• 377(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
I just scraped some games for you to test it.

- mobygames and giantbomb work fine.
- thegamesdb doesn't work with RCB 2.2.3 because its API has changed some weeks ago. If you want to use thegamesdb as scraper you have to use the current git version of RCB https://github.com/maloep/romcollectionb...master.zip
- legacy.thegamesdb doesn't work at all

The reason why RCB didn't scrape any data for your games even if you tried different scrapers is probably because it doesn't overwrite *.nfo files by default. If you scrape a game RCB creates an *.nfo file which is stored in your games folder.
And if you import games next time it will ignore all games which already have these *.nfo files.
You probably tried to scrape your games with thegamesdb first. It didn't find any data because the API has changed but it still created this *.nfo file for each game. So any further attempts to scrape your games with different scrapers didn't work because you have to remove these empty *.nfo files first.
(2020-03-30, 15:03)juniors.paulo Wrote: I tried several to make the RCB work on Android with external emulator ( Retroarch) and managed to just manually insert the settings, the forecast to work automatically with the autoconfig file? I love this addon but doing everything manually is very laborious, I have been waiting for correction for a long time and many people have already reported this problem here on Android, if I had knowledge I would help but I don't know and it drives me crazy.

@kopo91 kkpo91 are you able to help me?
(2020-04-01, 12:21)juniors.paulo Wrote:
(2020-03-30, 15:03)juniors.paulo Wrote: I tried several to make the RCB work on Android with external emulator ( Retroarch) and managed to just manually insert the settings, the forecast to work automatically with the autoconfig file? I love this addon but doing everything manually is very laborious, I have been waiting for correction for a long time and many people have already reported this problem here on Android, if I had knowledge I would help but I don't know and it drives me crazy.

The problem is I usually dont run kodi and emulators on android. I just installed all this stuff on my smartphone but I also had trouble with configuring RCB without a keyboard. I dont even know how to get into the settings without arrow buttons.
What I did is plugging my smartphone into my laptop and opening config.xml and emu_autoconfig.xml with notepad++
Then I just applied all the emu params which I need from the autoconfig file. But if I understand you right you already did that. Unfortunatelly I dont know how to start the autoconfiguration in kodi.
You probably have to wait for an answer from malte or someone else who is familar with android, sorry.
(2020-04-01, 19:37)Kupo91 Wrote:
(2020-04-01, 12:21)juniors.paulo Wrote:

The problem is I usually dont run kodi and emulators on android. I just installed all this stuff on my smartphone but I also had trouble with configuring RCB without a keyboard. I dont even know how to get into the settings without arrow buttons.
What I did is plugging my smartphone into my laptop and opening config.xml and emu_autoconfig.xml with notepad++
Then I just applied all the emu params which I need from the autoconfig file. But if I understand you right you already did that. Unfortunatelly I dont know how to start the autoconfiguration in kodi.
You probably have to wait for an answer from malte or someone else who is familar with android, sorry.   
@Kupo91 Thanks for responding, congratulations on your work at the RCBSmile

@malte are you able to help me?   

I want to share my work with everyone but I want to get everything ready, this information is important because many are unable to install on Android and give up, we will not let that happen, we will pass on knowledge of this addonSmile
Sorry for my bad English :/
slinkygn Wrote:Thanks.  I did see that, but was hoping to run a release version thinking it'd be more stable.  After some thought I went ahead and just installed the Git version.  I wonder why the official repo is so far behind.
As Kupo91 said, the latest stable release should always be linked at the first page of this thread. Atm there is one newer (more stable Smile) release that fixes the issues with thegamesdb scraper. I wanted to wait if there will be more changes on thegamesdb before I mark this as the new "official" one. But then I somehow forgot about it. Sorry for the confusion.

splooff Wrote:hello i am testing the addon from two days but i am not able to use it
i use kodi 18, the latest versione of the addon (2.2.39) i have installed also rom collection browser service and nothing
my configuration and installation is correct, i have tried with 2 different emulators but the result is always the same.. it appears a blue background with the only game name and no more additional information, no artwork, no picture and no data games..
the addon works properly?
can i use it with another kodi version may be using another addon version?
thanks..
Kodi 18 should be fine. Be sure to use the latest version from git like explained here.

