[LINUX] Remote Control: Schwaiger UFB41 PC (Panther)
Hi guys,

I got my hands on a IR remote control produced by Schwaiger that claims to be a universal remote control.

It comes shipped with a IR=>USB transceiver (receiver & sender) and the remote control itself.

The control is configurable by profiles that match a large number of TV, SAT, VCR and many others and so too as "PC MEDIA CENTER". Tried that and plugged in to the media center pc Ubuntu recognizes it as HID mouse and HID keyboard. This means the commands are well sent, received, understood and mapped into the OS as keyboard commands. It is thereby usable but nontheless some things are not possible to accomplish in XBMC as for example there is no "C" button to show the context menu on items.

I have my own ideas how I could work around that problem, but would really like to hear your opinions. Maybe one has better ideas than I have.

Oh, before I forget:
I was not able to get lirc working. Does one have a link to a good site which explains how it needs to be configured? Especially the device parameters are quite confusing because I have no direct IR device to attach to.

If you need any more information, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks in advance.
[bump]

No ideas at all?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Remote Control: Schwaiger UFB41 PC (Panther)0