• 379(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
matrix branch can be used on kodi 18 or its just for 19?
(2020-04-07, 15:05)Kupo91 Wrote: Oh sorry, you misunderstood me. Its not a bug. The reason why it ignores my local data is because my rom files have different names than my folder names. So if I dont set "Use foldername as gamename" it starts downloading because the names dont match.
So you have all your games (or maybe only games of some collections) in separate folders? Like this: "Z:\Games\N64\Mario Kart\Game.n64" ?

The "Use foldername as gamename" option is just used for collections that need several files to run the game that are stored in a folder named like the game. And the executable file is not always named like the game so you need the foldername to determine the gamename (DosBox for example). Thats why I am so confused.

I am planning to add more options to the import options dialog again (scraping mode, ignore nfo files, etc.). But "Use foldername as gamename" is quite uncommon so I usually did not plan to add this option to the dialog.
(2020-04-08, 04:28)trihy Wrote: matrix branch can be used on kodi 18 or its just for 19?
It is just 19.

I guess that I will switch branches during the next days. So Matrix will become the master branch and there will be a Leia branch only for critical bug fixes. I am not yet decided if it is too early for this step. But on the other hand there have been long times without any RCB releases so it won't hurt that much to wait for stable Kodi Matrix to use newest RCB releases (if they will be released before stable Kodi Matrix).
(2020-04-08, 07:02)malte Wrote: So you have all your games (or maybe only games of some collections) in separate folders? Like this: "Z:\Games\N64\Mario Kart\Game.n64" ?

Yes, most of my rom files also include something like a seriesnumber and a letter for the language.
Example for PS1 games: Z:\Spiele\Roms (Emulatoren)\PlayStation\Roms\Grandia\Grandia [D][SLES-02399].m3u

(2020-04-08, 07:02)malte Wrote: The "Use foldername as gamename" option is just used for collections that need several files to run the game that are stored in a folder named like the game. And the executable file is not always named like the game so you need the foldername to determine the gamename (DosBox for example). Thats why I am so confused.

This is also the case for RPG-Maker-2000/03-Games. I have some of them and the executable files are always named RPG_RT without any chance to change this

Quote:I am planning to add more options to the import options dialog again (scraping mode, ignore nfo files, etc.). But "Use foldername as gamename" is quite uncommon so I usually did not plan to add this option to the dialog.

Thats okay for me. Since this option has to be set only once its not a big deal.
I just thought if a new user has named his rom files similar to me it could be a bit annoying for him when he is scrapping all his roms and is realizing afterwards that all his artworks and nfo files are named wrong. For someone who already knows RCB its not a problem because he already notices at the beginning of the scrapping process that he forgot to make this setting. So he can cancel the process and has to remove the files of just one game, to make the setting and scrape them again. But for someone who doesnt even know that this option exist because he never passed this setting before the first import process got initialised its maybe a bit annoying.
However this was just an idea, there are probably more important things to do
Problem switching to kodi 19, is that other add ons are broken too.

There wont be new features to rcb for kodi 18?
(2020-04-08, 14:21)Kupo91 Wrote: Yes, most of my rom files also include something like a seriesnumber and a letter for the language.
Example for PS1 games: Z:\Spiele\Roms (Emulatoren)\PlayStation\Roms\Grandia\Grandia [D][SLES-02399].m3u
Ok, now I got itSmile
(2020-04-08, 17:44)trihy Wrote: Problem switching to kodi 19, is that other add ons are broken too.

There wont be new features to rcb for kodi 18?
Yes, that's a problem. I realized it as I tested the RCB widget. Nearly all skin support addons are broken atm. I guess it will take some time until Matrix will be in a usable state.

But I can't maintain two branches. So I will switch current development to the Matrix branch and maybe add some features to Leia if it seems doable.

And first I have to add new features at allSmile. I can't tell how long I will have time to work on RCB before the next break.
No problem Big Grin Maybe some fixes could be added to rcb kodi 18 branch, but focus should be on kodi 19.

I will install kodi 19 on another pc so I can help with testing.

