• 394(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Big Grin

Still trying to look for more fixes. Code changed a lot on latest git. And it´s the only one working on kodi v20.

Im trying the solo mode on Windows and cant make it work. I think this mode means closing kodi when launching a game. But does nothing. Trying some fixes, still nothing.
Where do we find your fork?
Don't need it yet since I'm still on kodi 19, but maybe in the future Tongue
Hi, I will put the zip here if malte agree. Still not much fixes, but kind of works.
No problem, of course you can upload a zip file with fixes here in the thread.

Atm I am 100% busy with work and family, but RCB is still on my mind. I hope I will find some time to do some fixes and features in the next months.

Thanks for your work!
Thanks malte.

I made a github fork, it´s easier than post here.

https://github.com/Trihy/romcollectionbrowser

Works fine on Kodi V19, V20. 

Still have to add some fixes I have in other PC. And if someone found another fixes, please upload them there and I will merge them.
Still not sure about solo mode. Should kodi close and relaunch when selecting this? Applied some fixed but nothing. It never worked for me in any RCB build or kodi build.

But noticed this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=368532

And solo mode could help.
Version bumped to 2.3.1 to avoid updating problems.
Some days ago I updated my system and reinstalled kodi and stuff.
With the changes I already linked some time ago all my emulators work. Duckstation, Dolphin, Retroarch, PPSSPP and PCSX2.
The only exception are games in zip files. Trying to launch them gives me this error:

Quote:2022-06-18 19:52:27.098 T:9764    ERROR <general>: Traceback (most recent call last):

2022-06-18 19:52:27.098 T:9764    ERROR <general>:
2022-06-18 19:52:27.098 T:9764    ERROR <general>:   File "C:\Users\Jan\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\launcher\base_launcher.py", line 51, in launch_game
                                                       precmd, postcmd, cmd, roms = launcher.prepare(self.romCollection, self.gameRow)

2022-06-18 19:52:27.099 T:9764    ERROR <general>:
2022-06-18 19:52:27.099 T:9764    ERROR <general>:   File "C:\Users\Jan\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\launcher\base_launcher.py", line 149, in prepare
                                                       precmd, postcmd, cmd = self.build_cmd(romCollection, gameRow, roms, emuParams, part_to_repeat_in_emuparams)

2022-06-18 19:52:27.099 T:9764    ERROR <general>:   File "C:\Users\Jan\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\launcher\cmd_launcher.py", line 115, in build_cmd
                                                       return  precmd, postcmd, cmd

2022-06-18 19:52:27.099 T:9764    ERROR <general>: UnboundLocalError: local variable 'precmd' referenced before assignment

It must be the format since it loads successfully if I unzip the game.
(2022-06-15, 02:16)trihy Wrote: Still not sure about solo mode. Should kodi close and relaunch when selecting this? Applied some fixed but nothing. It never worked for me in any RCB build or kodi build.

But noticed this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=368532

And solo mode could help.
Yes, solo mode should close Kodi after launching a game and reopens it, when you exit the game. RCB runs a batch file (Windows) or a shell script (Linux) to do this.

What does happen when you enable solo mode and launch a game? What do you see in the log?

(2022-06-18, 20:34)Kupo91 Wrote: Some days ago I updated my system and reinstalled kodi and stuff.
With the changes I already linked some time ago all my emulators work. Duckstation, Dolphin, Retroarch, PPSSPP and PCSX2.
The only exception are games in zip files. Trying to launch them gives me this error:

Quote:                                                  
2022-06-18 19:52:27.099 T:9764    ERROR <general>: UnboundLocalError: local variable 'precmd' referenced before assignment

It must be the format since it loads successfully if I unzip the game.
Looks more like a bug or incompatibility to me. Don't think that all your zip files are broken.

There is still this open pull request that addresses another launcher issue. I hope I will find some time to look into this issue in the next days/weeks. Still need to get my setup up and running again since I have a new dev notebook.
(2022-06-20, 09:51)malte Wrote: Yes, solo mode should close Kodi after launching a game and reopens it, when you exit the game. RCB runs a batch file (Windows) or a shell script (Linux) to do this.

What does happen when you enable solo mode and launch a game? What do you see in the log?

Hi. I was enabling Solo mode on RCB global settings. Seems to enable Solo Mode on Edit Rom Collection and in every collection specific option, is working.
I made a RCB install just for testing and was able to find some problems launching unzipped files. But made a few changes and seems to be launching zip files and unzipped files just fine.

Give a try and report any problem. Think it was an identation problem.

Tried with "do not extract roms" enabled and disabled. Both worked fine. At least on Windows.

Can´t see any major problems with RCB atm on Windows. But will report back if finding any.

Improving scraping and taking better care of special characters could be something interesting.

Another nice option I could think is a global option to play the videos without sound, sometimes are a pain all the differents sounds they have. Just with muted audio, think it won't be difficult to add as a toggle.
(2022-06-20, 09:51)malte Wrote: Looks more like a bug or incompatibility to me. Don't think that all your zip files are broken.

hm zip file should be fine actually. it's a game for the easyrpg core in retroarch and launching the zip file directly in retroarch works. so the issue should be on RCBs end. I also tried other zip files (I only have 3 though), but RCB don't launch any of them
Hi, since most games in thegamesdb have NTSC titles, artworks and information, I was thinking about contributing some versions for my country.

thegamesdb gives you this option:

I'm just wondering how RCB decides what db entry it scrapes. Would it be possible to set a region and country in RCB configs, so it prefers coutry as first choice, falls back on PAL (UK or none, for the language), if country not exists, falls back on NTSC, if PAL not exists or something like that?

PS: This doesn't count for thegamesdb only. Mobygames provides boxfront, boxback and cartridge in many cases for different countries. At the moment, I always download them manually and replace my artwork downloaded from thegamesdb with these from mobygames
Hi,

i have not read this huge thread, but ....is it necessary for this addon to have its own skin. Isn't it possible to have it independent of the skin i use?
It just looks a little strange, when choosing this addon and suddenly find myself in another skin Wink

Or did i miss a setting? I tried different addon skin settings ....and got different skins, but not mine (Aeon MQ 7)

Thanks.
(2022-08-15, 20:25)Steel99 Wrote: Hi,

i have not read this huge thread, but ....is it necessary for this addon to have its own skin. Isn't it possible to have it independent of the skin i use?
It just looks a little strange, when choosing this addon and suddenly find myself in another skin Wink

Or did i miss a setting? I tried different addon skin settings ....and got different skins, but not mine (Aeon MQ 7)

Thanks.

Aeon MQ7 once came with an overlay for RCB. However after an update of RCB the overlay didn't work as expected (buttons could not be clicked anymore etc.), so the overlay has been removed. It's better to have skin files in RCB itself instead, because these don't break so fast.

When I tried to find a way to get my Aeon MQ7 skin back, someone helped me and made a skin of the panel view for me. You can find a comparison between the original and the replica here

There are already requests to integrate new views in RCB on github.
  • 394(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20