• 5(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Sorry, forgot one line at the beginning of the script (helper.py):

Code:
import xbmc

A second issue:
Please try to launch roms in non-solo mode. I guess it is not possible to execute .bat- or .sh-files on xbox. Go to RCBs config.xml and set <useEmuSolo> to "False". You have to "Import Settings" again after doing this.

About starting RCB on every XBMC startup: RCB creates an autoexec.py when you try to launch a game in solo mode. But if RCB starts it should delete this file again. Maybe something went wrong with this and you have to delete it yourself. Sorry for that.

regards,
malte
http://pastebin.com/UZebrsmD

Heres the log with debugging enabled

I modified the files as you said above and then reinstalled and launched RCB and it had the same problem not being able to launch emulator.

Yep found the autoexec.py in the scripts folder. Deleted it and now no more RCB starting on boot.
To boot an Xbox-executable (XBE file) within a script:

Quote:xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.Runxbe(PathToXBE)')
For eg,

Quote:xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.Runxbe(E:\\Apps\\Emulators\\Surreal64\\default.xbe)')
(Note the double slashes).

XBMC.Runxbe only accepts one parameter, that being the program you want to boot. However, you can pass shortcut files to it, and those can contain the path to your emulator as well as the path to your ROM.

The usual trick is to have your front-end generate a shortcut file, then boot that via "XBMC.RunXBE". You can ignore the <label> and <thumb> tags for this purpose, as this particular shortcut won't be presented to the user.

(Actually, you should ignore the <thumb> tags anyway, but that's a long story...)

Where it gets complex is that most emulators expect to be passed the full path to their ROMs, but some will only work when passed the name of the zip file that contains the ROM data (as opposed to the path, or even the file extension)!

For example, with something like NeoGenesis (Mega Drive emulator):

Quote:<shortcut>
<path>f:\emulators\NeoGenesis\default.xbe</path>
<custom>
<game>f:\emulators\NeoGenesis\sgenroms\Sonic the Hedgehog.zip</game>
</custom>
</shortcut>
But with FBA-XXX (Neogeo and other arcade systems):

Quote:<shortcut>
<path>f:\emulators\FBA-XXX\default.xbe</path>
<custom>
<game>mslug</game>
</custom>
</shortcut>
Hence users will need to configure the front-end with where each of their emulators are located, and how each emulator expects to see ROM paths.

My personal ROM collection is displayed/accessed via shortcuts, as per this thread. However, via shortcuts alone, the presentation options are limited to a name and a picture.

It's my understanding that the Xtras packs contain full pre-made CUTs for every game they cover, so it may be easier to just have the front-end deal with those rather then have it attempt to deal with the path configuration issues.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
ShockedI knew you would have a few tricks up your sleeve BBLaugh Your Xbox knowledge never ceases to amaze meNerd
Oke then trying to set this thing up... i can't really find a good source to get box art / art / movies ?! any suggestions ?
Paybac Wrote:http://pastebin.com/UZebrsmD

Heres the log with debugging enabled

I modified the files as you said above and then reinstalled and launched RCB and it had the same problem not being able to launch emulator.

Unfortunately your log ends when RCB is started so I can't see whats happening after starting RCB:
Code:
DEBUG: XBPyThread::Process - The source file to load is Q:\scripts\Rom Collection Browser V0.5\default

What did you use as emulatorCmd? With the code changes I posted above you should be able to launch your emulator. It is the same code that Bomb Bloke suggested.

But I think we should go in this .cut-file direction now;-)

As a work around (and to test if it will work like this) you could create a .cut file like BB told us. You have to configure the romPath in RCB with "PathToYourRoms\*.cut" and use just "%ROM%" as emuCmd (and make sure that useEmuSolo is still set to "False"):
Code:
<emulatorCmd>%ROM%</emulatorCmd>
<romPath>Q:\roms\*.cut</romPath>

You have to import settings and games again!

The resulting command during runtime should look like this:
xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.Runxbe(Q:\roms\mygame.cut)")
(The double slashes aren't needed in this case because this command is built at runtime)

I will think about adding better xbox support with creating cut files on the fly. Maybe I have to get a friends box for some daysSmile

@BB: Thanks for your input! It really helps to understand how things work on xbox.

@jpschouten:
Atm I am spending more time with developing than setting up my rom collection;-). But maybe someone else has a good hint on this.
Great it works Malte, not sure why it didn't work with what you said before, but it works no problem now.

