See The Light - two concept screens for feedback
I think the gaps look ok, i just go snow blind looking at it, that's one of the reasons i hate alaska so much.
But it's your concept/skin so do as you see fitNod
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
jmarshall Wrote:Nice. One thing to think about with the movie view is that if you have the focused item on the left, then you can't see what's before it.
That's about the only thing wrong with it.
I'll have to think about that, I really didn't want it in the middle Sad
You could remove the large image from the actual list (but obviously still display it), then simply change the focus position and add an indicator to the selected item.

ie

Looks nice. Nice layout for the homepage and different from what we have see.

My suggestion would be to change the font. Two skins being developed right now with a homepage using very similiar ones.

Good luck on making it come to life!
Looks very nice! White skins look very good on a projector and help keep them cool, I'm a supporter.
One idea

flick00 Wrote:One idea

A little bit too much like this though -

That's a mockup from phyek.
`Black Wrote:That's a mockup from phyek.

nice mockup

Your movie view looks great. Personally I like the white background and the focused cover off to the left. Basic but still very stylish IMO. I wouldn't change a thing.
Hitcher Wrote:You could remove the large image from the actual list (but obviously still display it), then simply change the focus position and add an indicator to the selected item.

Exactly what I was thinking as well. Anyway, this is a great overall concept and it would be easy (relatively speaking) to address the people who prefer darker colors with themes like in Alaska.

Have you started coding this already?
Not a fan of angled covers but apart from that its amazing.
Leeuw Wrote:Exactly what I was thinking as well. Anyway, this is a great overall concept and it would be easy (relatively speaking) to address the people who prefer darker colors with themes like in Alaska.

Have you started coding this already?

Yes I've started coding this already Smile

But, because I'm so new to skinning it's going to take ages Sad

I've got the added problem of trying to code both for Plex AND XBMC at the same time. I mainly use Plex because of it's great iTunes integration but want the skin to work in XBMC as well.

The Movies view is all but done and working in Plex, I've just transferred it over to XBMC though and none of my fixed text is showing up Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
See The Light - two concept screens for feedback0