Tracking down a couple of dialogs/windows
Can anyone help point out what these .xml's do and how I would pull them up to skin them, thx.

1. DialogKaiToast
2. DialogFileStacking
3. DialogSlider
4. DialogGamepad

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
1. DialogKaiToast Is the little thing pops up to tell you stuff like no audio output device or you have plugged in and removed hardware or anything that needs a notice
2. DialogFileStacking Used to pop up if you have "Treat stacked files as single file" in the video settings unselected so you can choose what part to play but I think they removed that option from the gui and is advancedsettings only now
3. DialogSlider Is used to adjust things from the video OSD like audio and subtitle delay
4. DialogGamepad Only used on the xbox to show gampad input for locks on shares and stuff
cool thx

Is DialogKaiToast also what pops up on errors like "Failed: RecentlyAdded.py"

I good way to test it is turn on the xbmc internal webserver then send this command
PHP Code:
http://PC IP/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn(Notification(Testing 123,Hello world)) 

or you can even make a button <onclick> send Notification(Testing 123,Hello world)
Quote:Notification(header,message[,time,image]) Will display a notification dialog with the specified header and message, in addition you can set the length of time it displays in milliseconds and a icon image.

Example in confluence
nice tip, thx

What about the Profile screens?

The .xml's are easily named but how do I get to those windows? I found master lock, but can't find this type of screen. I assume it's somewhere in the setting section but I must be overlooking it..thx, for any replies.

Under Settings>>Profiles>>Users>>Add Profiles add something then see from there it should show the right window.
Thx for the response. This is what I see at the top level of settings?

Press RIGHT from settings on the homepage of confluence.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tracking down a couple of dialogs/windows0