No content types listed and crash on 'scan for new content'
The version I'm using is straight out of the SVN as of about noon, but the reason I updated is that I've been having this problem for a week or more. I don't quite know when it stopped working, but it was at least two weeks ago.

Here's the debug log. I can't see anything useful in it.

http://pastebin.com/kt8jJgS6

So, that log is me doing 'Scan for new Content' on a show, and, bam, instant crash with no information at all. (I am trying to do a core dump, but I can't figure out how in ubuntu. Even with ulimit -c unlimited, I can't figure out where it's putting it.)

In a likely related problem, if I go in to set the set the content...I have no options for what is in the directory. I.e., i can't select 'TV, Movie, or Music Video'. All that is in the list is 'None'. Both for new sources and existing ones.

I've changed themes repeatedly, including to PM, so it's not some weird display issue. And I've checked where you set the defaults. That has no scrapers under each type.

My /usr/local/share/xbmc/system/scrapers/video/ has a bunch of them there that I haven't touched at all. It's a straight 'make install'. Nothing custom at all.

I even figured there might be some broken ones in there, so deleted the out of that directory and did a 'make install' again. No good. Tried 'make uninstall' and then 'make install'. No good.

I then tried moving my databases and started over. Still no good. I added and removed all my sources. Does not work.

Strangely enough, 'Update library' does not crash on me. It does not add new things because the type isn't set, but does not crash.
Currently make install doesn't install the addons I think?

All scrapers are now in the addons folder.

Obviously if you can grab that backtrace it can make finding and fixing the crash problem a lot easier - clearly we want that fixed if there are no addons there. Please try and obtain this BEFORE fixing your issue.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Looking in /usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/

I see a bunch of .scraper files in there, presumably installed with make install, as I had deleted all of /usr/local/share/xbmc/ earlier and reinstalled as part of debugging.

I would find it somewhat odd if 'make install' did not actually install a usable copy of xbmc on purpose.
Switch back to confluence skin go into settings\addons and enable the scrapers you want to use then go back to using the other skin you use
And, I feel I have to point out, that was extremely unintuitive. I've never had to do anything with 'addons' before.

Nor do I quite I see why I can't select a type if there are no scrapers for it. Surely it would be a bit more logical to let people select 'TV Show' and then, in the scraper selection area, display something saying 'No scrapers activated, enable in Addons'.

And crashing is still a bug.

And, as I have another problem, instead of spending days trying to figure something else out when it turns out the devs has just...um...removed the all the scrapers by default, or whatever else they've decided to do...

Why do I appear to have no 'Plugin' option listed as a source, at all, for Video, Music, or Programs? To clarify, I'm not missing the plugins themselves, I'm missing the actual source where I could even try to add them. For all three. For all skins I have.

Is there somewhere I need to go to make *that* work like it used to?

Is there any documentation that is actually up to date that contains this information?
did it ever occour to you that we put a big fat warning on the homepage for a friggan reason? give us time to work, go whine elsewhere.
Considering that the main page advises you against building svn until the addon merge is complete I don't think you have much room to bitch.
You're experiencing issues with incomplete and possibly buggy settings as they are slowly being added to the main branch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No content types listed and crash on 'scan for new content'0