How to keep control of XBMC
I'm having troubles trying to figure out how to maintain control of XBMC when my girlfriend is using the computer. If I am watching something and it stops or I have to pause it I have to ask her to click on XBMC and not do anything until I'm done with it. I cant afford a revo or anything so its 1 PC for now. It gets annoying anyone have any solutions?
Presumably you'd like to be able to control XBMC (with a remote?) when it doesn't have the focus. If so HIP (http://www.byremote.com.au/HIP/) has been suggested in this forum. I think EventGhost can do this as well.

JR
I have XBMC set up on my living room PC with an LCD TV connected as a second monitor and have had good success using EventGhost with my original Xbox DVD remote(which is a great bargain by the way if you have some basic soldering skills to wire up the IR receiver, I got mine for less than $5 shipped). EventGhost is very flexible(not to mention free!) and its XBMC plugin can send commands from the remote straight to XBMC whether its window has focus or not and without affecting any other running programs. I disabled mouse input in the XBMC settings so that stray mouse movements and clicks are ignored and also have EventGhost set to start XBMC with high priority to ensure smooth playback when someone does something CPU intensive from the main monitor. I was originally using a second wireless mouse to control XBMC from the couch but the remote has proven to be a much better solution. I have to admit, I do miss the occasional mouse battles though Big Grin
Thanks for the replies Ill try these out

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to keep control of XBMC0