• 376(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
(2020-01-27, 12:30)malte Wrote: Current git version should work with thegamesdb again. (See here how to grab latest git version)

I had to change the url to thegamesdb API. I guess the new url is only a temporary solution so this fix might not work again in the future.

I didn't test the current git version and I also didn't scrape anything recently. But there is news from thegamesdb which might affect your fix:

Quote:Hi everyone

We come bearing good news,
The server is back online with the latest backup, keys and user data, game data and images has all been restored, and we're now back and operating normally(/extraordinary).

Thank you all for your patients and supports, And can't appologies enough for this vey unexpected outage,
we'd be sure to have a system in place to prevent an outage like this ever happening again, hopefully this is a small reboot to something bigger.

for devs:
We've prefixed the api url with `/v1/` path to make it easier to version control the API going forward, so please update your apps to reflect that.
e.g https://api.thegamesdb.net/v1/Games/ByG ... e=platform
we also introduce key "TMP_TEST_KEY" during the outage, this key will be invalidated in about 2 weeks, and instead you should use your own key, if you dont have 1, please request a key on the forum.

Source: https://forums.thegamesdb.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1652
(2019-10-11, 04:13)trihy Wrote:
(2019-10-10, 20:55)popeye2468 Wrote: Hi guys please can someone help got this all setup with latest Kodi 18

I'm having a couple of issues I can't get

PS2 games to launch with pcsx2
N64 games to launch with project64
Dreamcast games to launch with demul

Please can someone help thanks

Hi. Emulator params to add on rcb. 

pcsx2

--nogui --fullboot "%ROM%"

Demul

-run=dc -image="%ROM%"

Project64 Use version 2.2x x86 from emucr web.

--fullscreen "%ROM%"

Copy exactly.
Respect spaces or no spaces exactly.

Does it work on Android? I have a rcb 2.23 kodi 18. It is not possible to play anything with an external emulator on Android, it always gives an error, I am desperate: /
(2020-02-19, 11:00)juniors.paulo Wrote:
(2019-10-11, 04:13)trihy Wrote:
(2019-10-10, 20:55)popeye2468 Wrote: Hi guys please can someone help got this all setup with latest Kodi 18

I'm having a couple of issues I can't get

PS2 games to launch with pcsx2
N64 games to launch with project64
Dreamcast games to launch with demul

Please can someone help thanks

Hi. Emulator params to add on rcb. 

pcsx2

--nogui --fullboot "%ROM%"

Demul

-run=dc -image="%ROM%"

Project64 Use version 2.2x x86 from emucr web.

--fullscreen "%ROM%"

Copy exactly.
Respect spaces or no spaces exactly. 

Does it work on Android? I have a rcb 2.23 kodi 18. It is not possible to play anything with an external emulator on Android, it always gives an error, I am desperate: / 

No. They are not for android.

On android I think you will need to download retroarch and config should be automatic. Not sure if you can use 32 or 64 bit retroarch. Maybe RCB is prepared for 32bit retroarch only.
Hi all,

there is a feature which I badly want to have in RCB. Since malte is busy with rl I hoped to find somebody else who can do this.

I have games in my native language and games, which are available only in english and I'd love to see the games language in RCB.
This information could be given as text in the description (another line besides developer, year and genre) or as image within the fanarts/screenshots. hrydgard recently made something similar for his emulator ppsspp:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/12636

Best would be if RCB could read the language out of the rom file name. For example the games language is english if there is (E) or [E] at the end of the file name. In case of my native language a (G) or (D) means German/Deutsch.

However for the beginning I would also be happy if there was just an option to write the language into the *.nfo file and RCB shows this one.

So if someone is a programmer and knows how to do this please let me know.
(2020-03-02, 08:43)Kupo91 Wrote: Hi all,

there is a feature which I badly want to have in RCB. Since malte is busy with rl I hoped to find somebody else who can do this.

I have games in my native language and games, which are available only in english and I'd love to see the games language in RCB.
This information could be given as text in the description (another line besides developer, year and genre) or as image within the fanarts/screenshots. hrydgard recently made something similar for his emulator ppsspp:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/12636

Best would be if RCB could read the language out of the rom file name. For example the games language is english if there is (E) or [E] at the end of the file name. In case of my native language a (G) or (D) means German/Deutsch.

