• 19(current)
[MOD] BIG Alaska
Rename poster.jgp to folder.jgp, that should fix it. You'll have to rescan everything though, If you don't select the thumbs manually.

coregis Wrote:My TV posters are showing up as vertically stretched banners. Movie posters are just fine.

I have posters by default checked in the TVDB.com settings, and I manually put a landscape.jpg and banner.jpg in each folder. There is also the poster.jpg file as well.

I then tried rebuilding the entire database by scratch, by erasing MyVideos.db and Textures.db from the userdata/databases folder, as well as the entire thumbs directory.

I still get the stretched banners.

Any ideas? Search finds one person with the same issue on another skin but no answers.

EDIT:
Ok, of course I figured it out.

I had "banner" images as my folder.jpg files from a previous scrape or something. Manually renaming a "poster" image to folder.jpg fixed it.
ynwa
nerve Wrote:Some items in bigAlaska specific configuration aren't translated;
Is there another file to translate ?
No, sorry but those items haven't been localized and will have to wait for a future update.
NEW VERSION POSTED

See post#1 for the download link. Here are the changelog details if anyone is interested. This will probably be the last version for a while, barring any bug fixes of course.

- Added more icons to Home2 that can be enabled/disabled via the Home options
- Redesigned Home3. It now has a left aligned vertical menu and includes random video fanart
- Added a 4th Home Style that is horizontal with submenus
- Added a "Clear Overlay" option for Home3 & Home4 (just for fun)
- Changed Home Statistics option to be the same for all Home menus (unless Home4 Clear Overlay is enabled)
- Changed Weather screen slightly for better visibility of Current conditions
- Redesigned the Video Info screen to include options menu and eliminate a lot of the lines.
- Added a "Simple Video Info" option
- Fixed formatting error in FileBrowser.xml
- Fixed more Linux capitalization errors re: scroll bars
- Fixed error with 576 resolution flag when using media flag panels
- Added more studio logos
- Added French translation (Thanks/Credit to nerve)
- Added Danish translation (Thanks/Credit to StefanM)
- Added optional plot text to Landscape TV Episode view
- Changed some OSD colors in Stencil theme for better visibility
- Increased font size for OSD seekbar times and added some contrasting colors for bottom of screen info
- Increased the size of Video OSD menu buttons slightly
- Updated DialogKaiToast.xml with some code from Revisited in effort to eliminate overlapping alert notices (Thanks/Credit to Hitcher)
- Fixed a few Dreamworks studio logos
Hi Amra,

First of all, thanks for your wonderful job with BIG Alaska. I cannot user another skin now that I have this one.

I am currently running XBMC 9.11. I've seen that you have posted a new version of the skin, but only for Dharma.

Are you planning to backport this latest release to Camelot? I can't wait for the latest changes you have implemented, and I don't really want to come back to git and compilations to see it live.

Many thanks!
Amra, could you give me some pointers to make submenus in home style 4 always visible? (so i don't have to click on down to see the submenu)

I've already modified the includes to always show the background image for the sub menus but it seems to me i have to modify the layout of the wraplist for the main menu. Am I correct?

ZIOLele
regarding home style 4.
Is it possible to have seperate background images depending on section, if thshows is focused then 1 image, if movies are focused, then another etc ?

Can't seem to find out how, i can add a dir, but that will affect all sections ?

Otherwise, homestyle 4 is really nice !
ynwa
ZIOLele Wrote:Amra, could you give me some pointers to make submenus in home style 4 always visible? (so i don't have to click on down to see the submenu)

I've already modified the includes to always show the background image for the sub menus but it seems to me i have to modify the layout of the wraplist for the main menu. Am I correct?

ZIOLele
Edit your Includes_Home_4.xml file (back it up first, just in case) and search for "<!-- Submenus -->" to take you to the relevant code. Next (It sounds like you've already done this, but in case anyone else wants to), go about 10 or 11 lines down and find:
Code:
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(HomeClearOverlay) + ControlGroup(9001).HasFocus</visible>
change this to:
Code:
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(HomeClearOverlay)</visible>
Now for what you asked, keep looking lower and in each submenu section you will find a line of code similar to this from the programs/addons submenu section:
Code:
<visible>Container(300).HasFocus(1)</visible>
Just delete this line to make the sumenu buttons always visible. The only thing that will change for each submenu section will be the "HasFocus() number.

Stop when you reach the "<!-- Clear Overlay Home Stats - Videos -->" section.

Let me know if that works.

[EDIT] It didn't. Confused
@[url=http://forum.xbmc.org/member.php?action=profile&uid=72108][/url]graunykho
I'll have to see how easy that would be since some of the new changes include code for Addons, etc. I'll get back to you...

