SimplyGreen
i can build graphics just fine but i'm not a xml guy so my learning curve would be huge to make a few changes.

i was thinking that it would be cool to see the main menu choices on the main screen.
i like your animations so i'd love if they incorporated something where the menu items seem to "scroll" up and down in a circle pattern (going to the right).
the unchosen options could be faded a bit so to still maintain the integrity of the skin.

then maybe hiding the other, less used items like settings, scripts, reboot, and shutdown.

also, i seem to have a problem where the reboot and shutdown does not work. is there a special button combo to get them to work?

thanks for the great skin!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
the reboot and shut down buttons work for me (xbmc 1.1)

thanks for your suggestions, my ideas for simplygreen 2.0 so far:

if the skin-system-upgrade will progress well (tnx jmarshall), i think it can be done.

what do you think of these concepts?

edit: maybe imagine some sort of background-video (between the two white lines)?
bob,
i definitely like the basic layout and concept:

i love...
the 'current info' and scrreenshot/cover/etc in the upper right!
the bouncing text on the menu... this rocks!

suggestions:

you could squeze a bit more screen real estate by removing the horizontal whilte lines and moving the "header" and the "footer" more towards the top and bottom of the screen. this would allow a few more lines in the center.

i'm not a huge fan of the boxes around the games/movies/etc images. i just think it is too many squares Wink

here's what i was thinking...

the menu items should be a more and more faded as they get smaller too... gives the perception of distance and a curve in the menu

what do you think?
that menu is not possible with the new buttonscroller system.

better imo to leave everything the same size and use alpha to fade out the ones that aren't currently selected.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

can you make the new button system include sizing/scaling for buttons? this would allow the look 'n feel of distance and such when you include it with using alpha blending.
affini:

i've just spent a fair bit of time doing the current one. this was a request from skinners - ie those people who do the work to make xbmc look as nice (and diverse) as it does.

it allows quite a bit of variance for skinners, as well as offering users the ability to configure the buttons.

i'm not going to redo it all at this stage, as i don't believe it's necessary - it would just complicate the code unnecessarily.

feel free to do the code yourself - it's opensource, afterall. i think you'll find you'll need to modify it quite a bit to achieve such a look.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i understand.. and thought it would be a nice feature and look. i saw in on a meedio skin. i did not know you'd need to rearchitect the entire bar... i figured you were doing it in a modular way so you could add different methods as needed.

i do appreciate the people that do the work and i was one of those people for other programs such as homeseer and netremote but no longer have the time to do it myself.

i may once again build a skin if/when a fully function skin builder is available, as i'm tired of hand building things using text editors.
you cant just cover every skinners ida with a preset - so all hes gotta do is change a number to get what he wants - most things ar possible if you just spend enought time playing around with things - and if they're not theres always a workaround - theres plenty of tricks you could try

@ jmarshall - told ya you would make the users expect even more Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SimplyGreen0