• 361(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Ok, thanks. Seems to be an encoding issue with some Android versions. Can you check latest git version? You could also just update the file launcher.py.
Solved Smile All emulators launching.Thanks Malte! Awesome work.
Fixed it with the removal of the command statements
i was wondering can whe use theme songs during browsing games?

and a oher thing. i used aeon mq7 en browsing whas super fast and when i use default skin it feels a bit clunky. can i solve this?
Hi, I am getting the same error with launching emulators (Error while launching emulator: encode() argument 1 must be string, not None), but I’m not sure how to implement the solution. Thanks in advance!
(2018-06-01, 20:50)tris20 Wrote: i was wondering can whe use theme songs during browsing games?
Currently there is nothing like this implemented. Tbh, I don't even know how rcb behaves when kodi is playing music. Are there any online resources that provide game music?

Quote:and a oher thing. i used aeon mq7 en browsing whas super fast and when i use default skin it feels a bit clunky. can i solve this?
Only if you know how to skin. Patches are welcome Smile
I will look into it and see what I can achieve.
(2018-06-02, 00:25)Ck1978 Wrote: Hi, I am getting the same error with launching emulators (Error while launching emulator: encode() argument 1 must be string, not None), but I’m not sure how to implement the solution. Thanks in advance!
You need to install the latest git version. It is explained here how to do it: https://github.com/maloep/romcollectionb...it-version
Be aware, the version on github makes some changes to the way the filters are working. But I think you will find out how to use it
If you don't want to test this you will need to wait for the next release.
Thanks! Going to try newest hit hub version now!
(2018-06-02, 08:31)malte Wrote:
(2018-06-01, 20:50)tris20 Wrote: i was wondering can whe use theme songs during browsing games?
Currently there is nothing like this implemented. Tbh, I don't even know how rcb behaves when kodi is playing music. Are there any online resources that provide game music?
Quote:and a oher thing. i used aeon mq7 en browsing whas super fast and when i use default skin it feels a bit clunky. can i solve this?
Only if you know how to skin. Patches are welcome Smile
I will look into it and see what I can achieve. 
well there was a addon named tv tunes and you needed to put in youre own music. and then when browsing the music played. its a nice feature but if its not possible i understand. thanks.

i wish i know how to skin love to learn that. so i cant help you with that. iam very sorry.
I just checked Aeon MQ and I think I know what you mean. Browsing the list is much smoother than in my skin. Atm I am completely reworking my skin files and this is one issue that I will look into.
Hi malte,
those paramters worked for me in v2.08

<emulatorCmd>/system/bin/su</emulatorCmd>
      <emulatorParams>-c "am start -a jackpal.androidterm.RUN_SCRIPT -e jackpal.androidterm.iInitialCommand 'bash 7zemu "%rom%"'"</emulatorParams>

Kodi is asking for root permissions and I can run a script by terminal. But same parameters in v2.2.1 and <config version="2.2.0"> are not working.
I get error starting emulator: encode() argument 1 must be string, not none.
See first post on this page. This error is already fixed on github and will be available in next release.
(2016-04-08, 20:29)DaLanik Wrote: Hello, just trying to import my ROMS (N64) and I get error when scraping (for each ROM) "Error could not create artwork file" check xmbc log for details.

Only few games have desc/artwork and scraping takes forever. When I try to launch game, it does nothing... I have emulator installed...

BTW what is the difference between Mupen64 AE and Mupen64 AE (root) Huh

Thanx
Hello all. I've recently installed RCB and it's giving me the above error with every other ROM it scans. Out of a folder of 50+ ROMs, it means sitting a long time in front of the TV waiting just to keep clicking [OK]
The last reference I got about this error was the quoted message, from 2016. And I've found no answer.

Is there a way to have the scan done discretely, ignoring this kind of errors? I have other emulators with bigger folders and I don't want to sit in front of it for hours clicking [OK]

Thanks.
Minisforum UM773 w/KODI last stable.
Synology DS416 NAS over ethernet.
Pioneer VSX-519 receiver, Optoma 1080p projector, 5.1 speaker setup.
What version are you using? In latest releases this error should not happen anymore. Note that the version in Kodi repo is not up to date. You need to download the latest version from github.
(2018-06-24, 18:52)malte Wrote: What version are you using? In latest releases this error should not happen anymore. Note that the version in Kodi repo is not up to date. You need to download the latest version from github.
 Thanks a lot. I will install that one. It's difficult to be aware when the versions of plugins in the repo are not up to date.
Minisforum UM773 w/KODI last stable.
Synology DS416 NAS over ethernet.
Pioneer VSX-519 receiver, Optoma 1080p projector, 5.1 speaker setup.
  • 361(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20