@gekados
Thanks & I originally tried to do it that way (like Aeon) but was doing something wrong with the code to where there would not be a smooth transition of the fanart between menu items so I ended up going the easier route like I've done which I tend to personally like anyway.

Just for you, though, I can take another look at and if successful, post the changed files here. Big Grin
Amra Wrote:Edit your Includes_Home_4.xml file (back it up first, just in case) and search for "<!-- Submenus -->" to take you to the relevant code. Next (It sounds like you've already done this, but in case anyone else wants to), go about 10 or 11 lines down and find:
Code:
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(HomeClearOverlay) + ControlGroup(9001).HasFocus</visible>
change this to:
Code:
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(HomeClearOverlay)</visible>
Now for what you asked, keep looking lower and in each submenu section you will find a line of code similar to this from the programs/addons submenu section:
Code:
Just delete this line to make the sumenu buttons always visible. The only thing that will change for each submenu section will be the "HasFocus() number.

Stop when you reach the "<!-- Clear Overlay Home Stats - Videos -->" section.

Let me know if that works.

Nope, it doesn't work... if i do that when i press down i see all submenus at once, all on top of each others.
The fact that i don't understand is why i have to press down to show the submenus, since the visible condition is
Code:
it shoud be only necessary to have focused the first element of the container with id 300.... Am I right?
ZIOLele Wrote:Nope, it doesn't work... if i do that when i press down i see all submenus at once, all on top of each others.
Whoops, I didn't think about that happening.

Quote:The fact that i don't understand is why i have to press down to show the submenus, since the visible condition is
Code:
it shoud be only necessary to have focused the first element of the container with id 300.... Am I right?
I hate to say it but I'm not sure if I know how to do what you are asking. Sad I just figured out how to do the submenus the way I did (still learning so I'm happy I got that far). Perhaps someone else who may be reading this can chime in with a solution.
Quote:@gekados
Thanks & I originally tried to do it that way (like Aeon) but was doing something wrong with the code to where there would not be a smooth transition of the fanart between menu items so I ended up going the easier route like I've done which I tend to personally like anyway.

Just for you, though, I can take another look at and if successful, post the changed files here. Big Grin

Hi Amra.

Aprreciate it, you're always trying to fix everything people requests Smile
Was just wondering if the option was there and I'd missed it. Don't spend time on this, i'll just change the pics in media/home4 manually to suit me Smile
Seperat artwork folders/section would be really nice though Rolleyes
ynwa
Amra Wrote:NEW VERSION POSTED

Just Whoua, wonderful jobs !!
Many thanks
New update is rad!!! Smile

A couple of things:

1. Media Info List seems to hide the very last item on the list. Maybe the media flags at the bottom are cutting it off?

2. In the options for Homestyle 3, there's a misspelling close to the bottom: "Hode Suspend". No biggie.

3. Hitting Exit from Tv Shows or Movies used to take you back to the home screen, but now it jumps up levels (TV Shows > Exit, and you see Genres, Titles, etc as opposed to the home menu). Is this intentional, or is there a way I can change it?

Still playing around, but I love it! Homestyle 3 isthe new hotness. Smile
Amra Wrote:@[url=http://forum.xbmc.org/member.php?action=profile&uid=72108][/url]graunykho
I'll have to see how easy that would be since some of the new changes include code for Addons, etc. I'll get back to you...

@gekados

I'd love this too! but no rush, its no biggy. this version is aweosme
ECEC Wrote:New update is rad!!! Smile

A couple of things:

1. Media Info List seems to hide the very last item on the list. Maybe the media flags at the bottom are cutting it off?

2. In the options for Homestyle 3, there's a misspelling close to the bottom: "Hode Suspend". No biggie.

3. Hitting Exit from Tv Shows or Movies used to take you back to the home screen, but now it jumps up levels (TV Shows > Exit, and you see Genres, Titles, etc as opposed to the home menu). Is this intentional, or is there a way I can change it?

Still playing around, but I love it! Homestyle 3 isthe new hotness. Smile

Thanks!

1. Good catch, I hadn't noticed that before. I'll work on a fix.

2. Whooops, sumtimez I'mm all thumbss. Big Grin I'll check it out.

3. Which home style are you talking about? I'm guessing Home3. If that is the case, you can change that by editing the Includes_Home_3.xml file. Go down to about line#128 and you will find the code for all the menu items.

If you want to change Movies to return back to the main menu, then look for this block of code:
Code:
<item id="4">
                    <description>Movies</description>
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[342]</label>
                    <icon>home4/movies.jpg</icon>
                    <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,movietitles)</onclick>
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(nomovies)</visible>
                </item>
and change "ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,movietitles)" to "ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,movietitles,return)"

basically, any menu item you want to make return back to the main menu, just add ",return" as in the example given.

That's it & thanks for the kind words.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] BIG Alaska3