[Windows] Windows 7 playback in last nightly
Hi. I think the issue I am having deals with my relatively new hardware. I am using Windows 7 x64 Pro and I have a an ATI Radeon HD 5870 directX 11 graphics card (hoping to some day play BDrips with uncompressed audio..). I use that to play 1080p24 through HDMI and bitstream audio.

The latest Stable release 9.11 works fine. Its quite a relief really, however the latest nightly doesn't seem to work. Video playback constantly studders, and the audio hops around as it tries to sync with the video. I understand its a nightly, however I have this same issue with Boxee beta, and I have tried using both DXVA and standard with no success. I have a 3.2Ghz quad core AMD processor too, so my pc should handle the software version of ffmpeg no problem. Does anyone else have similar hardware and no play back issues on the last nightly from 3/1?

I plan on downloading the source soon just to study it, and I am willing to test and help if needed. I know XBMC is cleaning up the latest merge and this might of been a problem that was addressed. Love the product though. I was using Boxee, Windows Media Center, and direct loading into MPC-HC for a while. Nothing compares.
(Living Room)
core i7 HD4000 running MythTV .27 and XBMC 16
on XBMCUbuntu 14.04 with 24Hz, DTS-HDMA 7.1
(Bedroom)
core i3 Intel Nuc MythTV .27(front end) and XBMC 16
on Xubuntu 14.04 with 24Hz,
(Mother-in-Law)
Second Gen Raspberry Pi running OpenElec
Droid Turbo with kodi and live tv!
There are some issues with DXVA and the 5000 series ATI cards...

For some reason it just won't work properly.

Mine flickers constantly :mad:
HTPC specs:
Samsung 40" ES8000 3DTV, Win8 Pro 64bit, Intel Core i3 530, ATI HD5450, Antec Minuet HTPC Case, 6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333, Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Windows 7 playback in last nightly0