• 391(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Yea there are also some other reasons why to use them. For example if you use the texture replacement feature from Beetle PSX you have to create a folder for the textures which has the name of the rom file. So in case of m3u files you would give them the name of your m3u file and you are fine. However if you launch the game via disk 1, disk 2 etc. you would have to create a new textures folder for each disk. It's actually the same concept with save files. It's all about the name which will be sent to the emulator when launching the game. Atleast in retroarch things are handled like that. Don't know how other emulators manage their multi disk games.
Hi, I'm trying to launch SNES ROMS (zipped) with the built in Kodi Retroplayer, but I get the error in the log file below:

storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE,N9XBMCAddon4xbmc6PlayerE

I saw another person with this error but I didn't see any resolution. Any ideas what might be wrong? 

I'm using Kodi Leia on Android with latest RCB Leia branch (2.2.4) from github.

Thanks
@malte

I can't edit my original post but I found out after enabling debug logs that the NFS location cannot be opened for some reason. Note launching via Retroplayer via Kodi works fine for the same file.

The log is here: nusecazisa.kodi (paste)

Thanks for your help.
(2021-04-22, 17:45)sammie_l Wrote: Hi, I'm trying to launch SNES ROMS (zipped) with the built in Kodi Retroplayer, but I get the error in the log file below:

storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE,N9XBMCAddon4xbmc6PlayerE

I saw another person with this error but I didn't see any resolution. Any ideas what might be wrong? 

I'm using Kodi Leia on Android with latest RCB Leia branch (2.2.4) from github.

Thanks
HattoriHanzo Wrote:Ah, and another question. I still want to get Nintendo64 to work. As you know, there is unfortunately no emulator on Kodi for this. Do I have to install Retroarch on AndroidTV now? And how do I manage that as soon as I select the game in the RCB, RetroArch and the N64 emulator are started directly? Thank you for your help
Yes, I think that you must install retroarch or another emulator that is capable to launch N64 games. Unfortunately, launching external emulators with RCB is quite uncomfortable on Android atm. You will need long command lines with lots of arguments and RCBs support to use auto configuration is broken in latest releases.

For example the command to launch the emulator N64oid should look like this:
<emulatorCommand>/system/bin/am</emulatorCommand>
<emulatorParams>start --user 0 -n com.androidemu.n64/.EmulatorActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%"</emulatorParams>

But it is long ago that I could confirm that this command is working. No guarantee that it still works.
trihy Wrote:Anyone tried to use .bat files?

I need this inside a bat to run a game

mame.exe -skip_gameinfo fmtowns -flop1 "X:\FM Towns\After.hdm" -cdrom "X:\FM Towns\After.chd"

But cant get it to work. RCB only use filename and path in some cases, but not whats inside a .bat file.

It can just launch the .bat file?
Problem is that you just want to launch the .bat file without an emulator (similar to Standalone PC games). Do you want to do this for all games in this Rom Collection?
rc_34761 Wrote:now i was very unhappy when checking settings and found that the night skin theme was removed from rbc.......is there anyway the night skin theme can be added back for this version of rbc for leia with all the view modes it had in version 1.1.2 or so in rbc for kodi 17.  Thank you, worth asking night skin theme with its view modes was amazing.
Yes, I loved the Night skin as well. Unfortunately mcborzu seems to have retired and afaik there is no cuurent version of the skin. Additionally, the way skins are integrated in RCB has changed in the past. All RCB skins now use the same code and views and RCB just tries to imitate the colors and the look and feel of the chosen skin.
trihy Wrote:Thanks for your work. Please try to add folder games support, for wii u and ps3 kind of games.
Kupo91 Wrote:aaand multidisk games
I hope that I can address these issues with the release after the next one. (I know, I said this before)
sammie_l Wrote:I can't edit my original post but I found out after enabling debug logs that the NFS location cannot be opened for some reason. Note launching via Retroplayer via Kodi works fine for the same file.
You could try if the current version in master branch solves the issue. I changed the way zip files are handled and rely more on kodis internal zip handling.
sammie_l Wrote:I can't edit my original post but I found out after enabling debug logs that the NFS location cannot be opened for some reason. Note launching via Retroplayer via Kodi works fine for the same file.
You could try if the current version in master branch solves the issue. I changed the way zip files are handled and rely more on kodis internal zip handling.
[/quote]

