Simple Movielist Viewtype with Cover
Yeah I guess that makes sense - I have reverted it back to something more in keeping. Also I've just gone back and changed a load of white labels to improve contrast and readability by adding a darker shadow colour.

Sharpe, could the red one still added as an option in the skin settings ?
Would be nice if it could be still included for people who want to have a choice. Wink
If not an option (might be a pain to add a bunch of code just for an image, if even possible), any user at any time can easily replace any texture image with what they want when building from the svn. Wasn't sure if you knew this or not.
I knew this, i have even already backup'ed the texture (menu focus.png) of the previous release. Laugh
For me its not a problem to replace it everytime, but it was just an idea which I had.

As it is an ongoing process, it could be (of course) possible that there will be more changes and improvements into this view.
Yes, of course. Smile
djdafreund Wrote:If not an option (might be a pain to add a bunch of code just for an image, if even possible), any user at any time can easily replace any texture image with what they want when building from the svn. Wasn't sure if you knew this or not.

djdafreund, could you point out, how to change the standard bar with the old red bar ?

I tried to do this while building, but it was still the gray one.

btw ,i mean this one (menu focus.png):

Download: LINK

Greetings,
ubuntuf4n
Try it again after updating the svn. It should work now that I've altered the view xml to point to that file name. Just replace the png in the media for your custom png then rebuild.
Thanks Sharpe! Works like a Charm. :-)
Your red one is my fav.
Hey, when I get a chance, i will mess around with the red one some and see if i can come up with something a little more appealing. Right now it just reminds me of a negative version Coke emblem. "Catch the Wave". LOL. But I think i have an idea of making one similar, but cleaner and more polished looking that you might like. Smile
Thanks djdafreund,

I don't have to worry, because I know that you're always making great designs. *Looking forward* Big Grin

btw, I really love the current red one and I am also a 'coke'-fan. Smile
anyway, there is always room for perfection.

I'll also try to make another red one...

Best Regards,
~td1
I am just super anal when it comes to graphics. A lot of people also know about that with my FoF theme's. (AKA- Worldrave), and as well as Sharpe, which is what he likes best about me. Sometimes i have done things a few times only because it "JUST wasn't QUITE right." which is all that matters to me.

I can get used to the red, but only if it's done properly and looks good. And the current one doesn't to me at all. But if done right, it could look good enough for me to replace. I'll mess with it and make a new red one. And thanks for the compliment. I'm glad everyone loves Back Row so much. I've loved it since day 1 myself. But it has came along quite a lot since the beginning, thanks to all the users idea's and suggestions. "Tailored by the community" from x-s, and continuing here officially as it's much more respectfully fitting now.
I don't know what happened to the original simple movie-list idea...

But I am currently on this.. (love this one)

I also added the latest SVN and now there is this one..

Compared to the above screen, I have to scroll through over 60 pages (before there were around 36 Pages).
Furthermore the above one nearly doubles the amount of displayed titles.
For me, it looks like a step backwards in the 'Design Follows Function Principle'.

What do you guys think?

btw, I am still using djdafreund's excellent red design layer and also the old-scroll-bar
(thanks sharpe for the code).

Sheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
Yeah I figured as you were using your own customised version you wouldn't mind me trying some new ideas - btw it looks far better with studio icons. Once studio icons have their own centralised area in the repo then the SVN version of skin will look like this (the mediafire download):

Yep, those logos are looking very nice.
However, I am fan of laaaarge lists ;-)

referring to this sketch.. Laugh

Anyway, you're doing a real good work.

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
Haha - I do like that sketch!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple Movielist Viewtype with Cover0