• 390(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Hi. Thanks. I think I didnt save the corrupted files for testing, if it gets corrupted again will try that and report back.
(2021-02-15, 20:13)trihy Wrote: Video playback broken on Matrix RC is a skin problem.

Here is the fixed skins folder for RCB.

Just go to AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\skins

And replace with this ones.

https://filebin.net/fclda9vv124xd1k6/SkinsFixAll.rar
@trihy, I'm having a similar issue with video playback with the PlexKodiConnect addon. The link you provided for the fixed skins file is dead. Could you please provide another?
Server - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Ubuntu WSL2  Client 1 - Minisforum UM580 Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Nexus (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci
trihy Wrote:I cant scrape this games, among others, using thegameb or any other scraper.
There are some : and - symbols involved, but other games with that symbol scrape fine. Maybe some adjustments can be done to rcb to improve this.
I will try to reproduce this and see if this is something that can be fixed on RCB site.

city_zen Wrote:Unfortunately, I tried the version you gave us and it's still not working
The games fail to launch

I can send you a full log file again if you want, but I wasn't able to find any other references to RCB in it

Could it have something to do with the resolution of my display? My screen is 3840 x 2160.
Would be good to get a full log. Make sure that you enable Debug logging in Kodi. Otherwise you won't get any log information from addons.

MobiSlick Wrote:So I have a folder with about 300 NES roms, another folder with about 20 SNES roms
but RCB is only showing like 7 games.. no idea whats wrong

https://paste.kodi.tv/qotofenuse.kodi
I can see this error in your log file:
Code:
invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
Not sure if it is related but maybe this causes your issues.

IIRC this error can occur if you have issues with your viewstate (Info, List, ...). Try to change the view and maybe restart RCB/Kodi and see if this fixes the issue.

powermarcel10 Wrote:But km having a strange issue.. As long as this Addon is enabled, I'm getting errors using the netflix addon.. With this addon disabled, netflix is working.. I have tried it a lot of times, and its really related to this Addon.

When I try to open the netflix addon km getting: TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
This is a known issue and there is a fix available. I just did not manage to test and include it. I hope I will find the time soon. Maybe you can try to fix it on your local installation. It is just one line to delete.

Kupo91 Wrote:I have an issue with adding multidisk games to my rom collection.
Can you find a solution for this, please?
I will try to look into it. Could you please open an issue on github? So we are sure that this does not get buried here.

louisefindlay23 Wrote:Is that a repo for the Matrix version where I can install the plugin, service and widget? Been using the Matrix zipped version via the forum which works great but wondered if there was a repo for automatic updates.
Atm there is no repo available. I had one some time ago but I don't think that it still works. I have to check if I can get it up and running again.

trihy Wrote:For some reason videos doesnt play anymore. Worked fine before updating.
I will look into this. What did you change in the skin files that you uploaded?

trihy Wrote:Also language is only english. Could we use leia rcb language files?
No, unfortunately not. The format of the language files has changed. Until now I only updated german and english. Other languages are still pending.

trihy Wrote:NameError: name 'old_div' is not defined
I will try to include the fix provided by @wagnerch42 asap.

@wagnerch42 Thanks for your contribution! Let me know if you would like to dive deeper into RCB development.
(2021-03-22, 00:11)malte Wrote:
trihy Wrote:I cant scrape this games, among others, using thegameb or any other scraper.
There are some : and - symbols involved, but other games with that symbol scrape fine. Maybe some adjustments can be done to rcb to improve this.
I will try to reproduce this and see if this is something that can be fixed on RCB site.

city_zen Wrote:Unfortunately, I tried the version you gave us and it's still not working
The games fail to launch

I can send you a full log file again if you want, but I wasn't able to find any other references to RCB in it

Could it have something to do with the resolution of my display? My screen is 3840 x 2160.
Would be good to get a full log. Make sure that you enable Debug logging in Kodi. Otherwise you won't get any log information from addons.
MobiSlick Wrote:So I have a folder with about 300 NES roms, another folder with about 20 SNES roms
but RCB is only showing like 7 games.. no idea whats wrong

https://paste.kodi.tv/qotofenuse.kodi
I can see this error in your log file:
Code:
invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
Not sure if it is related but maybe this causes your issues.

IIRC this error can occur if you have issues with your viewstate (Info, List, ...). Try to change the view and maybe restart RCB/Kodi and see if this fixes the issue.

powermarcel10 Wrote:But km having a strange issue.. As long as this Addon is enabled, I'm getting errors using the netflix addon.. With this addon disabled, netflix is working.. I have tried it a lot of times, and its really related to this Addon.

When I try to open the netflix addon km getting: TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
This is a known issue and there is a fix available. I just did not manage to test and include it. I hope I will find the time soon. Maybe you can try to fix it on your local installation. It is just one line to delete.

Kupo91 Wrote:I have an issue with adding multidisk games to my rom collection.
Can you find a solution for this, please?
I will try to look into it. Could you please open an issue on github? So we are sure that this does not get buried here.

louisefindlay23 Wrote:Is that a repo for the Matrix version where I can install the plugin, service and widget? Been using the Matrix zipped version via the forum which works great but wondered if there was a repo for automatic updates.
Atm there is no repo available. I had one some time ago but I don't think that it still works. I have to check if I can get it up and running again.

trihy Wrote:For some reason videos doesnt play anymore. Worked fine before updating.
I will look into this. What did you change in the skin files that you uploaded?
trihy Wrote:Also language is only english. Could we use leia rcb language files?
No, unfortunately not. The format of the language files has changed. Until now I only updated german and english. Other languages are still pending.
trihy Wrote:NameError: name 'old_div' is not defined
I will try to include the fix provided by @wagnerch42 asap.

