• 152(current)
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited
I loved Alaska too. I can only hope this is because he's working on Alaska HD. ;-)
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Try direct - http://db.tt/3UYlGs0k
ah great - thanks!
Thnx Hitcher!
You're a life saver!Big Grin
Does it work with Eden even tough its not yet supported ?
Other than ClearLOGOs not working for me in some views (which im not sure is a problem with just my install), i've not noticed anything which isn't working in Alaska Revisited on Eden. It seems to run as it always has (although I did have to use the direct link above to install rather than the repo).
(2012-04-10, 16:32)Blaxxor Wrote: Does it work with Eden even tough its not yet supported ?

works fine for me in Eden using the install zip here. no complaints whatsoever.
Eden on win7.
Installed from zip.

Minor things missing. Not getting "loading..." indicator, when for example; fetching playlist from youtube in youtube plugin.
Already asked the plugin dev, and it seems to be working on other skins ect.

When using other home styles like icon or horizontal layout; the most right or left item (for example settings). Is not where the scrolling stops. If you keep pressing right you will get the most left item. Basically they are in a carousel instead of going from left to right. Which is "fine", but all the home items exist 2x and the 'copies' don't get bigger when they are selected/highlighted.

OSD video settings is missing the option to use settings on all videos.

After a while of using it fine, i lost the sorting/view screen option in library. So i can't change to sort by name and 'as list' ect.
It's just gone. It seems like it is (sometimes=once a day) getting buttons confused / double. For example pressing right arrow will actually do a right arrow+enter or something. Or it just doesn't like me flying through the menus... Other skins do not seem to have this problem. So as these might be bugs i thought i'd report them.

Some ideas:
More transparent overlay over the video, when using background video visualization.
Home artwork for custom home items. Because they don't fit in with the rest when using home styles like horizontal home layout.

Otherwise huge fan of this skin ofcourse, or i wouldn't bother.

Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
This is wierd. Play Random Episode does not work in eden...
Please read the thread title - 'Alaska Revisited (not 100% Eden compatible)'.
Sorry, just thought you would be trying to fix the small errors.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Any time I spend on this is time not spent on Alaska HD.
Then by all means, don't get distracted. haha.

Just a thought. I added "files" (or rather my files root) to the settings. Like so:
http://i45.tinypic.com/1y7amh.png

Maybe unconventional. I hid everything except youtube, music library, movie library, tv-show library (including settings and all sub menus).
I locked "settings" (that i can still access by pressing "s") with masterlock.
It becomes a very "drunk friends" friendly skin. As they don't have access to anything they can accidentally mess up.

One simple "1234" login to let people know they should not be there. But an easy and fast way to getting me access, also to files.

I say this just because i think guests have too much access if they get into "files". But it is still not something to make a profile for.

Just a thought.

Also, a different way of access to the "sort by/as". Because guests press wrong buttons. Arrow keys should be idiot proof.

Oh and a way to add shutdown() as sub menu under movies for example would be cool.
Can't figure that out... So i'll be asking how to do that in skin questions now, haha.
-edit- Fixed: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...id=1124076
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Download link not working? :/
(2012-06-11, 12:05)rskadk Wrote: Download link not working? :/

Updated the link.
  • 152(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited8