XLink KAI online gaming support in XBMC
fyi: with the latest kai update you can use the kai config tool to set it up to work with xbmc. just set it to "engine only (for dashboard)".
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
can't get it to work here either...

this is my kaiuserconfig.txt
Quote:[kaiuserconfig]
kaiusername=!
kaipassword=!
kaiport=0
kaideepport=0
kaiaccept=all
kaitimeout=never
kainic=0
kailaunch=engine

am i missing something? oh, also the only games i own that can use kai are mc2 and ts2. maybe theres just no one playing these?
hi,
i wonder if its possible to change the list of games in the online part in xbmc? now games like amped 2, cs, ghost recon ++ is listed, but i dont have all those games, and i have some others.

can i just change an .xml file, or do i have to recompile xbmc myself?

thanks!

ziple
norway
has nothing to do with xbmc. the game list is dl form x-links site. but it seams like game list just is like populare games. if you go to arenas and browse you will finde all games.
but right now kai vii isnt fully supported so its no use using xbmc together with kai until xbmc crew gets kai vii protocole...
let me save some of you some hassle when setting up kai to work with xbmc. i am using xbmc build 06/03/04 with kai 7. if your xbox is connected via a wireless bridge, you have to use mac adress cloning. on most routers, you have to forward udp 30000 to your pc that is running the kai engine. you will also use the same port for your kai config.
your kaiuserconfig.txt should look like the following:

[kaiuserconfig]
kaiusername=kaiusername
kaipassword=kaipassword
kaiport=30000
kaideepport=0
kaiaccept=all
kaitimeout=never
kainic=0
kailaunch=engine

this is an awesome feature.
xbmc devs-- your work is much appreciated. i love this program! thank you guys!
ok i use xlink evo7 on my pc no prob, but i did everything it asked in the manual to get it to work in xbmc.

added user name and pass in xlink tags in the xbmc.xml

and only launched the kai engine without the ui using kai config tool.

in xbmc i see my xtag but i dont think its connecting to the kai server, arenas and everything else is 0 or empty
(again, note!Wink: fyi, full/real kai 7 support will not be added to xbmc until after xbmc 1.0.0 final source code been fixed and set in stone.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
it took forever searching

to get xbmc and xlink going xbox has to have a static ip!

i think this tip will help alot of peeps who where having the same issues i had not seeing any arenas.

still one problem though cant get into sub-arenas
say im in halo-ntsc/us is as far as it will go no sub arenas found.
i know xlink isnt a suppoted feature yet but......
i have xbmc 1 and xlink 7
xlink seems to be functioning like it should

but it doesnt see sub-arenas,
for example thee furthest i can get is the halo-ntsc/us arena
but when i use the ui on my computer i can go 1 maybe even more levels deeper in the arena selection

is it me or can you guys get into sub arenas?

thx
(gamester17 @ june 24 2004,11:44 Wrote:(again, note!Wink: fyi, full/real kai 7 support will not be added to xbmc until after xbmc 1.0.0 final source code been fixed and set in stone.
1.0 is done.
hope to see a 'launch game' from hdd-option soon.
Huh
the dev handling kai stuff in xbmc is occupied till mid august or ~ so sadly no updates on kai till then Cool

but -seems- to me like kai development has stalled pretty much anyway, no major ui improvements for a loooooong time? please correct me if i'm wrong Shocked
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i use xbmc as my dashboard. whenever i go to my programs the xlink code in xbmc tries to take control of the the kai gui on my pc and crashes the xlink engine.

if i start the xlink stuff after the game i want to play online is loaded, it works fine.

i know that the kaixlink stuff isn't supported yet, but due to the fact that it doesn't fully work i was wondering if there is someway to disable it?
this is a problem with the win32 code, and not xbmc, i reported this "issue" a very long time ago, but apparantly it's not high on their todo list :joker:

can anyone tell me where the gui isHuh i wanna play xkai link but i cant seem to find the place where i can cut and paste my user name and password hep plzHuh
look around the setting while running xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XLink KAI online gaming support in XBMC0