[Super noob needs help with iTunes Music Library.xml
Hello Wonderful People,

Great to be a new member of such a creative forum. Spent some time reading the forums and have learned very much thus far.

One issue I am having with the AppleTV is the importing of my iTunes Library that is in Frontrow. The iTunes Library works great while in Frontrow with artwork and all.

How does the iTunes Library.xml file get in the Frontrow folder?

Within XBMC the iTunes plugin locates all the playlist but cannot play any music. I opened the iTunes Library.xml and noticed this path:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Major Version</key><integer>1</integer>
<key>Minor Version</key><integer>1</integer>
<key>Application Version</key><string>9.0.2</string>
<key>Features</key><integer>5</integer>
<key>Music Folder</key><string>file://localhost/Volumes/WD500/My%20Audio/iTunes/</string>
<key>Library Persistent ID</key><string>49C68108A89A1896</string>
<key>Tracks</key>
<dict>

I believe this is my issue since I am trying to access the library that is on the AppleTV HD and not the external WD500.

Shouldn't the path point to the AppleTV?
Can someone please help as I am not sure what the path should be.
I am a noob so I need it really really broken downBig Grin

T.I.A.
Frontrow on the ATV does not actually use the iTunes library on your host, it has its own cryptic way of handling media with its own library management system. So once "synched" with an iTunes host server, the ATV works its magic with the ATV local Frontrow media management system.

I currently know of no reasonable XBMC access of the ATV synched media.

The XBMC iTunes/iPhoto plugins are really targeting the libraries on the host server. There is a bunch of info on these at

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=37313

You will note that the mileage varies on these and there is very little developer support/maintenance at the moment.
AppleTV 3.0.2, iMac 10.6.2, Launcher 3.2.4, (AppleTV Installed with Launcher), SVN: XBMC 9.11 (R26018).
Thank you for the feedback Boseman!

So by using the iTunes plugin are you simply streaming the audio from the another device or is the audio coming from the AppleTV?
The plugins basically read the libraries on the host, build its own library of pointers, then access them from their physical locations for playback in XBMC.
There are some limitations however which are discussed in the thread I mention above. All the detail for how it works, set up, pitfalls, and the like are in that thread (mainly from user experiences such as my own).
AppleTV 3.0.2, iMac 10.6.2, Launcher 3.2.4, (AppleTV Installed with Launcher), SVN: XBMC 9.11 (R26018).
Thanks again Boseman.
Hopefully after reading the thread I will have a better understanding.
Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Super noob needs help with iTunes Music Library.xml0