MP4 playback through XBMC
All,
I have an xbox installed with XBMC, but i cannot succesfully play MP4. I have see quiet a bit of talk about it being the ducks guts as far as quality.
I also receive some movies in this format, but i have to reencode to xvid before i can play them.

MP4 plays, but halts and farts, from what i can tell the xbox isnt up to the playing of them.
Thoughts? Can it play it? or should it be able to play it?
my intial thought is DRM on the files
I'm not an expert on XBOX like others here but I had trouble with the 2-3 .mp4 files I had. In not a codec expert either but the seemed to be same ratio and what not as my .avi's but I always had trouble with .mp4's on XBOX...Now I just 2x check a file is not a .mp4 before downloading.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
yeah well i check both for mkv and mp4 before downloading, but some stuff i dont seem to havea choice. I can reencode, but its a paint, for some reason, Xsilisoft, wont encode direct MP4 to xvid, so i haev to convert to raw avi then to xvid.
I have had problems lately too - I put it down to the old Xbox not having enough grunt.
how about before we all jump to more conclusions you guys actually post debug logs and other stuff needed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MP4 playback through XBMC0