@wagnerch42 Thanks for your contribution! Let me know if you would like to dive deeper into RCB development.

If it helps, I've tested the fix for the NoneType object issue and it works. Beforehand, I had this issue with the PlexKodiConnect addon which broke syncing and selecting libraries but deleting the line sorted it.
Server - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Ubuntu WSL2  Client 1 - Minisforum UM580 Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Nexus (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci
Hi malta
I tested RCB with Kodi Matrix and with an AndroidTV-Box and until now with the Roms NES,SNES,GB,GBC,GBA. All games were scraped well and I didn't have any major problems. However, when setting up RCB, the Kodi crashed 3-4 times. But after setting it up, it happened 2 times as soon as I left the RCB and selected another add-on (but it was very rare). Next time I'll pull a log and put it in here.
But I'm a fan of the RCB. Great job and if I can test something, please let me know Smile.
Cheers
Ah, and another question. I still want to get Nintendo64 to work. As you know, there is unfortunately no emulator on Kodi for this. Do I have to install Retroarch on AndroidTV now? And how do I manage that as soon as I select the game in the RCB, RetroArch and the N64 emulator are started directly? Thank you for your help Smile
Cheers
Hi. Uploading the video fix again

https://filebin.net/4fpc9ozli3o4yk0l

@malte, another example, this game is impossible to scan for rcb, doesnt even let you choose on select mode

https://thegamesdb.net/game.php?id=79170

Pretty sure its because the capital letter wihout spaces in seaBass, I mean the B.

Also rcb doesnt like too much the symbols like - try to edit a nfo file and add - to the  game name, then when rcb scrape that local nfo probably will skip the name and use filename.

Or just try to add : to any nfo, local scrape will get filename instead of title. ie. edit any nfo and change 'The game name' to 'The game: name' try to scrape selecting use local nfo and you will get filename instead of real game. Doesnt happen if those symbols are from online scraping.
Anyone tried to use .bat files?

I need this inside a bat to run a game

mame.exe -skip_gameinfo fmtowns -flop1 "X:\FM Towns\After.hdm" -cdrom "X:\FM Towns\After.chd"

But cant get it to work. RCB only use filename and path in some cases, but not whats inside a .bat file.

It can just launch the .bat file?
hi, checking today im so happy there is a rbc for leia and i got it working everything great been waiting since leia first came out for a working rbc.... now i was very unhappy when checking settings and found that the night skin theme was removed from rbc.......is there anyway the night skin theme can be added back for this version of rbc for leia with all the view modes it had in version 1.1.2 or so in rbc for kodi 17.  Thank you, worth asking night skin theme with its view modes was amazing.

side note - as of now none of any of my other addons work for kodi 19 so im staying on leia for now,
FYI, I updated the master branch today with some changes that I was working on in a separate branch. It mainly touches the launching part of the program but may effect other parts too.

Full changenotes will be added when it is ready for release. Just some quick notes:

General
  • small updates due to python 3 compatibility

Import Games
  • bugfix in offline scraper handling
  • removed scraper 'legacy.thegamesdb.net'

Launch Games
  • refactoring of launcher code
  • use vfs.libarchive for decompression (supports zip, 7z, bz2, tar.gz, ...)
  • option to disable screensaver

You may need to install vfs.libarchive addon manually. You should find it in Kodis Matrix repository. Atm not all formats are working on all platforms. On Windows I had issues with 7z, bz2, gz etc. I did not test on other platforms. I hope these issues will be fixed in the future.
Hi @malte. Thanks for your work. Please try to add folder games support, for wii u and ps3 kind of games.

Thanks.
aaand multidisk games Tongue
(2021-04-21, 19:54)Kupo91 Wrote: aaand multidisk games Tongue

Aren't supported yet?

I always used Gamename_disk1 Gamename_disk2

That way rcb lets you select which one to launch. Maybe you are referring to other kind of multidisk?
(2021-04-21, 22:15)trihy Wrote:
(2021-04-21, 19:54)Kupo91 Wrote: aaand multidisk games Tongue

Aren't supported yet?

I always used Gamename_disk1 Gamename_disk2

That way rcb lets you select which one to launch. Maybe you are referring to other kind of multidisk?

It's possible but it's laborious. I prefer m3u playlists for multidisk games because this way it creates just one save file for all disks and the save file has the name of the m3u playlist. If I don't use m3u playlists but launch the game via disk 1, 2 and so on it creates save files with the name of disk 1, 2 etc. And if you change disks then it won't find the correct save file. Because the save file has the name of disk 1 but the emulator looks for the save file of disk 2 and so on.
And the issue with RCB is that if there are more than one rom files in a games folder it always seems to import the rom file of disc 1 (if you use the gamesfolder option). A possible fix would be that RCB follows the order of the file extensions in the config file. So if e.g. m3u stands before iso it imports the m3u file instead of the iso file of disc 1. Or that it ignores all other rom files in the folder if a m3u file exist.
Hi. Thanks. Didn't know about that. Saw some m3u files on some collections, but didn't knew they were useful.
  • 390(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20