Simple Movielist Viewtype with Cover
Well incorporating your latest ideas it could look sort of like this:

The "blank" areas at the top and bottom are used for other overlays so this is pretty much it for the area that is available in this view.

Like I say though without a (very) big wholesale views restructuring the only way to add this view relatively easily would be to replace the smaller icon wall.

Could do with some more opinions really
Thanks, This looks really great ! Big Grin
Now there is enough space for 17 titles, instead of 9 titles (before).

You have my Vote for replacing it with the small-wall view, one wall-view should be enough.
Especially if we would consider that we will get a huge step in usabillity by introducing this easy-navigating view. Image

No matter if you're 6 years or 66 years old, in this case -less is more-. Image

Regards,
Ubuntuf4n

P.S.: Sharpe, what about making the focus-bar in a slightly glowing yellow-neon colour (partial, not the text-side) ?
The scroll-bar-button (left side) would look good in neon-blue.
Yeah Sharpe, that looks good now!!! I agree to change the highlight color to something more noticeable then gray though. Maybe something like a lighter color (like used in our other views.) the diffused lighter white or something. Not white of course else it will be harder to see the white text, but SOMETHING lighter then darker maybe. It's up to you. See what you think.

I don't personally use small wall view either so this is fine with me too. Anyone else object that does use that viewHuh

Maybe something like this.
Very nice, I like the different ideas.
Your left red-scrolling-bar is simple and perfect. Big Grin

here is another one:

Just a concept, but maybe the focus bar, as djdafreund mentioned, could get some change... ,
the Title should stay easy-readable. Smile

Regards,
Ubuntuf4n
I'm not sure that one is quite as polished looking though. That's why i did the scroll bar and highlighted bar that way, so as to keep try to keep more of a balanced and proffesional look to match the rest of the theme. I don't mean that to sound mean. Maybe for another theme out there it might be ok. It's just the color's and type of bar effect that doesn't look so good. That's why i tried to keep a more toned down and simple look, yet still matching a similar look like the other view's we have.

interesting you mentioned 'one wall view is enough', but if we took that same way of thinking to the number of list view's we already have, being we have more then a few list view's already (3-4) actually, we could use that same idea to change one of those list view's we already have (more of a touch up), but as Sharpe mentioned it happens to be one of the easiest way to implement this idea by removing the small wall view. But honestly, i DO personally like this one in discussion no matter what. I'm kind of digging it. Smile (but that's why i was hoping to change one we had, as we only need so many list views.)
djdafreund, you're right a professional look would be good. Smile
In the end only a animated view could tell us how it looks in real-usage.

As said, I would prefer your red scrolling-bar, instead of mine.
Maybe we could find a compromise for the main focus-bar by emphasizing it a little bit more.

Regarding the implementaion, we should give the easy way a try.
However, it could be also possible to implement it as it is (in your concept) and tweak it later on, if further tweaking is necessary.

Sharpe, what do you think regarding the layout and design? Big Grin
Would like to check it out while running :-)

Regards,
ubuntuf4n
djdafreund Wrote:interesting you mentioned 'one wall view is enough', but if we took that same way of thinking to the number of list view's we already have, being we have more then a few list view's already (3-4) actually, we could use that same idea to change one of those list view's we already have (more of a touch up), but as Sharpe mentioned it happens to be one of the easiest way to implement this idea by removing the small wall view. But honestly, i DO personally like this one in discussion no matter what. I'm kind of digging it. Smile (but that's why i was hoping to change one we had, as we only need so many list views.)

Yeah ideally I would have preferred to alter one of the list views and have kept the 2nd wall view - but the problem with the way the current video library views are set up is that the views (especially the list ones) are all intertwined together and some share ids and objects that display under different conditions - ie the fanart backgrounds are shared between a couple of the list views. Really I would need to "de-tangle" all the views to get them all displaying together. To be honest though if anything I think we have more views than we need and should really look to maybe improving some and dropping others.

Anyhow I've now added this view and put in some new textures if you wanted to alter any of the colours.

Look's beautiful mate!!! And thanks.
Thanks Sharpe, very nice ! Image
And thanks ubuntuf4n for your idea. It ended up pulling together and looking nice. Smile
Just a little heads up - I've made a few minor alterations to this view and updated the download links.
Hmmm. Not quite sure about the darker gray guide marker back instead of the lighter colored one. I know it's white when you change focus to the side bar, but i am just meaning when not selected and moving in the list, it's pretty dark. I would suggest lightening it up a little at least, just so you can at least see it a little easier on the eye. And the highlight looks a little cheap with that look. Not to be picky, but you know i am. Smile Just doesn't look right. Maybe some kind of tweaking or something to do. I actually thought the lighter gray looked clean originally. But maybe it's the too-drastic gradient of the red image that looks bad to me. Hmmm...

djdafreund Wrote:Hmmm. Not quite sure about the darker gray guide marker back instead of the lighter colored one. I know it's white when you change focus to the side bar, but i am just meaning when not selected and moving in the list, it's pretty dark. I would suggest lightening it up a little at least, just so you can at least see it a little easier on the eye. And the highlight looks a little cheap with that look. Not to be picky, but you know i am. Smile Just doesn't look right. Maybe some kind of tweaking or something to do. I actually thought the lighter gray looked clean originally. But maybe it's the too-drastic gradient of the red image that looks bad to me. Hmmm...

Lol - here's me thinking I was tying it all together!

No worries honesty feel free to alter the textures as you think best:

Highlight focus bar: menu focus.png

The side scrollbar unfocussed nib: scrollbar_nib2.png (although the background to the unfocussed nib would need changing in the code as it uses a common shared texture at the moment).
Thanks, the new red focus bar looks good n' fresh for me. Evolutionary :-)

While I was scrolling the list, I thought that it might be cool if there would be a little (non-anoying) animation of the focus bar, but as always only a real-time animation can show if it would fit well or not.
And as always, maybe we should give it a try. Smile

btw, I've have few general ideas regarding backrow, I'll try to sum them up within few days, so that I can provide them all.

Greetings,
Ubuntuf4n
Oh, don't get me wrong, i wasn't meaning to say i didn't like the red highlight, i just was saying it needed a little more lovin' still as it didn't quite look polished that way. I will mess with it further though. I just thought the gray one in the mockup had a clean and polished look to the overall appearance. At first (couple years ago) red button's looked ok, but now they honestly look poor and out of place with having a professional touch, which we are trying hard to work at and hold. Smile (I do have one mockup idea i will post actually first i thought of while typing this.)
But, If the red'ish button is good and flows with the general population (not just a few people liking it, with everyone else 'bleh' about it.) then that's cool, and we will just tweak the image so it fits better. I am all about doing stuff to fit the general consensus. IE- I wouldn't open up a food stand selling sauerkraut covered broccoli with cheese just because i loved it myself or i wouldn't last that long. (eck, that sounds gross. LOL.)

I used the lighter color since we used the same thing in other's area's that have been that way for some time.
IE-

( A lighter shade when darker selections are used. )

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple Movielist Viewtype with Cover0