• 370(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
(2019-03-24, 12:39)Kupo91 Wrote:
(2019-03-24, 04:58)Adrian A Wrote: Perhaps this is a pretty elementary question but I'll ask anyway. 

I had RCB working pretty well on v17 and finally upgraded to v18 (v18.1 to be precise). 

Upon doing so, I can't seem to get RCB to work correctly. It seemed to retain the settings for where to look for the roms and launchers, but the browse screen is basically just blank even though the drop-down game filter menu has retained the console categories and the settings show paths to the data files. When I run the rescrape option it identifies the games to look for successfully, but nothing gets displayed afterwards. I can also (seemingly) successfully run the "Export game database" command (though I don't know where the files got exported to...).

This issue appears to be the case for any skin options I enable. In addition, I can't back out of the add-on without killing Kodi completely. 

I first tried uninstalling (but retained settings/configuration files) and reinstalling the add-on. No change. 

Is there something in particular that should take place with this add-on when updating Kodi and/or what kind of troubleshooting can I do to get this resolved?

Do you use the latest version of RCB (2.2.3) ? 
Initially, no. I used what was in the add-on repository (2.1.3). 

I just tried 2.2.3 from the original post in this thread. Initially I had some issue pop up about "control id"... something and a blank screen. But I was able to successfully back out and re-enter RCB. 

At a 5 second glance it appears to be working correctly. I'll play around more and report back if more issues crop up. 

Thanks!
(2019-03-25, 01:07)Adrian A Wrote: Initially I had some issue pop up about "control id"... something and a blank screen. But I was able to successfully back out and re-enter RCB.

Interesting, yesterday I experienced the same. Wasnt sure what caused this issue. However it also was the first time that this happened to me and I use RCB for a while. So it shouldnt occur that often. Thanks for your response.
I am having problems getting this set up. I am running COREelec, a fork of Libreelec, on an Odroid c2. I have added a couple of emulators through the repository and have an SD card installed with ROM's on it. My problem is that when I try and run ROM Collection browser for the firs time and set up a ROM collection at one point it asks me for a path to the emulators. I put my EMMC card in my laptop and search around to find that the emulators are located in storage/.kodi/addons the problem is the pop up window in kodi to locate the emulators doesn't see hidden folders so I can't navigate to my emulators. How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks
Jon
(2019-03-25, 19:59)cy1clown Wrote: I am having problems getting this set up. I am running COREelec, a fork of Libreelec, on an Odroid c2. I have added a couple of emulators through the repository and have an SD card installed with ROM's on it. My problem is that when I try and run ROM Collection browser for the firs time and set up a ROM collection at one point it asks me for a path to the emulators. I put my EMMC card in my laptop and search around to find that the emulators are located in storage/.kodi/addons the problem is the pop up window in kodi to locate the emulators doesn't see hidden folders so I can't navigate to my emulators. How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks
Jon

You can either make them visible by
Code:
Settings (Kodi) -> Media -> General -> Show hidden files and directories
or you connect to your Odroid via smb, open the rcb config file in your userdata folder and type in the correct path manually.
Kupo91
I made hidden files visible as you suggested and it worked fine.
Thanks
Jon
Ok it took forever but I did find a fix for the ViewMode not loading and I just wanted to share.

In location
kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py
Just change this

#reset view mode
viewModeId = self.Settings.getSetting(util.SETTING_RCB_VIEW_MODE)
if viewModeId != None and viewModeId != '':
xbmc.executebuiltin("Container.SetViewMode(%i)" % int(viewModeId))

To this

#reset view mode

I know this should not work but give it a try. Just Doubling that line got it to work for me.
I hope this helps someone. Good luck
(2019-04-08, 18:16)Royusmc Wrote: Ok it took forever but I did find a fix for the ViewMode not loading and I just wanted to share.

In location
Just change this

#reset view mode

To this

#reset view mode

I know this should not work but give it a try. Just Doubling that line got it to work for me.

Hi. Thanks. That worked for me.
(2019-04-11, 01:47)trihy Wrote:
(2019-04-08, 18:16)Royusmc Wrote: Ok it took forever but I did find a fix for the ViewMode not loading and I just wanted to share.

