• 363(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Artwork download from thegamesdb is broken in current release. Already fixed on github.
Hi malte.

There is a little problem with ui. Sometimes you get device control id 0 error or something like this when closing a game and you cant move on rcb ui. This problem been present for years, but on latest builds it become more evident.

The problem happens because ui loses focus and doesnt know where to go. To recreate the problem, you can left the mouse arrow outside the game list, ie on info view is more easy, then when going back from a game you will lose control and you will have to move the mouse arrow to the game list to gain focus again.

I guess it can be solved by setting a ui returning point when exit a game.
I cannot reproduce this behaviour. When I leave the cursor outside the list and press Enter to launch the game the cursor will go back to the list. Then I have to press Enter again to launch the game. After exiting the game I am always back in the list without issues. Can you show me a log file when this happens?
Hi. Dont have a log file atm. But Im using an xbox 360 controller, no keyboard here. And when you are outside the list are and move the digital pad, it says that legend about id 0. 

It doesnt happen everytime. Will try to make a log. Im pretty sure bug is on skin or theme side. Maybe is missing some parameters for exceptions like this.

Try to launch an emulator and change the emu you launched to windowed mode,  move the window to the left side, that doesnt have the game list behind, then move the mouse around the emulator window, then exit emu with alt f4.
Another small problem, when you go to edit rom collection, on all setings inside there, there is no autoscroll of options that are larger than the space they got there. So, some sentences of foreign languages that are larger than the english ones, cant be fully read.

BTW, tried colour file option, they look great. Nice colour combos.
New test version available: 2.2.3

List of changes:

Import Games
  • implement new thegamesdb API
  • rename old thegamesdb scraper to legacy.thegamesdb.net

previous version: 2.2.2

This is just a quick update to provide support for the new thegamesdb API. Atm you have two options to scrape games from thegamesdb: "thegamesdb.net" and "legacy.thegamesdb.net". "thegamesdb.net" is the implementation of the new API and should be used as default. As there still might be small changes to the API that could break my scraper, I will keep the old API as a fallback option. So you can go back to the old API if you have issues with the new one. But keep in mind: the old API also uses an old database. All changes that are made on the website are only available with the new API.
Thanks malte.

Dont forget the wii u thing.
It is handled in this issue on github. Just had to shift it from this release to the next.
Oh, thats great!

Will wait for next release.

Lets hope kodi team fix the cant remember theme/skin thing.

@malte do you think you can add further support for lcdsmartie?

Will be nice to have a welcome text. It could be something using two lines 1x16 characters each max.

Also would be nice if rcb can write on first line the platform you are browsing and on second line the game highlighted while you are browsing.

When exiting rcb it could write something like "Waiting for RCB"

Thanks
@malte Tried to add new rom collection.

Added "other" name "Mame full" (for a second mame rom list)

Nfo and artwork is available local. Selected offline, selected history.dat. ,artwprk, etc, save. And rom collection is gone. Cant select it from the import list.

Tried to add again, and never shows on list.

Edit. Added another random platform and seems fine. So adding "other" is broken.

Edit 2. Used mame history.dat and only some games has the proper name in List. Most has the filename as name. Im doing something wrong?
trihy Wrote:@malte do you think you can add further support for lcdsmartie?
Yes, that should be possible. Can't promise that I will implement all your suggestions but at least I will add it as an "official" feature. 
trihy Wrote:Edit. Added another random platform and seems fine. So adding "other" is broken.
I will test it. It is on my list to rework the "Other" option. In the future you should be able to specify a name that is shown in the list and an alias that is used while scraping.
trihy Wrote:Edit 2. Used mame history.dat and only some games has the proper name in List. Most has the filename as name. Im doing something wrong?
Can you give me some examples of games that could not be found?
Hi. Most games werent found. Not sure how many, but I guess less than 10% have the correct name.

Sent you pm.
Other small bug I noticed, if you browse games with videos. if the next one doesnt have video, the audio from the previous game video keep playing.

Also liked a little better the old behaviour, that showed for a second or two the artwork before playing the vdeo.
Thanks. Added this to the list.

Atm I am busy with other stuff. I hope that I can look into these things in September.
Thanks!

Anyone got proper mame scraping? 

Tried many times with no luck, just a few names are correct. Should I use a previous history.dat? Maybe rcb is not doing well with 0.200 history.dat?

Also after scraping, no filters are available for mame. You can only select ALL in every filter category. Doesnt happen on other platforms.

--------

Another interesting thing I discovered. If after adding a new collection you hit Save, collection wont be added, you will have to add it again. You have to select Cancel when you finish adding a colllection. Not sure if it's related to Other category platform not appearing after adding it.

Edit. Other category not saving was because of this.
  • 363(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20