• 24(current)
[MOD] BIG Alaska
Wow Amra, this is a really cool mod. I have a 42'' Plasma TV and it looks really great on it. You really did a superb job here. Congrats!
I'm planning to move over to Eden (beta).

Will Big Alaska still work? Has anybody tried yet? Smile
anandus Wrote:I'm planning to move over to Eden (beta).

Will Big Alaska still work? Has anybody tried yet? Smile
I'm not sure but if it does not then you may want to give Metropolis a try (see my signature). It was also designed to offer large text (not quite as large as this skin, though) and uses some of the same views. It is still a work in progress but is being updated for Eden by stoli.
Thanks for the reply. I will check it out Smile
(Although first I'll try Big Alaska, I find it hard to convince my girlfriend to try different skins, she absolutely loves it!)
Please, how can I make in library mode - list view, background fanart more visible - change dim ? Thanks Alda
Easily the best skin, thanks.

I have a question though, right now I have the background of my homescreen set to rotate between a bunch of images in a folder. Is there any way I can set the speed at which it switches images? Is there a .txt or .xml file I can edit? Because I can't find it in in the settings.

I would greatly appreciate the help.
(2012-11-28, 00:29)eirtep Wrote: Easily the best skin, thanks.

I have a question though, right now I have the background of my homescreen set to rotate between a bunch of images in a folder. Is there any way I can set the speed at which it switches images? Is there a .txt or .xml file I can edit? Because I can't find it in in the settings.

I would greatly appreciate the help.

Hello & I didn't think anyone was still using BIG Alaska anymore. Does it still work okay on Eden (XBMC 11) or are you still using Dharma (XBMC 10)? Anyway, I'm glad someone still likes it & I will try my best to help you. To be honest, though, I had to re-download the skin as I don't even have it on my computer anymore. I am currently using a tweaked version of Metropolis 2.0 on Eden.

Well, first off, which home style are you using? I am going to presume you are using either Home3 or Home4 style. If you are using Home1 (Panels) or Home2 (Icons), then let me know and I will look thru the code for those two.

Now, for either Home3 or Home4 styles you will want to edit the "Includes_Home_3.xml" or "Includes_Home_4.xml" files located in the skin's 720p folder (I use Notepad++). I would make a backup copy of the files just in case. Towards the top of each xml file you should see 3 Multiimage controls (search for "<control type="multiimage">" to easily find them).

In each control section you should find the following code:

Code:
            <timeperimage>14000</timeperimage>
            <randomize>true</randomize>

The "timeperimage" is in milliseconds (currently set at 14 seconds per image), change that as needed and you should be able to turn off the image randomization by changing the "true" to "false".

Hope that helps. Wink

PS: I tried to answer your PM but you had PM's turned off in your forum settings.
Hi there, I can confirm that still works okay in Eden, recently installed to check it with ubuntu 12.04 and eden stable from software center.

Just a quick question .

I have edit the includes_home4, in order to change some items path (like movies, videos) and use them in files mode (very easy, just add the folder to favourites and then copy the path from favourites.xml and change in step off the default path of the item), but some of the views (like fixed or wrap) when you are at the beginning at my collection (you know the icon with a disk image and an arrow) it displays the text "movie set" , See pictures below:

. Then when you are at the movie it is replaced by the movie info details (minutes, genre...).

Is there anyway to hide "movie set" text ?

Thanks in advance
Obviously, make a backup copy of BIG Alaska's 720p folder first, just in case you want to revert your changes. Then you will want to search thru all the "Viewtype_*.xml" files for "$LOCALIZE[20338] $LOCALIZE[20141]" to easily find the code for the "Movie Set" text. You should find something similar to the following from the Viewtype_Poster.xml file:
Code:
<control type="label">
    <posx>338</posx>
    <posy>450</posy>
    <width>590</width>
    <height>24</height>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
    <font>Font_Date</font>
    <textcolor>InfoYear</textcolor>
    <label>[B]$LOCALIZE[20338] $LOCALIZE[20141][/B]</label>
    <visible>Container.Content(movies) + IsEmpty(ListItem.Genre) + IsEmpty(ListItem.VideoResolution)</visible>
</control>

If you are using Eden then you can replace the <label> as well as the <visible> condition for each instance in order to tidy things up. the correct label should be:
Code:
<label>[B]$LOCALIZE[31313][/B]</label>
This wasn't an available label when BIG Alaska was created for Dharma.

And the correct visible condition that seems to work in Metropolis (and should work if you are using this skin in Eden) would be:
Code:
<visible>Container.Content(movies) + SubString(ListItem.Path,videodb://1/7)</visible>

Try these changes in each of the "Viewtype_*.xml" files and see if that works.
Dear Amra,

Thank you for your support, I have tried to replace the two lines of code as you suggested, but without sucess. Finally, and after you point me to correct localize codes, I thought that maybay it was only just to delate something from the code.
So, I have delated the content of the following line:
<font>Font_Date</font> to <font></font>, save the viewtype. xml file and it works! here you have the result:

and still it displays the info when you are at the movie

Once more, thank you for your support!!!!

Also, I would like to make a small mod for this view (pictures above), I'm not a skinner and do not know how to do it, so maybe if you do not mind you can help me how to do it.

I would like to put the movie tittle, genre and minutes higher in order to add the plot.

Thanks in advanceBig Grin

• 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] BIG Alaska3