T! Svn r260
ronie Wrote:oops, yeah...

svn checkout --revision 260 http://transparency-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ Transparency!

downloading the xbmc source would be just as easy, but you'll have to compile it yourself.
download instructions for the xbmc source here:
http://xbmc.org/download/

compile instructions are included in the source (see the README.ubuntu file)

Brilliant, thanks a lot!!! Worked out very well. Just a couple of (new) questions. Your help is appreciated:

1) What should the right location for the skin? I now have /home/user/xbmc folder, but also /home/user/xbmc/xbmc, /home/user/.xbmc, and /usr/share/xbmc.

2) Is the "add-on" folder now the right one to copy the skins to? Any naming convention?

3) Any idea where plugins go with the latest built?

Thanks for your help!!!

Daniel
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:Brilliant, thanks a lot!!! Worked out very well. Just a couple of (new) questions. Your help is appreciated:

1) What should the right location for the skin? I now have /home/user/xbmc folder, but also /home/user/xbmc/xbmc, /home/user/.xbmc, and /usr/share/xbmc.

2) Is the "add-on" folder now the right one to copy the skins to? Any naming convention?

3) Any idea where plugins go with the latest built?

Thanks for your help!!!

Daniel

it depends on what version of xbmc and transparency! you are using.
if you run the latest available of both (post add-on merge) this is how it should be:

1) on linux, the right location for skins is /home/user/.xbmc/addons
2) there's no "official" naming convention, but skin.transparency is what you should be using.
3) plugins should also be installed in the same directory. (/home/user/.xbmc/addons)

but...since you explicitly asked for T! svn r260 i assume you are running a pre-addon version of xbmc.
if that's the case the above doesn't apply.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:it depends on what version of xbmc and transparency! you are using.
if you run the latest available of both (post add-on merge) this is how it should be:

1) on linux, the right location for skins is /home/user/.xbmc/addons
2) there's no "official" naming convention, but skin.transparency is what you should be using.
3) plugins should also be installed in the same directory. (/home/user/.xbmc/addons)

but...since you explicitly asked for T! svn r260 i assume you are running a pre-addon version of xbmc.
if that's the case the above doesn't apply.

Thanks for your quick message. Got everything working with pre-addon, but now actually compiled from SVN to get my hands on the very latest T! skin as well. Love to see how the new DVD covers look like.

So, I compiled successfully XBMC from SVN (built R29769) and it runs. However, I don't get T!. It downloaded well and I have added to "/home/user/.xbmc/addons". I don't know why, but it doesnt show up in XBMC. Also; I am confused aobut the "/home/user/xbmc/" folder and not sure whether I had this one before?

Any thoughts?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
steve1977 Wrote:Thanks for your quick message. Got everything working with pre-addon, but now actually compiled from SVN to get my hands on the very latest T! skin as well. Love to see how the new DVD covers look like.

So, I compiled successfully XBMC from SVN (built R29769) and it runs. However, I don't get T!. It downloaded well and I have added to "/home/user/.xbmc/addons". I don't know why, but it doesnt show up in XBMC. Also; I am confused aobut the "/home/user/xbmc/" folder and not sure whether I had this one before?

Any thoughts?

standard procedure: enable debug log & restart xbmc. post the Debug Log to pastebin. ;-)

oh, i don't have a "/home/user/xbmc/" folder, so no clue as to why you have one.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:oh, i don't have a "/home/user/xbmc/" folder, so no clue as to why you have one.

I am doing a full new install now from scratch. Will take a bit, but should have everything worked out then. Will keep a debug log if the issue remains. I guess that I must have screwed up something when I compiled XBMC from SVN. Can you take a brief look at below whether this looks right? Compared to the one in the WIKI, I had to add "sudo" before "make install" and also had to change directory to "/home/user" before running "./bootstrap".

Thanks for your help!!!

sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude install subversion make g++ gcc gawk pmount libtool nasm automake cmake gperf unzip bison libsdl-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libfribidi-dev liblzo2-dev libfreetype6-dev libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libasound-dev python-sqlite libglew-dev libcurl3 libcurl4-openssl-dev x11proto-xinerama-dev libxinerama-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libmad0-dev libogg-dev libvorbisenc2 libsmbclient-dev libmysqlclient-dev libpcre3-dev libdbus-1-dev libhal-dev libhal-storage-dev libjasper-dev libfontconfig-dev libbz2-dev libboost-dev libfaac-dev libenca-dev libxt-dev libxtst-dev libxmu-dev libpng-dev libjpeg-dev libpulse-dev mesa-utils libcdio-dev libsamplerate-dev libmms-dev libmpeg3-dev libfaad-dev libflac-dev libiso9660-dev libass-dev libssl-dev fp-compiler gdc libwavpack-dev libmpeg2-4-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libmodplug-dev libssh-2-dev gettext cvscd xbmc
svn co https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/trunk/ xbmc

cd /home/user
./bootstrap
./configure

make

sudo make install
steve1977 Wrote:Can you take a brief look at below whether this looks right? Compared to the one in the WIKI, I had to add "sudo" before "make install" and also had to change directory to "/home/user" before running "./bootstrap".

ok, looks like you downloaded the xbmc source in /home/user/xbmc right?
so, cd to that directory before running ./bootstrap.

also, i would pass a prefix to configure: ./configure --prefix=/usr
to install xbmc in it's standard location instead of /usr/local

and yes, you have to use sudo make install, as you have no rights to install anything outside of your home directory.

in case you have any other compiling questions, please ask them in the appropriate subforum (xbmc for linux) ;-)
Thanks for your help. All set and done now running T! in release 260 from SVN.

One question: trailers don't appear to work anymore. The "trailer icon" still shows (now even for those films that don't have a trailer). But when I go to the "trailer button", they don't play anymore. My trailers are saved as "movie-trailer.mp4" or "movie-trailer.flv". Any thoughts? Basically 2 bugs: 1) trailer-item shows for movies without trailer; 2) trailer actually don't play.

Cheers!
check Skin Settings > Scripts > Enable YouTrailer script
it should be set to off (default setting) if you don't use that script.
ronie Wrote:check Skin Settings > Scripts > Enable YouTrailer script
it should be set to off (default setting) if you don't use that script.

Yup, that was it. Thanks! Talking about scripts, I didnt find the AMT setting in r260. Disappeared?
steve1977 Wrote:Yup, that was it. Thanks! Talking about scripts, I didnt find the AMT setting in r260. Disappeared?

true, since you can now make your own submenus, you can add the AMT as a Scripts submenu item yourself.
ronie Wrote:true, since you can now make your own submenus, you can add the AMT as a Scripts submenu item yourself.

Used to have it as a menu (not sub-menu). That's not possible anymore, right? Would be cool to have this back!
Speaking of AMT, you're always in the know of stuff...Is there a AMT version for the merge yet?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
steve1977 Wrote:Used to have it as a menu (not sub-menu). That's not possible anymore, right? Would be cool to have this back!

no, only submenu. unless you mod the skin yourself.
mcborzu Wrote:Speaking of AMT, you're always in the know of stuff...Is there a AMT version for the merge yet?

not that i'm aware of...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
T! Svn r2600