However for the beginning I would also be happy if there was just an option to write the language into the *.nfo file and RCB shows this one.

So if someone is a programmer and knows how to do this please let me know.
Hi Kupo,

this feature is already on my list but as you said I am quite busy atm. So no promise when I will have time to look into it. I am still working on python 3 migration to make RCB Kodi 19 compatible. Maybe I can look into it when this is done.

Regards
Malte
Hi malte, thanks for your reply.
We already talked about this like a year ago. You also showed me that this is already planned https://github.com/maloep/romcollectionb...issues/362
But since it is planned for v2.6+ and things are going slowly atm I thought why not ask the community.
Would be great if you could take a look into it after python 3 migration.
Btw in the kondinerds forum someone said he can not start RCB because of this python topic. But according to his signature he uses Kodi 18
not sure if its just me but my sega rom *.bin files are not grabbing art only game info at this time on the gamedb scrapper, others appear to be working but there is a limit on the number of downloads
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Kodi 18 repo should be showing version 2.2.3, right?  Or is it behind?  I don't know why, but my install (Linux/Arch) is showing 2.1.3 as the current installable version, and I can't find a way to update or refresh that to be 2.2.3.  So I'm hoping it's the repo and not my system, because if not I don't know how to fix it :/
(2020-03-26, 22:48)slinkygn Wrote: Kodi 18 repo should be showing version 2.2.3, right?  Or is it behind?  I don't know why, but my install (Linux/Arch) is showing 2.1.3 as the current installable version, and I can't find a way to update or refresh that to be 2.2.3.  So I'm hoping it's the repo and not my system, because if not I don't know how to fix it :/

No its not your system. I dont know why but the repo shows an old version. Malte explained how to update RCB just some posts above. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2919638
(2020-03-29, 01:05)Kupo91 Wrote:
(2020-03-26, 22:48)slinkygn Wrote: Kodi 18 repo should be showing version 2.2.3, right?  Or is it behind?  I don't know why, but my install (Linux/Arch) is showing 2.1.3 as the current installable version, and I can't find a way to update or refresh that to be 2.2.3.  So I'm hoping it's the repo and not my system, because if not I don't know how to fix it :/

No its not your system. I dont know why but the repo shows an old version. Malte explained how to update RCB just some posts above. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2919638 

Thanks.  I did see that, but was hoping to run a release version thinking it'd be more stable.  After some thought I went ahead and just installed the Git version.  I wonder why the official repo is so far behind.
I tried several to make the RCB work on Android with external emulator ( Retroarch) and managed to just manually insert the settings, the forecast to work automatically with the autoconfig file? I love this addon but doing everything manually is very laborious, I have been waiting for correction for a long time and many people have already reported this problem here on Android, if I had knowledge I would help but I don't know and it drives me crazy.
(2020-03-30, 06:47)slinkygn Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 01:05)Kupo91 Wrote:

Thanks.  I did see that, but was hoping to run a release version thinking it'd be more stable.  After some thought I went ahead and just installed the Git version.  I wonder why the official repo is so far behind.   

The latest release is linked in the very first post in this thread
hello i am testing the addon from two days but i am not able to use it
i use kodi 18, the latest versione of the addon (2.2.39) i have installed also rom collection browser service and nothing
my configuration and installation is correct, i have tried with 2 different emulators but the result is always the same.. it appears a blue background with the only game name and no more additional information, no artwork, no picture and no data games..
the addon works properly?
can i use it with another kodi version may be using another addon version?
thanks..
Showing game names but nothing else means it has imported your games but didn't scrape them. Which scraper do you use? Did you also try other scrapers?
(2020-03-31, 21:41)Kupo91 Wrote: Showing game names but nothing else means it has imported your games but didn't scrape them. Which scraper do you use? Did you also try other scrapers?

Yes, i think so..it doesn't scapre anything. i use the scrapers in the addon..: legacy.thegamesdb.net, the games db, giantbomb and themobygames with the accurate research
really i am not able to add other scapers
kopo91 are you able to use it?
  • 376(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20