UPnP / DLNA client in XBMC does not do Fast Forward and Rewind?
Is there any workaround..i am not able to seek ff/rew while using Playon.
I am able to do the same over PS3.
I'm having this problem too. Is there an update yet?

Thanks,
matt
Anyone have some more input on how to fix the issue?

It seems to me that the root of this problem is that XBMC does not know the length of the video. This seems to be causing it to ignore any request to fast forward and rewind.
It'd be useful to at least let the user rewind since XBMC knows how far it can go backward. I understand not allowing FF.

Note that both percentage based seeking and absolute seeking fail.

The trac ticket hasn't been picked up by anyone but is available here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9005
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
bradvido88 Wrote:Anyone have some more input on how to fix the issue?

It seems to me that the root of this problem is that XBMC does not know the length of the video. This seems to be causing it to ignore any request to fast forward and rewind.
It'd be useful to at least let the user rewind since XBMC knows how far it can go backward. I understand not allowing FF.

The trac ticket hasn't been picked up by anyone but is available here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9005

...and it doesn't work in the new Beta either. I was hoping for this.
JeremyWW Wrote:...and it doesn't work in the new Beta either. I was hoping for this.

Any chance of a comment from the developers on this issue?
I'm adding my .02. I use XBMC on AppleTV (gen2) and PlayOn as a uPnP server. FF/RW do not work - XBMC logs show that the commands are received from the remote control but are denied by the uPnP server. That makes me think the problem is on the PlayOn side.
I found this also on the PlayOn Forum: http://support.playon.tv/entries/2077920...and-rewind

Looks like we are out of luck.
disagree, playon link only says that fast forward can be problematic...it says rewind is fine. even ability to rewind last 1min or so would serve really useful when watching video.

for this reason playon is useless with xbmc. unfortunately I don't find many good alternatives that'll work with xbmc

anyone else with possible answers?
Hi there

Very new to this media player, which I have enjoyed.

I have it hooked up with windows xp and a Humax HDR-FOX T2 Freeview+ HD PVR Receiver, which records its files in .ts. The Humax is available as upnp and with windows 7 can be fast forwarded (on wifes' laptop) but on xp no joy.

A real shame as we are all moving in this direction and FF is a must. I having to watch all the warm up to Scot v Eng ruby and all I want is the match, this needs to be sort by euro please!!! (Just joking)

PS The play back is really smooth is there a xbmc for andriod?

Have fun

IanSmile
(2011-12-28, 23:35)bradvido88 Wrote: Anyone have some more input on how to fix the issue?

I am posting here in the off chance anyone has a solution to this issue - there may well be one that I have missed due to my ignorance and poor use of search termsBlush. I have a Humax HDR that I have setup to stream recordings on uPnP. FF/RW/SKIP do not work because (as I understand it) the XBMC client is not getting the overall recording length from the Humax. However, VLC player is able to get this information when streaming, so I guess it's down to differences in how the programs are interogating the Humax. Am running two varients of XBMC, 11.0 Eden on Xubuntu & OpenElec on RPi.
*bump* is there a solution for this yet. I'm using xbmc frodo 12.3 with playon. I can't ff or rw. It isnt working on any device. Other than my xbox360. It doesnt even work on the pc I stream from. Iwould tjink this would be a serious issue for anyone trying to "cut the cord". My wife is breathing down my neck about this.
I haven't tried Gotham yet but I would start there. It definitely doesn't work with Frodo. There have been quite a few UPNP changes so *maybe* it got fixed.
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
Can I just say how much I love xbmc for a sec. Much love to the xbmc community. That being said I may try out plex. As versitle as xbmc is, the features are always buggy or non-functional. Im exhausted with the work arounds. Does anyone here have experience with using upnp to stream video from a scource like hulu?

Let me clarify not saying the plex is better I just want to try it.

I had a thought this afternoon. Is there a way I can record a video as it's being watched on xbmc. So that it will create a video file that I can rewind the same way a dvr does. Or at least select a stream File to record that I can watch later. I would even style for using something like a tv tuner card. I don't believe this works with playlater since it still transcodes the file the same way playon does. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP / DLNA client in XBMC does not do Fast Forward and Rewind?0