• 353(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Oh, yes. This is the information from the Kodi repo. Its about time to update RCB there, too.
Im trying to rename game disc like this

Panzer Dragoon Saga (Disc 2 of 4) (EUR)_disk2.cue
Panzer Dragoon Saga (Disc 2 of 4) (EUR)_disk2.bin

but when launching it wont ask for disc.

I have the same config for gamecube and works fine (i made this one some years ago)

I cant find anything wrong. Disc identifier is set at default _disk*
Maybe something went wrong when importing the games. RCB stores the paths to the disk files in its database. When it did not detect multiple discs for this game during import then it might not ask for a disc when launching the game.

Do you have the chance to look inside the database (with SQLite Browser or similar)?

I have to rethink the multi disk handling in one of the next iterations. It causes more trouble than it solves.
Hi, not sure how to use sqlite.

But in this case, import was made from a clean databse and games were already with the disk_* format before import for the first time.
Ok, I think I found it. Problem is, that you have multiple disk indicators in your filenames.

RCB uses the disk indicator to make game names unique and to detect multi disk games. If a rom file is detected as the 2nd, 3rd or whatever disk of a game then RCB just adds this file as additional rom file to an existing game (imported with the first disk). So, in your scenario the disk indicator is correct and it strips the "_disk2" away. But it still has (Disc 2 of 4) in the name, so RCB thinks this is a unique game and tries to scrape data for this game separately.

To strip all disc specific information, you should use "\(Disc .*\)" as disk indicator. But you have to rescrape this game to get the additional discs into the database.
Hi Malte,

since the last update from git i get an error.
I try a fresh installation from kodi 17. When i try to open rcb i get this error:

Oh, thanks for the heads up. We are mainly working on our dev branches, so it might happen that we accidently break master with our merges from time to time. I will merge my branch in the next days and fix this error.
(2018-02-19, 08:22)malte Wrote: Ok, I think I found it. Problem is, that you have multiple disk indicators in your filenames.

RCB uses the disk indicator to make game names unique and to detect multi disk games. If a rom file is detected as the 2nd, 3rd or whatever disk of a game then RCB just adds this file as additional rom file to an existing game (imported with the first disk). So, in your scenario the disk indicator is correct and it strips the "_disk2" away. But it still has (Disc 2 of 4) in the name, so RCB thinks this is a unique game and tries to scrape data for this game separately.

To strip all disc specific information, you should use "\(Disc .*\)" as disk indicator. But you have to rescrape this game to get the additional discs into the database.
You are right @malte didnt noticed filename were different (disc 2 of 4, disc 3 of 4) that break the ability to detect multi disc.

By using  "\(Disc .*\)" and rescraping, now works perfectly. No need to change filename differences.

Thanks
(2018-02-19, 21:10)Slipass Wrote: since the last update from git i get an error.
I try a fresh installation from kodi 17. When i try to open rcb i get this error
Git version should work again. Browsing and launching should work quite ok already but scraping is still under heavy development. So, expect some hickups if you want to test this.

Note: RCB will migrate your database to a newer version when you launch the git version for the first time. If you want to switch back to an older version of RCB you might have issues as RCB won't migrate the DB back to the old state. There should be a backup called "MyGames.db.0.7.5" in your userdata folder. This is your old database that works with previous versions of RCB. Just rename it to "MyGames.db" before launching previous versions RCB.
@malte . Another thing to improve, could be scrolling. When you scroll with LT and RT from a 360 controller, scroll is smooth. But when you scroll with d-pad, is laggy. Maybe the scroll values are not correct when you keep pressed the d-pad.
I had a question in regards to the filter controls. When activated you are able to select between the various categories and the screen reflects your selection in the background. Another action or keypress is needed to exit out of the filter controls such as hitting enter an additional time or the escape key. Is it possible by making an edit in either the gui.py or script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml to exit out of the filter controls after making only 1 selection instead of needing the additional keypress? For instance highlighting NES in the console category, hitting enter and it exits out of the filter control?
(2018-02-23, 22:49)trihy Wrote: @malte . Another thing to improve, could be scrolling. When you scroll with LT and RT from a 360 controller, scroll is smooth. But when you scroll with d-pad, is laggy. Maybe the scroll values are not correct when you keep pressed the d-pad.
This part of the code has been massively refactored in the last weeks (not released yet). Maybe this has already improved with the latest changes. But I will check again how it behaves when controlled with a gamepad. But usually there should be no difference between navigating the list with a keyboard or with a gamepad. Maybe the update interval is different when doing a long press.
(2018-02-25, 21:38)scmandias Wrote: I had a question in regards to the filter controls. When activated you are able to select between the various categories and the screen reflects your selection in the background. Another action or keypress is needed to exit out of the filter controls such as hitting enter an additional time or the escape key. Is it possible by making an edit in either the gui.py or script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml to exit out of the filter controls after making only 1 selection instead of needing the additional keypress? For instance highlighting NES in the console category, hitting enter and it exits out of the filter control?
I will look into it. Tbh, I don't remember if I implemented it like this because of technical issues or if it is just badly designed Smile
Hi @malte

Tried scrolling with keyboard arrows, doesnt feel that different than with controller dpad.

If you scroll with controller triggers (RT and LT) it feels much better. And the only difference I can notice is that highlight bar doesnt go to top or bottom when scrolling this way, it stays near middle of the screen. Thats is similar on how scrolling movies or music works.

I think rcb scrolling was fine and after some kodi updates (v16 and up probably) something changed in kodi code that makes scroll feel not natural on rcb.

If you try scrolling movies or music, it feels smoother. And its probable because of highlight bar doesnt go to top up or top down.

It's not bad at all, but since you are making rcb a great product, I just try some suggestion that could improve it Smile
BTW, how can I make rcb write this two words on different .txt line

Tried this with no luck

fh = open(filename, 'w')
        fh.write('RCB Emuladores', 'Selecciona Juego')
        fh.close()

I mean RCB Emuladores on line 1 and Selecciona Juego in line 2.

RCB Emuladores
Selecciona Juego

Thanks.
'\n' is the line separator. So this should work:

fh.write('RCB Emuladores\nSelecciona Juego')
  • 353(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20