In summary to get this working on Xbox. At this stage you need .cut files for all your roms, see Bomb Bomb Blokes post 4 post above this one.

Do This:

Go to RCB/resources/lib and edit the file helper.py:

At the end of method launchEmu (line 216) replace this line:

Code:
os.system(cmd)

with this one:

Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.Runxbe(%s)" %cmd)

Then save helper.py
Now go to RCB/resources/database/config.xml and change these lines

Code:
<emulatorCmd>uae {-%I% "%ROM%"}</emulatorCmd>
<useEmuSolo>True</useEmuSolo>

<romPath>PathToTestData/Collection V1/roms/*.adf</romPath>

To these

Code:
<emulatorCmd>%ROM%</emulatorCmd>
<useEmuSolo>False</useEmuSolo>

<romPath>F:/Apps/Emulators/SNES/roms/*.cut</romPath>

And save.
paybac Wrote:Great it works Malte, not sure why it didn't work with what you said before, but it works no problem now.

Great! Thanks for testing this out. I will add the code changes to the next release.

Don't forget to include "import xbmc" as first line of helper.py if you want to try this.
oh yes i forgot to mention that, but yes i did have import xbmc at the top of helper.py
OK I am trying to get this to work on my xbox I configured everything Paybac said to do
I load up rbc in xbmc it ask me to import settings i click on yes it does
then it ask me to import games so I chose yes I am now setting at a working please wait screen for the last 10min which i think xbmc froze

I put the Roms directory like this for snes roms in the config.xml

<romPath>G:\Shortcuts\SNES\*.cut</romPath>

have not gotten any errors it just freezes when it ask me to import games when rbc first loads
any ideas on this?
Are the ROMS actually in the SNES folder or are they in a subfolder called ROMS?

And have you created the .cut files for each of your ROMs? or at least a cuple of them so you can test it.

Can you post me up a copy of your config.xml and helper.py to pastebin? and i'll have a look to see if everything is the same as mine
Hers is my config.xml file
http://pastebin.com/HH63vv4H

and my helper.py file
http://pastebin.com/Nb7N8PXf

The Rompaths I have tried is for a folder with the shortcuts only
<romPath>E:/apps/Emulators/snes/*.cut</romPath>
freezes xbmc

in my ftp app I use the path to my snes roms are /G/Roms/Super Nintendo/

so I just tried <romPath>G:/Roms/Super Nintendo/*.cut</romPath>
which is the folder that has my roms in it including .cut files for them but xbmc still freezes
I want to try this out so bad been working on this for the last 4hrs
Tweak Wrote:<romPath>G:\Testdata V0.5\Collection V1\Roms\*.zip</romPath>
<romPath>E:/Apps/Emulators/SNES/*.cut</romPath>

You will only need the path to your .cut files in this scenario. You can just delete the line with the zip files.

I don't know how xbox handles this but I think you should use "\" instead of "/" ?

If this all does not help please post your xbmc.log when you try to import games.

regards,
malte
Also just to double check that your

.cut files are located here E:\Apps\Emulators\SNES\*.cut

as you also mention a couple of post up the were located in G:\

Also check your .cut files are pointing to your emulator .xbe and are pointing to your correct path to the ROM
sorry I meant G:\Roms\Super Nintendo\
I meant to use the \ instead of the / sorry

here is the last few lines of my xbmc log
15:42:12 M: 37998592 INFO: Loading skin includes from Q:\plugins\programs\Rom Collection Browser\resources\skins\Default\includes.xml
15:42:12 M: 37998592 INFO: Error loading includes.xml file (Q:\plugins\programs\Rom Collection Browser\resources\skins\Default\includes.xml): Failed to open file (row=0, col=0)
15:42:12 M: 37998592 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Init Rom Collection Browser: Q:\plugins\programs\Rom Collection Browser
15:42:12 M: 37998592 NOTICE: Create Tables
15:42:12 M: 37957632 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
15:42:12 M: 37937152 INFO: Loading skin file: DialogProgress.xml
15:42:12 M: 37937152 INFO: Loading skin file: DialogBusy.xml
15:42:12 M: 37933056 DEBUG: Load DialogBusy.xml: 67.71ms
15:42:12 M: 37908480 DEBUG: Load DialogProgress.xml: 71.74ms
15:42:12 M: 37908480 DEBUG: Alloc resources: 69.72ms (69.72 ms skin load, 0.00 ms preload)
this is where it freezes
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20