In location
Just change this

#reset view mode

To this

#reset view mode

Hi. Thanks. That worked for me. 
Just happy to help. If you know how to add this to the next update that would be really helpful.
Does anybody use RCB with Retroarch on Windows? I got it running on Linux but on Windows it just opens and closes cmd if I try to launch a game.
(2019-04-27, 22:37)Kupo91 Wrote: Does anybody use RCB with Retroarch on Windows? I got it running on Linux but on Windows it just opens and closes cmd if I try to launch a game.
Yes I use it with windows but not Linux. Under the userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser\config.xml you will find
      <emulatorCmd>D:\to\your\retroarch\folder\retroarch.exe</emulatorCmd>
      <emulatorParams>"%ROM%"</emulatorParams>
On the  <emulatorParams>"%ROM%"</emulatorParams> line you have to add in the location of the core you want it to use like this

<emulatorParams>-fullscreen -L "D:\to\your\retroarch\folder\cores\nestopia_libretro.dll" "%ROM%" </emulatorParams>

If you are using the nestopia core.
Good luck!
(2019-04-28, 03:18)Royusmc Wrote:
(2019-04-27, 22:37)Kupo91 Wrote: Does anybody use RCB with Retroarch on Windows? I got it running on Linux but on Windows it just opens and closes cmd if I try to launch a game.
Yes I use it with windows but not Linux. Under the userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser\config.xml you will find
On the  <emulatorParams>"%ROM%"</emulatorParams> line you have to add in the location of the core you want it to use like this

<emulatorParams>-fullscreen -L "D:\to\your\retroarch\folder\cores\nestopia_libretro.dll" "%ROM%" </emulatorParams>

Good luck! 

Thank you but it still doesnt work Confused
(2019-04-28, 11:01)Kupo91 Wrote:
(2019-04-28, 03:18)Royusmc Wrote:

Good luck!  

Well it sounds like you don't have the core in the retroarch cores folder. Can you start a game from retoarch it self.
(2019-04-28, 18:23)Royusmc Wrote:
(2019-04-28, 11:01)Kupo91 Wrote:
(2019-04-28, 03:18)Royusmc Wrote: Yes I use it with windows but not Linux. Under the userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser\config.xml you will find

Good luck!  

Well it sounds like you don't have the core in the retroarch cores folder. Can you start a game from retoarch it self.  
Ye already tried that. In Retroarch it works. And also the log file says that it has been launched. https://paste.kodi.tv/soqijixoqi.kodi
(2019-04-28, 21:12)Kupo91 Wrote:
(2019-04-28, 18:23)Royusmc Wrote:
(2019-04-28, 11:01)Kupo91 Wrote: Thank you but it still doesnt work Confused   

Ye already tried that. In Retroarch it works. And also the log file says that it has been launched. https://paste.kodi.tv/soqijixoqi.kodi 
Well I am not sure. But I see that the games are being started from the Z: drive. Is there any chance that the drive letter may not be there as retroarch starts. Like when I mounted the Q: drive but it was unmounted because kodi.exe was closed. If not make sure there is no Unicode in the path or the rom name. Also try changing cores to core in the retroarch folder. But I really don't see any reason that the game should not have started without more info. I run mine in portable mode by running a bat code that mounts a data folder with kodi and all emulator stuff in it to the Q: drive and runs everything from there. That way I can run it off a flash drive and the roms are always in the same place. I want to help more but I really got nothing. Sorry.
(2019-04-30, 09:56)Royusmc Wrote:
(2019-04-28, 21:12)Kupo91 Wrote:
(2019-04-28, 18:23)Royusmc Wrote: Well it sounds like you don't have the core in the retroarch cores folder. Can you start a game from retoarch it self.   
Well I am not sure. But I see that the games are being started from the Z: drive. Is there any chance that the drive letter may not be there as retroarch starts. Like when I mounted the Q: drive but it was unmounted because kodi.exe was closed. If not make sure there is no Unicode in the path or the rom name. Also try changing cores to core in the retroarch folder. But I really don't see any reason that the game should not have started without more info. I run mine in portable mode by running a bat code that mounts a data folder with kodi and all emulator stuff in it to the Q: drive and runs everything from there. That way I can run it off a flash drive and the roms are always in the same place. I want to help more but I really got nothing. Sorry. 
I was just looking at the code you posted. Is the Z: drive a location created by kodi. Retroach can't see any drives that you can't see from the my computers folder in windows. I hope this helps.
  • 370(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20