• 18(current)
[MOD] BIG Alaska
odt_x Wrote:Looks just so good. When can we expect a release? Dying to merge it with my homebrew SVN repo Wink
Thanks & probably sometime this week. I've got one more thing to finish up & I am also testing it out a little.
Good work, looks very cool
Amra Wrote:Thanks & probably sometime this week. I've got one more thing to finish up & I am also testing it out a little.

Possible to get episode info in landscape view ? Like in revisited Rolleyes
ynwa
gekados Wrote:Possible to get episode info in landscape view ? Like in revisited Rolleyes
Things are kind of tight in that view with the enlarged focused image but I played around with adding the plot text horizontally (as in Revisited) below the episode title but it showed less text than where I have it in the screenshot below.

I've added it there as an option (under the BIG Alaska settings) since I don't really think it fits very well, but it will be there in the upcoming update if you want to turn on the option.
Hey Amra,
absolutely love this skin, so thanks to you for all your all hard work. Just one very minor problem i seem to be having is 540p and 576p DVD's not having a flag when using this style:
any advice would be greatly appreciated if you know how i could get this working
thanks again
kdal Wrote:Hey Amra,
absolutely love this skin, so thanks to you for all your all hard work. Just one very minor problem i seem to be having is 540p and 576p DVD's not having a flag...
I don't think that is a problem with just that view style but rather a missing graphic & bit of code in regards to the original Alaska Media Panels. I tested it on my computer and was able to recreate the error with 576 resolution files but everything appeared okay with the 540 file I tested. Anyway, I did a quick fix that will be included in the upcoming update. Thanks for letting me know about the error, I would not have noticed it as I don't use the Media Flag Panels anymore. Big Grin
If anyone else has noticed any bugs, please let me know. I can't guarantee I can fix them but I will certainly try. I'd like to upload a new version sometime this week and would like that to be the last version for a good while. I'd like to just sit back & watch some TV, plus football season's coming up.

My main objectives with this upcoming version were the revamped Video Info and the new homestyles. I've also fixed a few more bugs that Ive found but now is a good time to fix any others that maybe I don't know about. Here is a list of changes/additions/fixes that I've done so far for the new version of BIG Alaska:

- Redesigned Home3. It now has a left aligned vertical menu and includes random video fanart
- Added a 4th Home Style that is horizontal with submenus and random video fanart
- Both Home3 & Home4 display your video library fanart by default but have the option to use a custom backdrops folder
- Added a "Clear Overlay" option for Home3 & Home4 (just for fun). Home4 is very "Aeonish" with this enabled.
- Changed Home Statistics option to be the same for all Home menus
- Changed Weather screen slightly for better visibility of Current conditions
- Changed format of Video Info screen to include options menu and eliminate a lot of the lines.
- Added a "Simple Video Info" option with no Director/Writer/Actor info
- Added more studio logos
- Added French translation (Thanks/Credit to nerve)
- Added optional plot text to Landscape TV Episode view
- Fixed formatting error in FileBrowser.xml
- Fixed more Linux capitalization errors re: scroll bars
- Fixed error with 576 resolution flag when using media flag panels

If all goes well, look for an update later this week.
I noticed a small bug with the currently released version.

When updating the library or scanning or whatever, the indicator dialogs can be covered by other dialogs such as Add-Ons updated, script errors, etc.

Basically, seems like the info areas overlap. Not on my XBMC machine right now, but if the description was unclear I will post a screenie when I get home.
I would love to see this as a setting in the skin: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=577...tcount=227 Nod
ralob Wrote:I noticed a small bug with the currently released version.

When updating the library or scanning or whatever, the indicator dialogs can be covered by other dialogs such as Add-Ons updated, script errors, etc.

Basically, seems like the info areas overlap. Not on my XBMC machine right now, but if the description was unclear I will post a screenie when I get home.
Yeah, I've noticed that a few times but always forget to look into it as it happens rarely to me. Thanks for reminding me & I'll try to track it down this week.
pouldam Wrote:I would love to see this as a setting in the skin: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=577...tcount=227 Nod
That's not really something I could easily make into any kind of custom setting. The easiest way to achieve more visible fanart throughout the skin would be to modify the color setting as I had posted previously. Also, you have to be careful about making the fanart too visible because then the text will become less legible.

If you want home page fanart without any faded overlay (in an Aeon style), then I think you will be happy with the new home style#4 with the "Clear Overlay" option turned on in the upcoming new version. Below, is a sneak peek showing the submenu and with the "Home Statistics" option enabled. I started doing this just for fun but think it turned out pretty okay & is now my default home choice. Big Grin

Amra Wrote:That's not really something I could easily make into any kind of custom setting. The easiest way to achieve more visible fanart throughout the skin would be to modify the color setting as I had posted previously. Also, you have to be careful about making the fanart too visible because then the text will become less legible.

If you want home page fanart without any faded overlay (in an Aeon style), then I think you will be happy with the new home style#4 with the "Clear Overlay" option turned on in the upcoming new version. Below, is a sneak peek showing the submenu and with the "Home Statistics" option enabled. I started doing this just for fun but think it turned out pretty okay & is now my default home choice. Big Grin

yes, it's quite sweet!!
nerve Wrote:I've made for my wife a French translation.
Here is the first version :
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/103193/atv/French.zip

Some items in bigAlaska specific configuration aren't translated;
Is there another file to translate ?
really looking forward to seeing home style 4 in action Smile
ynwa
My TV posters are showing up as vertically stretched banners. Movie posters are just fine.

I have posters by default checked in the TVDB.com settings, and I manually put a landscape.jpg and banner.jpg in each folder. There is also the poster.jpg file as well.

I then tried rebuilding the entire database by scratch, by erasing MyVideos.db and Textures.db from the userdata/databases folder, as well as the entire thumbs directory.

I still get the stretched banners.

Any ideas? Search finds one person with the same issue on another skin but no answers.

EDIT:
Ok, of course I figured it out.

I had "banner" images as my folder.jpg files from a previous scrape or something. Manually renaming a "poster" image to folder.jpg fixed it.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] BIG Alaska3