• 375(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
The entries for the game show up completely blank I’ll post the log asap, also where would that log file be located?
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Using a device which runs LibreElec there is a home folder which contains folders like addons, screenshots, userdata and logfiles. If I open the logfiles folder it automatically creates a zip file full with logs.
I don't know where the folder is on windows. Probably in user/appdata/local.. or roaming (the folder is hidden on default)
Check your game directory if RCB really downloaded the artwork and if it created a *.nfo file for the game. If so open the *.nfo file and check if the file is empty or not
I found the location I was not thinking straight just turned on debuglogging and attempting scan again will be up shortly
Just did a quick check of where the artwork should be stored nothing is there should know more in a bit

Here is a link to the log had to share via google drive as it was too large for pastebin
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1E_vX6d...ywkSF1kB47
Code:
2020-01-04 13:58:27.250 T:140562367645440   DEBUG: RCB_INFO Using scraper: thegamesdb.net
2020-01-04 13:58:27.250 T:140562367645440   DEBUG: RCB_INFO Retrieving url https://api.thegamesdb.net/Games/ByGameName, params = {'filter[platform]': '31', 'apikey': '1e821bf1bab06854840650d77e7e2248f49583821ff9191f2cced47e43bf0a73', 'include': 'boxart', 'name': u'3 Ninjas Kick Back (U) [!]', 'fields': 'id,game_title,release_date,developers,publishers,players,genres,overview,rating'}
2020-01-04 13:58:27.992 T:140562367645440   DEBUG: RCB_DEBUG Retrieving https://api.thegamesdb.net/Games/ByGameN...w%2Crating as JSON - HTTP404

Sounds like thegamesdb.net currently has some issues.

https://forums.thegamesdb.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&p=2228
so go with a different scrapper or offline scrapper? If i went with an offline scrapper exactly what would I need? Thanks for your assistance.
I may have figured out the whole scraping manually thing, only time will tell though I will post my progress
(2019-10-25, 03:52)trihy Wrote: On latest kodi nightly add on doesnt launch at all.
I hope I will find some time in the next weeks to do some maintenance again.
looks like i was able to fill the majority with the manual scraping, manual artwork not so much at least at the moment that part is over my head (maybe if i read more I'll understand better) but as far as online scraping goes giantbomb seems to pull artwork however it just takes ages. I really hope this works

Upon looking at whats been scraped so far I can see nfo's for some of the items scraped being created while some are not
i have the same issue also .
i have rcb on windows for kodi 18 .
i am using the retropplayer fbneo .
no matter what i do , online of offline , i can't scrape any info nor artwork .
games are imported though and playable , but the issue is with scrapping.

any hints ?
(2020-01-17, 03:12)damanhoury Wrote: i have the same issue also .

any hints ?
i'm using rcb version 2.2.3
(2020-01-17, 03:13)damanhoury Wrote: i have the same issue also .

any hints ?
Might be related to thegamesdb downtime. Did you try other scrapers?
Tried to scrape DC games with mobygames and worked fine. Didnt tried with thegamedb

Kodi 18.5 and git rcb here.

Edit tried with thegamedb and legacy.thegamedb and didnt work. Game was added but no info or artwork.

Mobygames is fine.
Current git version should work with thegamesdb again. (See here how to grab latest git version)

I had to change the url to thegamesdb API. I guess the new url is only a temporary solution so this fix might not work again in the future.
  • 375(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20