I also think that it is because of RCB trying to use your empty nfo files. So you can do the following:
- Install the latest RCB version from git
- Delete all your *.nfo files in your game directories
- Rescrape your collection with thegamesdb (not legacy) or mobygames scraper

If this all doesn't help please come back with a log file.
juniors.paulo Wrote:@malte are you able to help me?   

I want to share my work with everyone but I want to get everything ready, this information is important because many are unable to install on Android and give up, we will not let that happen, we will pass on knowledge of this addonSmile
Sorry for my bad English :/
Sorry for your hassle. Android support is a really annoying issue for me. I spend many hours/days to create a setup that allows me to debug/fix Android issues. Until now all approaches were not successful. Right now I am 100% focussed on Python 3 / Matrix compatibility and after that I need to do some long postponed bug fixes / usage issues (empty nfo files for exampleSmile)

I can't tell when I am able to work on Android again. It depends on my progress with the above mentioned issues. And even then I can't promise any success. So if there is anybody else with Android/Python knowledge, I am always willing to accept pull requests.
hi guys finally i am able to start rom collection browser..
the kupo91's  help is fine and good..
i am using kodi 18 on my pc...
the problem is this : only moby games and giant bomb work...
i tried to scrape n64 games and everything was ok..
then i launched the n64 games without any success..
kodi tries to start the emulation through its n64 emulators that are 2..
i have tried  to use both  the the emulators but the kodi system crashes...
any way if i want to scrape another collection how should i do?
in my previuos configuration i only requested the configuration for one system: the n64 games
but if i want another scrape for example the snes, how should i do?
i created the snes folders in my pc (roms, artwork), but which is the command to create the snes info files starting from this configuration that  i have?
my problem is :how should i start another scrape? i always see on my pc the n64 games scrape..i am not able to pass the snes configuration
thanks...
good job malte..great
I remember that N64 was not supported by Kodis internal RetroPlayer last time I checked. Not sure if this has changed recently.

To add a new Rom Collection in RCB just navigate to the Actions Menu and select "Edit Rom Collection". In this dialog you can select "Add Collection" on the right side. More info in the wiki.
hi malte thank you for your help
i have just tried without any success...
it dosn't not create any nfo files in my new folder
why?
the folder rom paths is different
may this is the problem?
n64 roms have a location snes roms have another folder location
on the moment i am not to create new info games..
(2020-04-02, 19:06)splooff Wrote: hi malte thank you for your help
why?
may this is the problem?

Not sure if I understand you right. You created a new rom collection: SNES games. And you also imported these games so you can actually see them in RCB.
But there are no *.nfo files in your games folder?
(2020-04-03, 00:18)Kupo91 Wrote:
why?
may this is the problem?

Not sure if I understand you right. You created a new rom collection: SNES games. And you also imported these games so you can actually see them in RCB.
(2020-04-03, 00:33)splooff Wrote:
(2020-04-03, 00:18)Kupo91 Wrote:
why?
may this is the problem?

the nes import games do not start, for this reason the nfo game do not exist
i am not able to do the some steps to i made for n64 games.i don't know why..
(2020-04-03, 00:36)splooff Wrote:
(2020-04-03, 00:33)splooff Wrote:
(2020-04-03, 00:18)Kupo91 Wrote: Not sure if I understand you right. You created a new rom collection: SNES games. And you also imported these games so you can actually see them in RCB.
the nes import games do not start, for this reason the nfo game do not exist
i am not able to do the some steps to i made for n64 games.i don't know why.. 

If it doesnt import your games there are only 2 possible reasons:
a) You entered a wrong rom path
b) You entered the wrong file extension(s)
I added a new collection ( game & watch ) but cant get rcb to scrape any game. maybe those games are not in any database?

Tried mobygame, thegamedb, but nothing.
trihy Wrote:I added a new collection ( game & watch ) but cant get rcb to scrape any game. maybe those games are not in any database?

Tried mobygame, thegamedb, but nothing.
Even if they are listed on these sites, RCB needs to address them correctly. So, "new" platforms won't work out of the box.
I think Python 3/Matrix compatibility is almost complete.

If anyone wants to test and report bugs, please try out the Matrix branches of my repositories.

You can download the installabe zip files here:
Rom Collection Browser Service
Rom Collection Browser
Rom Collection Browser Widget

You need to install the service first.
  • 377(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20