Poster view request with movies
I like using the poster view (wrapped or fixed) but also like to see the synopsis as well. There was a MOD someone put out about a week ago within an already established thread that made this possible, and also added 2 thumbnail pictures as well. For the life of me, I cant find it anywhere on here.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction or have anything similar?

Thanks alot
It was this mod:

This video explains it better, Youtube Link, the video shows the 1st version- though the concept is still the same. The picture below is how it looks now:

***UPDATE***
Duh, changing those extrathumbs to "<control type="largeimage">" smooths out the scrolling. Now it scrolls just like there was no extrathumbs. Download link reflects the change.

It just one .xml, Viewtype_Poster.xml...HERE IS THE DOWNLOAD

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
I forgot the 'largeimage' uses background downloading.
would you just replace the existing viewtype_poster.xml file with the modded file in the skins folder for this to work?
Yep, exactly...If you want to play it safe you can copy the original viewtype_poster.xml to the desktop then overwrite the Alaska one with this mod.

how do you put images in the extra thumbs mine load blank
mcborzu Wrote:it was this mod:

This video explains it better, youtube link, the video shows the 1st version- though the concept is still the same. The picture below is how it looks now:

***update***
duh, changing those extrathumbs to "<control type="largeimage">" smooths out the scrolling. Now it scrolls just like there was no extrathumbs. Download link reflects the change.

It just one .xml, viewtype_poster.xml...here is the download

thats it!!!! Thanks again
This is cool, have you thought of making it move more to the left as there's a lot of wasted space? Also the poster could be a little smaller and in line with the top of the thumbs so the film title is all on one line.

Just constructive criticism, I love Alaska's clean look but liked all the different options of Auriga Multiplex.
mudstuff Wrote:This is cool, have you thought of making it move more to the left as there's a lot of wasted space? Also the poster could be a little smaller and in line with the top of the thumbs so the film title is all on one line.

Just constructive criticism, I love Alaska's clean look but liked all the different options of Auriga Multiplex.

I was trying to think of a way to incorporate extrathumbs yet still keep the Alaska look and fell...not make it too busy with stuff like Aeon

It's not 'wasted space' it's 'white space'.
Fair enough, I'm all for white space, I just thought centering might look better layout wise as it's very heavy on the right hand side, I didn't want any additional info crammed in there Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Poster view request with movies0