• 333(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
This topic was mentioned a while back but I am not really sure how and where I modify the files to correct my issue. I am using Eminence 2.0 on Jarvis on an android device. When I open RCB I have in a large white text "console genre year publisher a-z" in the upper middle of every screen, even when the filter menu is hidden.

I see someone a year back that just deleted the filter menu labels "console genre year publisher a-z", as i agree these filters are self explanatory. Where and how do I delete these files??

I have tried to make a fork from github and deleting some labels but I have had no luck.

Thank you in advanvce
Can someone please point me to an OpenElec tutorial for this? I can get it running in Windows in seconds, but OpenElec is a disaster. Sometimes covers scan, sometimes only 1 rom shows up in my list. I get a popup saying the rom is loading, then nothing happens. I've been at this for weeks with no resolve. Thanks!
Has anyone had any luck in playing PlayStation 1 multi disk games using Kodi Rom Collection Browser? Is there a way to change the 'ESC' button functionality in Rom Collection Browser so I can access the ePSXe menu?

I have tried other PlayStation 1 emulators (pcsxr and PSXeven) and all of the emulators require the 'ESC' key to get to the menu when playing a game. I am using ePSXe as my PlayStation 1 emulator and I can't seem to make it work quite right. I can get the emulator to run and play the games, I just can't switch disks when I launch from Kodi Rom Collection Browser.

Example using Kodi Rom Collection Browser:
Playing FF7 and get to the end of disk 1, the game says to insert disc 2 to continue.
I press the 'ESC' key on my keyboard to attempt to bring up ePSXe menu
Game closes and Kodi RCB is open.

Example using ePSXe without Kodi:
Playing FF7 and get to the end of disk 1, the game says to insert disc 2 to continue.
I press the 'ESC' key, the game minimizes, and the ePSXe menu appears.
Select file > change ISO.
Select the next disk.
Select Continue from the menu.
Game resumes and I can play through the game.
Hello! Is there any way to add a shared folder as a source for the roms?
I have it already "mapped" in Kodi but there is no way I am able to make it show up...
This thread is just full of questions without answers. The last several pages are proof. Does anyone actually support this / have active interest?

I've been asking for weeks and still no clue how to get this thing going on my system.
Seems that the addon is dead unfortunately.
There seems to be a few ways to play and show Roms in Kodi. It doesn't seem to be a popular enough topic though. I also gave up after having controller issues. I only want 3 games to play. For the 3 times I'll do it, I'll just dust off my Wii.
The addon works fine for me except sometimes, apparently randomly, upon exiting the addon, I can't enter any other addons. If I try to go into the Youtube add-on, nothing happens. Same for every other add on. This would not be so bad, but whatever causes this problem also leads to an exit hang if I try to close Kodi. Wondering if this is an issue that other users have run in to, before I post a log.
(2016-01-06, 02:07)Reb313 Wrote: Seems that the addon is dead unfortunately.

I wouldn't say it's dead. malte mentioned a while ago he was very busy. He may resume work when he has free time.
just a quick question mayby somebody can help me out

i am trying to emulate psp games with ppsspp and want to use advantce launcher .. but all that happens now is ppsspp will get opent when i select a game in KODI .. and have have to go manually to the folder off the game en start the game

is it possible that the game will start while selecting in kodi ... i am trying this on the nvidia shield tv
I'm sorry if this has already been posted. I spent the last 15 minutes searching this thread and the past hour searching the internet. I think I'm having a problem with the launch parameters (Windows 10/Retroarch). Every time I launch a game from RCB, it goes to a black screen. The only way I can get it to work is if I load the core in Retroarch, then go into RCB and launch a game that will use that core....i.e. nes, snes, gbc, etc. When I do that, it works. I've gotten it to work with IARL (Internet Archive Rom Launcher) which requires specifying a core for each system. Can anyone help me out?

Thank you in advance.
(2016-01-19, 19:53)Borg-101 Wrote: I'm sorry if this has already been posted. I spent the last 15 minutes searching this thread and the past hour searching the internet. I think I'm having a problem with the launch parameters (Windows 10/Retroarch). Every time I launch a game from RCB, it goes to a black screen. The only way I can get it to work is if I load the core in Retroarch, then go into RCB and launch a game that will use that core....i.e. nes, snes, gbc, etc. When I do that, it works. I've gotten it to work with IARL (Internet Archive Rom Launcher) which requires specifying a core for each system. Can anyone help me out?

Thank you in advance.

Ok...

Here's what you need to run RA in RCB.

1) Executable is, of course, RetroArch.exe
2) Arguments... These are the command line parameters. Ideal settings:

-f: Launches game in fullscreen.

-L: Loads core. Path is either absolute or relative, so if cores are stored in a subfolder of the folder that contains the RA executable, say, "C:\RetroArch\cores", the path can be either "C:\RetroArch\cores" or just "\cores", but if cores are elsewhere the path must be absolute. Name of the core must be exact (example: nestopia_libretro.dll for NES).

-c: Loads configuration file. Everything that applies to the -L parameter, applies to the -c parameter too. Recommended to be a general config file (example: RetroArch.cfg)

--appendconfig: The real magic of RetroArch is allowing you to append special configs to a main one. You could use one for each console or each core, for example. These go after the main config and you can add as many as you want provided you separate them with a "," (comma) between them.

%ROM%: This is a wildcard used by the RCB scraper to automatically scrape and load all the ROMs it finds for a given platform. I don't remember if RCB requires you to put the %ROM% between quotes, though.

So... If you have the following setup:

1) RetroArch.exe installed in C:\RetroArch
2) Cores in C:\RetroArch\cores
3) You want to load the Nestopia core (nestopia_libretro.dll)
4) Main config file called RetroArch.cfg in C:\RetroArch
5) Secondary config called NES.cfg in C:\RetroArch\config

The command line to automatically load NES ROMs via RetroArch will be:

(path to RetroArch.exe) -f -L cores\nestopia_libretro.dll -c RetroArch.cfg --appendconfig config\NES.cfg (path to the NES ROM)

List of all RA parameters: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/wi...mmand-line

IIRC RCB will require only the parameters (-f and beyond) plus the "%ROM" at the end replacing the path to the ROM, because it already loads the executable when you point to the emulator you want (RetroArch.exe), and it needs the "%ROM" wild card for the scraper. This should work for each and every core provided you change things accordingly for each system. Good luck and report back. Smile
Hi,

Just had a log file posted for me for PinSentry and spotted that in the log there was a script error from: script.games.rom.collection.browser

So I thought I would post it here in case it was of any interest.

http://xbmclogs.com/p7vdh2w3q

Code:
2:14:18 T:13180   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'values'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\bruno\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\dbUpLauncher.py", line 148, in <module>
                                                runUpdate()
                                              File "C:\Users\bruno\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\dbUpLauncher.py", line 143, in runUpdate
                                                dbupdate.DBUpdate().updateDB(gdb, progress, scrapingMode, configFile.romCollections, util.getSettings(), False)
                                              File "C:\Users\bruno\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\dbupdate.py", line 67, in updateDB
                                                for romCollection in romCollections.values():
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'values'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Thanks

Rob
Google code is closing down. Therefore, the current code location is not editable anymore, and that, since january 25th 2016.

I have taken the initiative of making a mirror of the whole code and issues on github. Hopefully, the authors of the project can then fork my project, or i'd be happy to delegate it to whoever is in charge here.

I did that because I wanted to submit a patch to the project, which I have done in a pull request. The idea is to skip those annoying warnings that artwork cannot be written that keep on interrupting game imports. When you have a large number of games to import, it makes the process really impractical.
also note that the google code page can be redirect to github. i have also used this tool to import the wiki: https://github.com/morgant/finishGoogleC...iMigration

this created a README file in the main code source repo as well.
  • 333(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20