@malte
Thanks for your reply. I'm on Leia, so I can't use the master branch. I guess I'm out of luck until I switch to Matrix....
sammie_l Wrote:@malte
Thanks for your reply. I'm on Leia, so I can't use the master branch. I guess I'm out of luck until I switch to Matrix....
Ah, I missed that detail. I am afraid you have to wait. I have no plans to add these features to previous Kodi versions.
Some mame platform, like fm town, has different params for different games, ie -cdrom or -disk param. So I was thinking about using bat files for every game. But I just selected the cdrom based ones and add some parameters to rcb and worked fine. Guess the other way will be a little more complicated.

BTW problem with folder games, is how rcb scrape those games. Gamename/gamebin/game.exe, rcb need to use Gamename for scrape, instead is using gamebin. Doesnt seem like a difficult fix, but I have no idea. Games launch and work fine, problem is scraping.
(2021-04-29, 21:00)malte Wrote: I hope that I can address these issues with the release after the next one. (I know, I said this before)

So you're working on a new release? Following your activities on github I wasn't sure if I should already update from master or keep waiting for a new release :p

edit: nvm, tried it and it couldn't update because of missing dependencies
(2021-05-05, 15:20)Kupo91 Wrote: edit: nvm, tried it and it couldn't update because of missing dependencies
This should already work like a realease zip. Can you show me a log file after you tried to update?
(2021-05-17, 15:03)malte Wrote:
(2021-05-05, 15:20)Kupo91 Wrote: edit: nvm, tried it and it couldn't update because of missing dependencies
This should already work like a realease zip. Can you show me a log file after you tried to update?

The error was: "Die Abhängigkeit auf vfs.libarchive in Version 1.0.7 konnte nicht aufgelöst werden."
Full log: https://paste.kodi.tv/weriwogace.kodi
(2021-05-17, 15:32)Kupo91 Wrote: The error was: "Die Abhängigkeit auf vfs.libarchive in Version 1.0.7 konnte nicht aufgelöst werden."
You need to install the Addon "Archive support" manually. Afaik it is not installed automatically. You will find it in "Addons/Virtual file systems".
(2021-05-17, 16:11)malte Wrote:
(2021-05-17, 15:32)Kupo91 Wrote: The error was: "Die Abhängigkeit auf vfs.libarchive in Version 1.0.7 konnte nicht aufgelöst werden."
You need to install the Addon "Archive support" manually. Afaik it is not installed automatically. You will find it in "Addons/Virtual file systems".

Hm it seems that I don't have the VFS addon category

(2021-05-17, 17:03)Kupo91 Wrote: Hm it seems that I don't have the VFS addon category
Just tried it on a fresh Matrix install and I found it here: Addons->Download->Virtual filesystems.

Maybe it is a skin issue? You could try it with the default skin.
(2021-05-17, 22:22)malte Wrote:
(2021-05-17, 17:03)Kupo91 Wrote: Hm it seems that I don't have the VFS addon category
Just tried it on a fresh Matrix install and I found it here: Addons->Download->Virtual filesystems.

Maybe it is a skin issue? You could try it with the default skin.

Ok, I changed to Estuary but still couldn't find it. Then I tried on my Windows pc and here it is. Is it maybe Windows only? I'm running Lubuntu on my TV box with the latest kodi build
(2021-05-17, 23:00)Kupo91 Wrote: Ok, I changed to Estuary but still couldn't find it. Then I tried on my Windows pc and here it is. Is it maybe Windows only? I'm running Lubuntu on my TV box with the latest kodi build
The vfs addons are also available for Linux but it depends on the distribution if they are pre-installed or not. You could try to install "kodi-vfs-libarchive" via apt-get ot the package manager that is available on your system.
  • 391(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20