• 7(current)
[MOD] BIG Alaska
I've looked and looked, but can't figure out a way to activate watched tags in this mod. Is that feature missing, or am I just being kinda dumb today?
ECEC Wrote:I've looked and looked, but can't figure out a way to activate watched tags in this mod. Is that feature missing, or am I just being kinda dumb today?
It's the same as regular Alaska:

Settings > Alaska > Views

then toggle "Show Movie Status" and/or "Show TV Status"
Amra Wrote:It's the same as regular Alaska:

Settings > Alaska > Views

then toggle "Show Movie Status" and/or "Show TV Status"

Yep, it was me being dumb. Smile Sorry about that!
Amra Wrote:An updated version is linked in Post#1. Here are the changes which include some bug fixes & Option changes:

- Fixed Fanart & Panel views returning to beginning of list after watching a video
- Fixed info screen images (Posters & Fanart) not changing when doing actor search & selecting different movie
- Fixed banner.jpg images not always showing (Thanks mcborzu)
- Fixed Set fanart not showing when using Landscape view with Extrathumbs option on
- Removed a couple BIG Alaska options for views and made the viewtypes part of normal menu selection
- Removed "option" to use jpg images. This is now required for various viewtypes to display properly (See instructions/explanation in post#1)

- Increased icon size in Panel Wide view (Formerly showed 16 small panels, now shows 9 larger panels with 16:9 aspect)
- Tweaked TV Fanart View for Seasons
- Added a new color theme (Green Mosaic)
- Added/fixed a few studio logos
- Added Movie Set flag

I've been using this version all evening & am pretty happy with it. I don't plan on making any more changes (unless it's to fix a showstopping bug) until after XBMC 10.5 is released. That looks like it will require Alaska to be updated by Hitcher & then I will obviously incorporate those changes.

Enjoy.

Thanks for all your hard work.
IamLegend Wrote:Thanks for all your hard work.
You're welcome & let me know if you have any more issues with switching movies when doing an actor search. BTW, note that the Info screen fanart changes along with the poster now. That may not seem like much to the experienced modders around here but I'm really just starting & I was proud of myself for figuring that one out. Big Grin
Thanks for the great mod Amra! Been using it for about a week now and love not having to squint to read plots and such(or pull out my reading glasses).

Awesome!

Love some of the added views and info as well.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Kevin
Amra Wrote:Here you go.

Gents, how to enable this case in the views?
sircube Wrote:Gents, how to enable this case in the views?
I'm sorry but that isn't part of my mod. Someone saw it in my screenshots & requested a copy.

I don't have very many Blu-rays so I just combine it outside of XBMC in a paint program by resizing the movie poster to the size of the opening and then overlaying the template on it. After that, I just change the thumb in xbmc to the new jpg.
hi, is it in someway somehow possible to remove "music" from home in "home style 1" ??

thanks for your help ; )
cbierwirth Wrote:hi, is it in someway somehow possible to remove "music" from home in "home style 1" ??

thanks for your help ; )
Unfortunately, not very easily. The code for Home1 is very complicated & I don't feel very confident at this time that I wouldn't just totally screw up Home1 if I tried. Sorry.
Amra Wrote:You're welcome & let me know if you have any more issues with switching movies when doing an actor search. BTW, note that the Info screen fanart changes along with the poster now. That may not seem like much to the experienced modders around here but I'm really just starting & I was proud of myself for figuring that one out. Big Grin

Everything works great now! You did a great job. Did you have to change alot of code to fix it? I don't know much about coding but If its not to complicated and if you dont mind helping out a fellow begginer would you mind posting what you changed? I would like to try to apply your fix to the default Alaska since I still use that one in my livingroom. Unless there's been an update I don't know about Hitcher fixed the issue in poster view but not the other views.
IamLegend Wrote:Everything works great now! You did a great job. Did you have to change alot of code to fix it? I don't know much about coding but If its not to complicated and if you dont mind helping out a fellow begginer would you mind posting what you changed? I would like to try to apply your fix to the default Alaska since I still use that one in my livingroom. Unless there's been an update I don't know about Hitcher fixed the issue in poster view but not the other views.
I think Hitcher worked on the other views in "Revisted" but not "Final".

As far as what code I changed, well it involved a lot of files so I don't know if it would be very easy to explain. Basically, I had to remove the video info screen image code from each viewtype xml it was listed in and then create a new include in Includes.xml with code for each possible viewtype. Needless to say, BIG Alaska has changed some viewtypes and added more so the code would not work directly if popped into Alaska Final. After that, I modified DialogVideoInfo.xml to "include" that code as well as to load the fanart for the movie that was pulled up from the search.

Maybe I can take a look at applying my fix to Alaska Final this weekend and either post the code changes or better yet, entice Hitcher to include the fixes in github. I can't make any definite promises on this weekend but I will try if I get enough free time.
hi,

quick question...is it possible to remove the first button in a library in your mod...the one with which you can go kinda "back" ?

here's a screen (even it's not from my xbmc)

i mean the first one..the arrow thingy

thanks again for your help
cbierwirth Wrote:hi,

quick question...is it possible to remove the first button in a library in your mod...the one with which you can go kinda "back" ?

here's a screen (even it's not from my xbmc)

i mean the first one..the arrow thingy

thanks again for your help
That's an XBMC setting. In Alaska go to:

Settings > Appearance > File Lists

and uncheck "Show Parent Folder Items"
oh..that was way easier than i thought....thanks ; )
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] BIG Alaska3