom Collection?
OK, i will check it again today.

(2012-05-11, 10:43)malte Wrote: Do you use "local NFO" as first scraper or as the only scraper? RCB does not skip the 2nd and 3rd scraper if it finds some info with the first one. All thrre scrapers are executed and the results of all three will be mixed together.
OK, understood. So how to perform a scraping session like "update new/unknown roms, do nothing for already imported ones" ?

biboobox Wrote:This is by design in XBMC since Eden. It was already discussed here if this could be changed again but unfortunately it does not seem to be addressed.
Argh. I have added my c64 disk collection, and the whole list is now +5000 items. The loading time becomes to a be a blocking point. Would it be possible to load and display only 100 randoms ROM at launch ? Or to wait the selection of a query before loading a list ?

Thanks, SladeCraven
  • 152(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20