MPC-HC External Player DXVA playback
Guys, I m a total noob with XBMC. I just dled the official 9.11XBMC version and I want to use MPC-HC as external player for all my content.

Can someone point my in the right direction how to config everything correctly? I use W7 x64.

cheers
Don't dream your life, live your dream
THX-UltraII Wrote:Guys, I m a total noob with XBMC. I just dled the official 9.11XBMC version and I want to use MPC-HC as external player for all my content.

Can someone point my in the right direction how to config everything correctly? I use W7 x64.

cheers

Sorry don't mean to be rude - but are you serious. You've just posted in a thread titled "MPC-HC External Player DXVA Playback" - did you even look at the first page No
I got it working but MPC produces a lot of flickering with certain x.264 files. I updated ffdshow but no luck and tried a bunch of settings with MPC. Oddly enough, if I go to close MPC by clicking the X, with X pressed in, the playback is perfect. Huh

In other media players like VLC, it works fine.
Brad P Wrote:I got it working but MPC produces a lot of flickering with certain x.264 files. I updated ffdshow but no luck and tried a bunch of settings with MPC. Oddly enough, if I go to close MPC by clicking the X, with X pressed in, the playback is perfect. Huh

In other media players like VLC, it works fine.

So have you set ffdshow as an external filter in mpc set-up. if not the app will use its internal filters. If you want to choose something other than the internal filters you will have to include ffdshow as an external filter and uncheck the internal filter config (setting up ffdshow to play the correct file types in ffdshow config).
steelman1991 Wrote:So have you set ffdshow as an external filter in mpc set-up. if not the app will use its internal filters. If you want to choose something other than the internal filters you will have to include ffdshow as an external filter and uncheck the internal filter config (setting up ffdshow to play the correct file types in ffdshow config).

Awesome...I got it! Thanks!
Windows XP - Everything with the external player works perfectly. But when I get back to xbmc I am getting maybe 5 frames a second. It's usable but very slow to get around. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
sarzec Wrote:Windows XP - Everything with the external player works perfectly. But when I get back to xbmc I am getting maybe 5 frames a second. It's usable but very slow to get around. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using fullscreen autochanger in mpc-hc? If so might want to troubleshoot from there - I never actually managed to get this functioning correctly. Perhaps it isn't reverting to screen resolution after stopping playback?
steelman1991 Wrote:Are you using fullscreen autochanger in mpc-hc? If so might want to troubleshoot from there - I never actually managed to get this functioning correctly. Perhaps it isn't reverting to screen resolution after stopping playback?

Yep, that was the issue. All is good now, just had to tweak the audio settings a bit. Hardware acceleration, dts/ac3 passthru, movie library... I'm in heaven! Thank you very much for the instructions for doing this and the suggestion, i greatly appreciate it!
Hi to everyone! I'm totaly noob on XBMC and I would like to know if istructions on first page can work on XBMC official 9.11.
If I would try it, and it doesn't works, how can I restore "default" settings? Simply deleting the 3 files listed on first page?
Thanks a lot. Smile
maxime Wrote:Hi to everyone! I'm totaly noob on XBMC and I would like to know if istructions on first page can work on XBMC official 9.11.
If I would try it, and it doesn't works, how can I restore "default" settings? Simply deleting the 3 files listed on first page?
Thanks a lot. Smile

If you currently have an advancedsettings.xml file just rename that to something else. Then create a new one with teh infor from the first page. If you want to go back just put your old advancedsettings.xml back.

steelman,
You have a typo on the first page. Since this is a step by step you might want to go ver the whole thing really quick. I didn't read it all just noticed this:
"3. C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\advancedset tings"

Filename is a bit messy. Could kill the space and put the extension at the end.
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
SlaveUnit Wrote:If you currently have an advancedsettings.xml file just rename that to something else. Then create a new one with teh infor from the first page. If you want to go back just put your old advancedsettings.xml back.

steelman,
You have a typo on the first page. Since this is a step by step you might want to go ver the whole thing really quick. I didn't read it all just noticed this:
"3. C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\advancedset tings"

Filename is a bit messy. Could kill the space and put the extension at the end.

SlaveUnit mate if you have a way to amend that let me know, wasn't a deliberate typo - lol. I've tried all sorts of permutations to kill the space and nothing works (looks fine in edit mode, but as soon as I commit the change a space is added in the same place every time) - must be some form of corruption in there. Agree though about the file extension. Will amend.
maxime Wrote:Hi to everyone! I'm totaly noob on XBMC and I would like to know if istructions on first page can work on XBMC official 9.11.
Thanks a lot. Smile

Just overwrite the installation from your original 9.11 executable - then carry out SlaveUnits instructions to revert to the original advancedsettings.xml if you previously had one.
I have mpc as an external player in xbmc. I have resume files on. How can I set it up to play from the start if I want to instead of resuming from last played. If I press stop/exit mpc is shutdown and I am returned to xbmc. I have a harmony if that helps with programming.
One of life's great mysteries and the answer is I don't think you can. It was a setting I never used, after I realised that there was no way to override and start from beginning. Sorry I realise this won't be the answer you're looking for.

Since the Dharma beta releases I don't even use an external player for playback. Everything plays flawlessly in xbmc. Other than access to HD Audio I don't see amy reason to continue using an external player.
hi

Hi, I just started using xbmc and wanted to use mpc-hc as an external player so I can bitstream hd audio. I have inserted the new playercorefactory file but I can't seem to get mpc-hc to load. I have tried many times to no avail with two different skins...transparency and confluence. can someone help me with this? Tia.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPC-HC External Player DXVA playback1