Edit. Downloaded kodi 19 alpha, went to add ons, install from zip, select rcb matrix.zip but a warning telling about phyton 2.0.1 dependencies wont let me install it.
(2020-04-08, 20:11)trihy Wrote: Edit. Downloaded kodi 19 alpha, went to add ons, install from zip, select rcb matrix.zip but a warning telling about phyton 2.0.1 dependencies wont let me install it.
It installed fine in my setup. Can you show me a log file?
New version available (Leia compatible): 2.2.4

List of changes:

Import Games
  • change url to thegamesdb API (v1)
  • remove legacy.thegamesdb.net scraper

previous version: 2.2.3

The new url to thegamesdb has been available in master branch for a while. I just did not make a release of it. I also removed the legacy.thegamesdb scraper as it is not available anymore.
(2020-04-08, 20:57)malte Wrote:
(2020-04-08, 20:11)trihy Wrote: Edit. Downloaded kodi 19 alpha, went to add ons, install from zip, select rcb matrix.zip but a warning telling about phyton 2.0.1 dependencies wont let me install it.
It installed fine in my setup. Can you show me a log file?   
I just got this

2020-04-08 23:26:20.256 T:4852   DEBUG: CAddonInstaller: installing from zip 'C:\Users\xxxxx\Downloads\romcollectionbrowser-Matrix.zip'
2020-04-08 23:26:21.147 T:11616   ERROR: Add-on 'service.rom.collection.browser' is not compatible with Kodi
2020-04-08 23:26:21.189 T:4852   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogNotification.xml) ------
2020-04-08 23:26:21.245 T:11616   DEBUG: CAddonInstallJob[service.rom.collection.browser]: requires xbmc.python version 2.1.0 which is not available
2020-04-08 23:26:21.245 T:11616   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.games.rom.collection.browser]: The dependency on xbmc.python version 2.1.0 could not be satisfied.
2020-04-08 23:26:22.573 T:12832   DEBUG: ffmpeg[0x1cf585a4260X]: [swscaler] No accelerated colorspace conversion found from yuv420p to bgra.
2020-04-08 23:26:24.879 T:4852   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Pointer.xml) ------

i had kodi 19 installed on this pc since long time with a previous build of rcb. Just updated to latest kodi build. Not sure if that can be the cause.
(2020-04-09, 04:29)trihy Wrote: 2020-04-08 23:26:21.147 T:11616   ERROR: Add-on 'service.rom.collection.browser' is not compatible with Kodi

Did you update service.rom.collection.browser too? Malte linked 3 zip files.
I remember that I got an error because I tried to install these zip files in the wrong order.
The service one has to be installed first.
I played some branch Tetris.

There are now following relevant branches:
master: Matrix only. Current development. Should be more or less stable (new features will be developed in other branches and only merged into master when completed).
Leia: Krypton and Leia only. Release 2.2.4 and maybe some bug fixes in the future.
Matrix: Matrix only. Release 2.2.4 (2.3.0) and maybe some bug fixes in the future.
If I want to update RCB for Leia can I use the link from this post?

Quote:New version available: 2.2.4

List of changes:

Import Games
change url to thegamesdb API (v1)

remove legacy.thegamesdb.net scraper

previous version: 2.2.3

The new url to thegamesdb has been available in master branch for a while. I just did not make a release of it. I also removed the legacy.thegamesdb scraper as it is not available anymore.

Or is this Matrix only and I have to download the Leia branch from here?

Quote:I played some branch Tetris.

There are now following relevant branches:
master: Matrix only. Current development. Should be more or less stable (new features will be developed in other branches and only merged into master when completed).
Leia: Krypton and Leia only. Release 2.2.4 and maybe some bug fixes in the future.
Matrix: Matrix only. Release 2.2.4 (2.3.0) and maybe some bug fixes in the future.

And if case 2 do I also have to update service.rcb from here https://github.com/maloep/service.rom.co...on.browser ?
(2020-04-09, 04:54)Kupo91 Wrote:
(2020-04-09, 04:29)trihy Wrote: 2020-04-08 23:26:21.147 T:11616   ERROR: Add-on 'service.rom.collection.browser' is not compatible with Kodi

Did you update service.rom.collection.browser too? Malte linked 3 zip files.
I remember that I got an error because I tried to install these zip files in the wrong order.
The service one has to be installed first. 

i just got one file. Didnt knew that. Will try. Thanks
BTW, downloaded leia rcb branch, tried to install on leia and got installation failed with no further details.

Im using previous build of rcb (2.2.3) on leia with no problems.

Edit. Tried a couple of times and now updated fine. Weird.
(2020-04-09, 16:31)Kupo91 Wrote: If I want to update RCB for Leia can I use the link from this post?
Yes. This release is Leia only. (I edited the release post to make this clear)
  • 379(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20