• 381(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
(2020-04-12, 14:50)loggin Wrote: Looking for themes that support RCB, customisable menus, panel/wall layouts that display 12+ items at a time with page skipping capabilities. I'm currently using Aeon MQ8 but have had to remove them theme xmls to get RCB to work, can anyone make any recommendations ??

I had this issue with Aeon MQ7 too. I asked the skin autors several times to fix it but it never happened. However even if they would fix it I think it would always be broken when RCB gets a new update. So only chance is to create those themes in RCB itself I guess.

RoyusMC made a panel view for me and it looks really nice. Only the font of the games title is a bit small in my opinion. However this seems hard to get fixed.

Original:

RoyusMCs:

But I assume it won't work with Kodi Matrix because of Python 3. Didnt test it though.
(2020-04-12, 14:50)loggin Wrote: Skin MQ is the only skin to overlay the RCB theme, to resolve is within the Skin MQ

Aeon MQ8:
Delete the fileConfusedcript-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml
In the folder: AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeonmq8\xml

Aeon MQ7:
Delete the fileConfusedcript-RCB-editromcollection.xml
In the folder: AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeonmq7.leia.mod\1080i

Looking for themes that support RCB, customisable menus, panel/wall layouts that display 12+ items at a time with page skipping capabilities. I'm currently using Aeon MQ8 but have had to remove them theme xmls to get RCB to work, can anyone make any recommendations ??
(2020-04-12, 15:16)Kupo91 Wrote:
(2020-04-12, 14:50)loggin Wrote: Looking for themes that support RCB, customisable menus, panel/wall layouts that display 12+ items at a time with page skipping capabilities. I'm currently using Aeon MQ8 but have had to remove them theme xmls to get RCB to work, can anyone make any recommendations ??

I had this issue with Aeon MQ7 too. I asked the skin autors several times to fix it but it never happened. However even if they would fix it I think it would always be broken when RCB gets a new update. So only chance is to create those themes in RCB itself I guess.

RoyusMC made a panel view for me and it looks really nice. Only the font of the games title is a bit small in my opinion. However this seems hard to get fixed.

Original:

RoyusMCs:

But I assume it won't work with Kodi Matrix because of Python 3. Didnt test it though. 
Skin MQ is the only skin to overlay the RCB theme, to resolve is within the Skin MQ

Aeon MQ8:
Delete the fileConfusedcript-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml
In the folder: AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeonmq8\xml

Aeon MQ7:
Delete the fileConfusedcript-RCB-editromcollection.xml
In the folder: AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeonmq7.leia.mod\1080i
What do you mean with customisable menus? What menus would you like to customize?
(2020-04-12, 15:16)Kupo91 Wrote: But I assume it won't work with Kodi Matrix because of Python 3. Didnt test it though.
There have not been any changes to the skinning engine that break compatibility of RCB. So I think this view should still work.

I am planning to integrate this view with one of the next releases. Besides all the bug fixes this is one of the issues with a higher priority. So I hope it does not take too long.
(2020-04-12, 21:12)malte Wrote: There have not been any changes to the skinning engine that break compatibility of RCB. So I think this view should still work.

Yes, you are right. The view works with Kodi Matrix, too. Smile
Hello, when I try to launch games on 2.2.4 (without a playcount), I get this error.  Is this a bug?

2020-04-13 11:44:21.955 T:4596   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'int'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\MEDIACENTER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 365, in onClick
                                                self.launchEmu()
                                              File "C:\Users\MEDIACENTER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 992, in launchEmu
                                                launcher.launchEmu(self.gdb, self, gameId, self.config, selectedGame)
                                              File "C:\Users\MEDIACENTER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\launcher.py", line 88, in launchEmu
                                                Game(gdb).update(('launchCount',), (launchCount + 1,), gameRow[Game.COL_ID], True)
                                            TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'int'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2020-04-13, 20:53)spectre4188 Wrote: Hello, when I try to launch games on 2.2.4 (without a playcount), I get this error.  Is this a bug?
What do you mean with "without a playcount"?
(2020-04-13, 22:44)malte Wrote:
(2020-04-13, 20:53)spectre4188 Wrote: Hello, when I try to launch games on 2.2.4 (without a playcount), I get this error.  Is this a bug?
What do you mean with "without a playcount"?  
Meaning -- from a fresh install.  The error I pasted looks like it's trying to increase the loadcount of the ROM, but there's a conversion error.
I just added a new game to my collection and experienced the same. All other roms work as usual. Just the new one doesnt work.
(2020-04-14, 00:31)spectre4188 Wrote: Meaning -- from a fresh install.  The error I pasted looks like it's trying to increase the loadcount of the ROM, but there's a conversion error. 
Ok, I could reproduce it here. It happens when you imported games via nfo scraper.

Fixed in Leia and master branch now.
(2020-04-04, 05:18)trihy Wrote: I added a new collection ( game & watch ) but cant get rcb to scrape any game. maybe those games are not in any database?

Tried mobygame, thegamedb, but nothing.
I added Game & Watch to the list of supported platforms. Updated in master (Matrix) and Leia branch.
(2020-04-14, 12:55)malte Wrote:
(2020-04-04, 05:18)trihy Wrote: I added a new collection ( game & watch ) but cant get rcb to scrape any game. maybe those games are not in any database?

Tried mobygame, thegamedb, but nothing.
I added Game & Watch to the list of supported platforms. Updated in master (Matrix) and Leia branch. 
Hi. Tried and worked great. Using thegamedb.

Thanks
[font][font]Bonjour, je me présente Roman premier post ici, j'ai réussi à installer et gratter mes jeux. [/font]

[font]Un grand merci également pour toutes vos explications.[/font]

[font]Par contre petits soucis quand je veux ajouter des roms à une section, ça ne me les ajoute pas. [/font][font]Il gratte bien la première fois mais impossible à rajouter par la suite. [/font]

[font]Avez-vous quelque chose à dire s'il vous plaît?[/font]

[font]Merci à l' [/font][font]avance[/font][/font]
(2020-04-19, 02:17)Silihpys Wrote: Hello, I present myself Roman first post here, I managed to install and scrape my games.
A big thank you also for all your explanation.

By cons small worries when I want to add roms a section, it does not add them to me. It scrapes well the first time but impossible to add afterwards.
Do you have something to say please?

Thanks in advance
(2020-04-19, 02:18)Silihpys Wrote:
(2020-04-19, 02:17)Silihpys Wrote: Hello, I present myself Roman first post here, I managed to install and scrape my games.
A big thank you also for all your explanation.

By cons small worries when I want to add roms a section, it does not add them to me. It scrapes well the first time but impossible to add afterwards.
Do you have something to say please?

Thanks in advance

Did you use the 'import games' function?

If this doesn't work for you, you should post a log file. Otherwise its hard to help.
  • 381(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20