• 389(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Hi, I have been searching and searching, but cannot find the answer..

Is it possible to use this addon just to launch my windows games from kodi? And if that is the case, is there any tutorial availible? I'm trying and trying, but cannot get it to work.. The addon does not find any of my games. I need to add an emulator, but i'm not using those. I just want some shortcuts in kodi to my games, including some nice boxarts and fanart.
So I have a folder with about 300 NES roms, another folder with about 20 SNES roms
but RCB is only showing like 7 games.. no idea whats wrong

https://paste.kodi.tv/qotofenuse.kodi

Using Matrix
Quick question, has anyone ever got this to work well with the ATV 4 using 17.6? I want to play a few roms on my Apple TV 4 but cant figure out how to set it up properly.
Allright, I managed to get it working for my pc games..

But km having a strange issue.. As long as this Addon is enabled, I'm getting errors using the netflix addon.. With this addon disabled, netflix is working.. I have tried it a lot of times, and its really related to this Addon.

When I try to open the netflix addon km getting: TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

I'm using Kodi 19.
@malte I have an issue with adding multidisk games to my rom collection.

The configuration for my ps1 rom collection looks for the file extensions *.chd and *.m3u
All of my ps1 roms are in *.chd format. However my multidisk games additionally have a *.m3u playlist file. If I launch multidisk games in retroarch I always have to use the *.m3u file for certain reasons. If I would choose the *.chd files instead it would lead to issues with savegames and other stuff. So I have to launch the *.m3u file through RCB aswell.
In RCB I've set the option "Use foldername as gamename" which works good, because I just want one entry per game and not multiple entries for each disk and playlist.
However my issue with RCB is that if I have both *.chd and *.m3u files in a games folder, it always will add the *.chd file of disk 1 instead of the *.m3u file, even if the line with *.m3u file stands above the one with *.chd file.

Code:
<romPath>/media/jan/SPIELE/PlayStation/Roms/*.m3u</romPath>
<romPath>/media/jan/SPIELE/PlayStation/Roms/*.chd</romPath>
Can you find a solution for this, please?
(2021-02-06, 02:54)MobiSlick Wrote: So I have a folder with about 300 NES roms, another folder with about 20 SNES roms
but RCB is only showing like 7 games.. no idea whats wrong

https://paste.kodi.tv/qotofenuse.kodi

Using Matrix
Check if all your games has a .nfo file. If rcb didnt create a .nfo file per every game, games with no .nfo file will not be showed or imported. If that happens, uncheck the setting dont import games with no .nfo and rescrape your roms.
(2020-04-03, 23:47)malte Wrote: I think Python 3/Matrix compatibility is almost complete.

If anyone wants to test and report bugs, please try out the Matrix branches of my repositories.

You can download the installabe zip files here:
Rom Collection Browser Service
Rom Collection Browser
Rom Collection Browser Widget

You need to install the service first.
Hi, I'm trying to test this out on my Apple TV 4 using Matrix RC & everytime I try to install I keep getting a error saying "Can't install .zip add-on: "invalid structure"" I didnt do anything special to those files. I'm just following instructions but each one keep telling me the zip is invalid
Nevermind. Used the posted builds for matrix rc. Seems to work fine.

For some reason videos doesnt play anymore. Worked fine before updating.

Also language is only english. Could we use leia rcb language files? 

Log is full of this

2021-02-15 00:27:07.681 T:9656    ERROR <general>: Keymapping error: no such action 'xbmc.playmedia("d:\\ro\\artwork\\video\\alone in the dark 2.mp4",1)' defined
2021-02-15 00:27:08.897 T:9656    ERROR <general>: Keymapping error: no such action 'xbmc.playmedia("d:\\ro\\artwork\\video\\battle chess.mp4",1)' defined
Video playback broken on Matrix RC is a skin problem.

Here is the fixed skins folder for RCB.

Just go to AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\skins

And replace with this ones.

https://filebin.net/fclda9vv124xd1k6/SkinsFixAll.rar
I found an important bug that will corrupt RCB on matrix and wont show any collection. You have to reisntall and will lose all you have before.

Happens sometimes after platform scraping, no matter what platform.

Only got this

ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'NameError'>
                                                   Error Contents: name 'old_div' is not defined
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 482, in onClick
                                                       self.updateDB()
                                                     File "C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 1020, in updateDB
                                                       self.importGames(None, False)
                                                     File "C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 1033, in importGames
                                                       self.loadViewState()
                                                     File "C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 1485, in loadViewState
                                                       self.showGames()
                                                     File "C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 928, in showGames
                                                       percent = (old_div(len(games), divisor)) * (old_div(counter, divisor))
                                                   NameError: name 'old_div' is not defined
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

Hope it helps to solve it.
Is there anything special that needs to be done if upgrading from a non-Matrix build to a Matrix build, or can it be done by just installing one on top of the other?
Nothing special. Just remember to update rcb using the matrix files linked on first post. You have to install first rcb service, then rcb on top of your previous build.
Is that a repo for the Matrix version where I can install the plugin, service and widget? Been using the Matrix zipped version via the forum which works great but wondered if there was a repo for automatic updates.
Server - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Ubuntu WSL2  Client 1 - Minisforum UM580 Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Nexus (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci
Still not on repo. Dont think there will be much updates.

I guess it will be on official repo as always was.
(2021-02-27, 19:36)trihy Wrote: NameError: name 'old_div' is not defined

Maybe try replacing with below and see if that works:
Code:
@@ -925,7 +922,7 @@ class UIGameDB(xbmcgui.WindowXML):
             #add progress to "loading games" message
             if len(games) > 1000:
                 if counter >= divisor and counter % divisor == 0:
-                    percent = (old_div(len(games), divisor)) * (old_div(counter, divisor))
+                    percent = (len(games) // divisor) * (counter // divisor)
                     #32121 = Loading games...
                     self.writeMsg('%s (%i%%)' % (util.localize(32121), percent))
                 counter = counter + 1
  • 389(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20