• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Paybac Wrote:Also just to double check that your

.cut files are located here E:\Apps\Emulators\SNES\*.cut

as you also mention a couple of post up the were located in G:\

Also check your .cut files are pointing to your emulator .xbe and are pointing to your correct path to the ROM
I appreciate all the help with this
E:\Apps\Emulators\SNES\*.cut I just tried for my rompath and yes my .cut files are in there and yes my cut files are working properly I dont see why rbc should be freezing
I wonder if it has something to do with the XBMC build I am running
I am using the t3ch march 10 2010 build r28472
Does RCB launch when you say "No" to the import games question? You should see an empty UI. Just to make sure if it is an error with the import or with loading the UI. You can (try to) import games in the UI, too.

If it is an error with importing the games please post your update.log file. You should find it in RCBs home directory.

AFK now but maybe I can check this tomorrow.
malte Wrote:Does RCB launch when you say "No" to the import games question? You should see an empty UI. Just to make sure if it is an error with the import or with loading the UI. You can (try to) import games in the UI, too.

If it is an error with importing the games please post your update.log file. You should find it in RCBs home directory.

AFK now but maybe I can check this tomorrow.

nope xbmc freezes when i say no to importing games also then i restart my xbox go back to rbc plugin then rbc start but on a empty UI I can chose systems and veiw options but i can not even import settings or import roms in rbc at all i click on em and nothing happens

Paybac, is there anyway you can post your config.xml in pastebin please?
I am about to giveup on this
Sure

http://pastebin.com/CysQY62d

Don't worry about the <descriptionParserfile> i just havnt changed since i was playing around
I give up trying to get this to work
I have even tried rbc0.6a still same thing I wil try this again later on maybe
thanks all for the help

ok I am such a moron I put rbc in my plugins\programs folder
not my scripts folder lmao i am such a moron

ok now it scans everything but when the rbc ui comes up it freezes
and in rcb update.log it is spiting out
RCB_WARNING: No files found for game 3 Ninjas Kick Back. Make sure that file names are matching.
for ever cut file it finds

ok 0.6a does nto work correctly it freezes when you enter the ui after scanning roms
reverted back to 0.5 build and it is working now and sees my games
I apologize for my stupidity

new Problem cant get roms to load in the rbc ui via cut files
it freezes on LaunchingGame

Paybac, have you gotten any roms to launch in rbc? if so how all my cutfiles point to the correct rom and correct emulator paths I am so close to get these to work I dont want to give up now
Yep Roms launch nP using v0.5, I'm using adamx_v3 for coleco and whatever the SNES emulator is. are the games and emulators that you are trying to launch do they work from the programs menu? ie can you go to programs launch the emu then pic and play they game from there?
yes I can go into the emu its self and choose the game to play and it plays fine
I am using znes for the snes emu all my snes cut files work perfectly inside xbmc but not in rbc when i select a game in rbc it freezes on the LaunchingGame
hmmm....

A couple of things, are the game ROMs Zipped? I know all the ones i tested on RCB were not zipped.

If the cuts work fine outside of RCB then my other thought would be that something else is slightly wrong in you config.xml or helper.py

have you got emusolo set to False?

Sorry i can't be to much help i just taking a stab at it, i'm not a guru at this stuff.
can i get yuor config.xml you are using and the helper.py file please?
pastebin is fine I can copy and [ast please I am about to pull my hair out
Config http://pastebin.com/Z8bwKrVY

Helper http://pastebin.com/zrcJanex

Hope helps, excuase the messy config i been trying to get RCB to display video.
But the above config is a working one and it launches games fine and shows boxart no problem
thanks for the help i give up
still does the same thing freezing after selecting rom
Tweak Wrote:still does the same thing freezing after selecting rom

Please post an xbmc.log after launching a rom.

regards,
malte

PS: I am on a trip for some days now. Maybe it takes some time until I can check this.
Hold X+Y as XBMC starts to have debug info added to the log. Won't be much use otherwise.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
I'm not sure if this has been reported yet, but I've noticed a small bug. the database requires that Game.name be unique, but this causes an error when a game with the same name exists on 2 consoles. I have "Alien 3" for NES and SNES, the unique constraint should probably be on name and romCollectionId.
*edit:
I just dropped the table and recreated it with the proper unique constraint and everything works as expected. Here is the new create table SQL:
Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS [Game]
(
    [id] INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT,
    [name] TEXT NOT NULL UNIQUE,
    [description] TEXT,
        [gameCmd] TEXT,
        [alternateGameCmd] TEXT,
    [romCollectionId] INTEGER REFERENCES [RomCollection]
    (
        id
    ),    
    [publisherId] INTEGER REFERENCES [Publisher]
    (
        id
    ),
        [developerId] INTEGER REFERENCES [Developer]
    (
        id
    ),
        [reviewerId] INTEGER REFERENCES [Reviewer]
    (
        id
    ),
    [yearId] INTEGER REFERENCES [Year]
    (
        id
    ),
        [maxPlayers] TEXT,
    [rating] TEXT,
    [numVotes] INTEGER,
        [url] TEXT,
    [region] TEXT,
        [media] TEXT,
    [perspective] TEXT,
    [controllerType] TEXT,
        [isFavorite] INTEGER,
        [launchCount] INTEGER,
        [originalTitle] TEXT,
        [alternateTitle] TEXT,
        [translatedBy] TEXT,
        [version] TEXT,
    UNIQUE (name, romCollectionId)
);
Hey Malte, Hope you had a good trip away for the weekend. I'm currently putting together a little Xbox test pack, Tweak is going to be my test subject and once he confirmed all is good i'll fire it through to you.

On the Xbox video side of things, I am under the impression that the xbox version will not be able to play the game videos in the skin, i believe it may have something to do xbox version of XBMC. Though hopefully someone will be able to state the full reason. I did try everything you suggested in your PM.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20