• 187(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
(2012-11-10, 16:05)malte Wrote: Atm this will not work with smb paths where you have to transmit username and password via smb url.

Hi Malte,

as a follow-up to my previous questions: I tried RCB and it worked very well for what I'd like to achieve, I wasn't able to scrape my roms from an SMB network path though - not because of any errors, but because I wasn't able to select one. Neither the initial select dialog nor the rom source dit let's me choose a network path or type one in. This is with a new install though, do I have to add the SMB paths as sources first through the other XBMC dialogs (those for video sources that have an "Add new location" option)?
I'm having an issue even getting started with what seems to be a great plugin.
First of all I'm running this on a Raspberry Pi with OpenElec 2.0

Here's what I have done:
Installed the RCG plugin.
I then start it up and select add ROM
I then selected a SNES.
I then get a window on the right side of the screen with the title "Browse for new share".
And here's my problem. There is nothing in the list. I'm not able to select anything.

All my SNES ROMs are on a Windows PC that are in the same LAN and I'm able to
get both movies and music from the same machine using SMB.

I have also tried Advanced Launcher and got the same issue with the "Browse for new share" window.

So I don't understand why I don't get anything in the list of shares to pick from.

Does anybody know how to fix this?
Thanks for all your hard work on this effort marte, no need to apologize for bugs at all. I am so satisfied with this add-on!

I do have a request and I am sure it has been asked before, but is there any way to pull in game rating, like a metacritic score or something of that nature?
taalas Wrote:Neither the initial select dialog nor the rom source dit let's me choose a network path or type one in. This is with a new install though, do I have to add the SMB paths as sources first through the other XBMC dialogs (those for video sources that have an "Add new location" option)?
Yes, thats it. You have to add a new source in the file manager (not on the video screen). Then you can use this path in RCB.

jalia43 Wrote:I then get a window on the right side of the screen with the title "Browse for new share".
And here's my problem. There is nothing in the list. I'm not able to select anything.
I guess it is the same problem as taalas mentioned above. Try adding your sources via file manager.

kwoodkicker Wrote:I do have a request and I am sure it has been asked before, but is there any way to pull in game rating, like a metacritic score or something of that nature?
Yes, something like this already has been requested. There will be a bigger database update in the future. I guess rating will be something that may be done with this too.
(2012-11-18, 19:31)malte Wrote: Yes, thats it. You have to add a new source in the file manager (not on the video screen). Then you can use this path in RCB.

Excellent, that did the trick! What I previously did was to add a location. To be completely honest I am still not sure if the way XBMC is organizing sources isn't a little too complicated (although it got much better in the last years). Why are locations needed at all...

Anyway thanks for your help!
@malte: I think the webserver issue's root cause is the way the applaunch script is launched. If it is forked from xbmc.bin it will (if I understand correctly) inherit that processes' file handles when it is killed, that's why the port is never released. If it could somehow be started as a completely separate process it would work, although I'm not even sure I'm on the right track here. I guess I'll have to take a look at the code.
negge Wrote:@malte: I think the webserver issue's root cause is the way the applaunch script is launched. If it is forked from xbmc.bin it will (if I understand correctly) inherit that processes' file handles when it is killed, that's why the port is never released. If it could somehow be started as a completely separate process it would work, although I'm not even sure I'm on the right track here. I guess I'll have to take a look at the code.
I guess there may be some options to launch external programs via popen. Mabye there is somethings that solves this issue. But I did not dig deeper into it until now.[/align]
@malte: I tried the popen option but nothing happened. I didn't bother to investigate further, will do when I've got some spare time. Surely there is a way.
thx for the home properties, workin great.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
phil65 Wrote:thx for the home properties, workin great.
Wow, looks great. Will test it asap. Thanks for implementing this and I hope there will be some more options in one of the next releases.
Sad 
jalia43 Wrote:I then get a window on the right side of the screen with the title "Browse for new share".

malte Wrote:I guess it is the same problem as taalas mentioned above. Try adding your sources via file manager.

I've tried to do that by going to the file manager and added a new source. I then added both the top directory to my emulators. Two levels up from where the ROMs are. I've also tried to add the whole hard drive as a source. This still does nothing to my problem Sad

Could it be that since I'm running this on the RPi and the ROMs are on a hard disk on another machine running Windows 7?

Any other ideas?
running into an issue where it keeps goin to RCB on startup even though the options i have stated that i don't want it scraping on startup.. it does it until the popup comes up that asks me if i want to cancel the import.. otherwise it keeps on going to RCB on startup... even if i press backspace and try to get out of it

using frodo beta 1.. windows 7.. aeon nox 4..

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=15565
(2012-11-26, 05:00)gman3042 Wrote: running into an issue where it keeps goin to RCB on startup even though the options i have stated that i don't want it scraping on startup.. it does it until the popup comes up that asks me if i want to cancel the import.. otherwise it keeps on going to RCB on startup... even if i press backspace and try to get out of it

using frodo beta 1.. windows 7.. aeon nox 4..

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=15565

Hey!

I have the same issue, whenever I start XBMC I end up in RCB, but I'm not scraping anything.

When I try to back out it just goes back in, ending in some kind of loop. Sometimes I manage to get to the home menu by pressing back a lot of times.

Running Frodo beta 1, Win 7 x64 and Aeon Nox 4.

Edit: appearently this is caused by the widget in Aeon Nox, a script issue.

Take a look here.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1248343

And a suggestion, when changing consoles, it would be nice if you'd have to press enter to really change from one console to another. As it is now, one collection starts loading as soon as you scroll to it, and I have some really large collections.

For instance, I want to change from NES to N64, and in between lies GBA and SNES, and when I scroll to N64 both GBA and SNES loads as well, maybe not the whole collection if I'm fast enough, but still.

And since RCB has a way of hanging when switching fast between collections it's not really a good solution.

Cheers!

good looking out.. phil has said its a script issue..

malte, any idea why this keeps looping like that?

let me know if you need anything
@malte: I think I found something that should help with my problem: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/97236...383#972383

I've never coded with Python myself so I don't really know how to fix it, although I guess launcher.py needs to be modified (perhaps the method mentioned at StackOverflow only needs to be used if the OS is UNIX-like).

What are your thoughts on this?
  • 187(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20